The theives out there are gonna love this!

I hope someone is asking them that exact question.....

Actually that would be pretty handy with a proximity switch or the thing Echobase is working on. Wonder what they do with the wheel lock? Guess you don't need that at the track either.

If I had a track only bike that would be something 2 consider but on a street bike thanks but no thanks :laugh:

Easy everyone, they aren't making them for the Busa.

Requires more than just a panel removal also, so don't just type something to incite a riot.

Do you really think hood rats are scanning the Woodcraft website or WERA boards ?

We all know if a thief wants your bike, they will get it.

Seems this is for track bikes only. Woodcraft is big on racing stuff as Eric Wood (I think) still races, and has his own Penguin Racing school.

Also, it would have to be bike- or model-specific, so a thief would have to have one for each brand/type.

I posted this to the STT board, most comments there were that this is a track-specific product, and you'd have to get under the tank to reach the bus to plug it up - and it's a lot quicker to just carry off the bike and fool with it later...

We all know if a thief wants your bike, they will get it.
most bike thefts are a result of a hot wire. sure many are thrown into mini vans but most are ignition jumped. 80%-90% of lojack bikes I've recovered had a jumped ignition.

and plenty of bikes are stollen right from the track. especially at big events. don't under estimate thieves lurking in these forums or any other forum. they do so often primarily to see which big races are coming up.

same was done at the Turbobuick Nationals last year where 2 truck and trailers were stolen and ended up in Chicago and 2 cars hot wired right from the hotel. these thieves came all the way from Ctown to Kentucky to steal. they weren't just passing thru....

How many have actually removed the ignition switch from their busa? I removed mine on my race bike and it was much more difficult than i was expecting.. I am doing the same thing - replacing the key with a toggle switch.

How many have actually removed the ignition switch from their busa? I removed mine on my race bike and it was much more difficult than i was expecting.. I am doing the same thing - replacing the key with a toggle switch.

How so?

Its trapped between a tab on the frame and the upper tripe tree. If I remember correctly, I had to remove the steering stem nut and lift the frame off the head stem (not totally but a few inches) so i could get the ignition out without wrecking it.

If they make one for a Gen II, I'll buy one. Getting tired of having to replace $200.00 lock sets because of the salt at Bonneville f'd them up or my dad losing my key at the track.

Back