The Superbyke, it's done and I can't believe I own this thing.

Hey Doyle I personally love getting snarky posts, that means I drove them so wild with envy they couldn't help making a fool of themselves! It's sort of a form of flattery, LOL! Bike looks awesome! However your detractor do raise a good point: A bike this special deserves a pro photo shoot, even a mag article.

You're right Willie, I'm going to ck that out soon (mag article, etc.). Hey, are you still looking at touring bikes? I don't know if you read any of my other posts but I bought an Adventure Touring bike (KTM 1290) and am SO GLAD! It's not only really comfortable but when the tarmac ends I can still keep exploring, I'm planning an Arctic Circle trip (can't believe I'm saying that!) for a "retirement adventure" next year. Don't get me wrong, the K1600 BMW is beautiful but the KTM just does more stuff! Doyle

Yeah Doyle I have been keeping up with you, always exciting! The work you guys did on the superbike was really fun to read about, wish I was close enough to have helped. I have moved away from the 1600 and I have actually had a chance to ride a KTM (on street briefly) and it was very nice. Also looking at the BMW S1000XR. Since I have been bitten by track days I have been thinking of getting a $5K 2006 Gixxer to go out and crash and move the Busa over to touring duty. So many choices these days. Money has gotten much tighter though so I have to wait on new hardware for awhile.

Thanks Gene! Hey, I hope all is well with you, what are you riding these days?

The only thing I'm currently riding is my 1983 Murray Baja bicycle. Destroyed my shoulder back in June at Sand Mountain, broke the collar bone into 3 pieces, tore cartilage in the shoulder joint & injured veins which resulted in blood clots in the shoulder and arm. I can't even ride my mountain bike yet so I'm hitting the paved American River Bike Trail daily, averaging 10-12 miles per day, some days I'll push myself and hit 35-45 miles. This whole experience is turning out to be quite the adventure, I've learned that I have high blood pressure and high cholesterol and I'm determined to do whatever it takes to avoid treating these issues with pharmaceutical drugs. Two weeks ago I drastically changed my diet, no sugar & no processed foods, that itself can be quite a challenge. Anyhow I still have my pristine 05 Busa with only 5K miles, she is sitting on the battery tender and ready to go.

The only thing I'm currently riding is my 1983 Murray Baja bicycle. Destroyed my shoulder back in June at Sand Mountain, broke the collar bone into 3 pieces, tore cartilage in the shoulder joint & injured veins which resulted in blood clots in the shoulder and arm. I can't even ride my mountain bike yet so I'm hitting the paved American River Bike Trail daily, averaging 10-12 miles per day, some days I'll push myself and hit 35-45 miles. This whole experience is turning out to be quite the adventure, I've learned that I have high blood pressure and high cholesterol and I'm determined to do whatever it takes to avoid treating these issues with pharmaceutical drugs. Two weeks ago I drastically changed my diet, no sugar & no processed foods, that itself can be quite a challenge. Anyhow I still have my pristine 05 Busa with only 5K miles, she is sitting on the battery tender and ready to go.

Wow, at least you're still on 2 wheels! I firmly believe in bicycling as a longevity drug, keep that riding up, my blood pressure plummeted permanently once I exceeded 100 bicycle miles a week. The best to you, hope we can ride together some day! Doyle

Yeah Doyle I have been keeping up with you, always exciting! The work you guys did on the superbike was really fun to read about, wish I was close enough to have helped. I have moved away from the 1600 and I have actually had a chance to ride a KTM (on street briefly) and it was very nice. Also looking at the BMW S1000XR. Since I have been bitten by track days I have been thinking of getting a $5K 2006 Gixxer to go out and crash and move the Busa over to touring duty. So many choices these days. Money has gotten much tighter though so I have to wait on new hardware for awhile.

I'm a big fan of the Busa as a "full tourer". With soft bags, taller windscreen, one tooth smaller countershaft sprocket and handlebar conversion kit, it is the best kept secret in touring. Good luck in your choices, they will all work. (just make sure your bike's close to upright when you power out of those track apexes!) Doyle

Very nice Bike Raydog, usually I am not a fan of naked full fairing bikes, but this one stands out and looks very clean. As you said performance bit have even more bling than bling parts :)

The only thing I do not like or which I thinks looks a little bit out of place are the headlights, they stand out too much and are too small for a big naked monster, the MT03 light always looks good or something like this, but as usual this is only my taste ;)

Is it for you now 100% completed or are you thinking about adding or changing anything?

Ray dog just so you know I love the build , and found a few pictures of your bike before I joined/owned a hayabusa . I saved them to my desk top for viewing :) Also dont you mean 1 tooth larger up front for touring ?

V max to busa good luck sir with improving your health

Ray dog just so you know I love the build , and found a few pictures of your bike before I joined/owned a hayabusa . I saved them to my desk top for viewing :) Also dont you mean 1 tooth larger up front for touring ?

V max to busa good luck sir with improving your health

Thank you for all that and YES, I'm stupid....I meant to say slightly smaller REAR sprocket!

Very nice Bike Raydog, usually I am not a fan of naked full fairing bikes, but this one stands out and looks very clean. As you said performance bit have even more bling than bling parts :)

The only thing I do not like or which I thinks looks a little bit out of place are the headlights, they stand out too much and are too small for a big naked monster, the MT03 light always looks good or something like this, but as usual this is only my taste ;)

Is it for you now 100% completed or are you thinking about adding or changing anything?

JUST got back from 1st test ride and it's an angry little motorcycle with those downpipes! The only thing left (I've said that before) I can think of is that I want to take the bottom (pan) off the motor and get it powdercoated black....THEN I'M DONE! Doyle

Very Nice. I bet that bike is a blast to ride. Nice weight reduction, also.

Love the color.

Beautiful bike. I love the look of those pipes.

Not sure I fully understand the reasoning behind a 250MPH naked bike though. Won't it be impossible to ride past 130 or so like the VMAXs and the VRods?

Beautiful bike. I love the look of those pipes.

Not sure I fully understand the reasoning behind a 250MPH naked bike though. Won't it be impossible to ride past 130 or so like the VMAXs and the VRods?

181 on a naked bike for me . Ever seen Ghost rider UK videos with the naked turbo busa running insane speeds ?

It's surprising how much wind deflection occurs with that tiny windscreen, the faster you go, the higher the airflow arc rises above your body. That being said, it's not like I cruise around at 160 mph!

It's about time :) been waiting for this bike for a while now............AWESOME is not a big enough word to describe it. Although I am still BUSA LESS I still have the Buell 1125R. Robert

Back