The Superbyke, it's done and I can't believe I own this thing.

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
For four years I've waited for this day. Pulse Performance Parts (Scott, aka Isiahstites)just ceramic coated the double downpipes I had made last week and I immediately installed them, rolled the bike onto the lawn for the below "photo shoot" to share with the org. The one bummer is Scott told me I had to wait FIVE DAYS before I start the motor (so the ceramic fully sets up), yikes, I hate that! Seriously, this motorcycle, with the change of a spring and race gas is a 350 hp bike, it's detuned to 240 hp and 140 lbs of torque presently.
I'm really looking forward to riding it, it weighs about 465 pounds. You've heard this before but....the pics don't do it justice, standing in its presence is so eye candy satisfying (especially for folks that know motorcycles, particularly Busa people). Nothing is for bling, all for performance (which is bling to me). Riding impression next week! Doyle

IMG_0026.jpg

IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg

IMG_0031.jpg

Nice! What's the name of the color? Five days will be rough but it will give you time to align the rear bodywork...

Nice! What's the name of the color? Five days will be rough but it will give you time to align the rear bodywork...

The color is a custom mix by a local hot August Nights artist, the bodywork alignment is perfect, i wouldn't have dropped 25k on this project and allowed something that lame to exist, sometimes 2 dimensional photos present an optical illusion I suppose.

I guess so if you say so. The pic seemingly shows the tail section misaligned over the rear tire about an inch or more to the right.

Nice bike. I wish we were all there to see your reaction when it first rolled up and now when you get to ride it.

I guess so if you say so. The pic seemingly shows the tail section misaligned over the rear tire about an inch or more to the right.

yes, i say so, there isn't one milimeter of assemetry on this motorcycle.

My God Doyle! I'd put that in my living room.

Thanks Tim, hey, I'm comin to your "reboot" ride in October, really looking forward to it! (I wont be bringing the Superbyke however).

C'mon the guy gave you an explanation as to what you see in the photo, is it completely necessary for you to piss in his Cheerios when he's just excited that his bike is done?

Does it affect you in any way? Have you made any buddy happier with your post? I will never understand people's desire to bring down people who are happy or excited about something.

C'mon the guy gave you an explanation as to what you see in the photo, is it completely necessary for you to piss in his Cheerios when he's just excited that his bike is done?

Does it affect you in any way? Have you made any buddy happier with your post? I will never understand people's desire to bring down people who are happy or excited about something.

:bowdown: Well said sir.

This build has made for enjoyable and educational reading over the years. Maybe this bike will have some demonstrable advantage over other bikes of its kind.(Turbo streetfighters or superbykes). Props to the builders maybe more so than to the owner w/ the 25K. However, lighten up a little on people expressing their opinion. For my taste I prefer Tony Nitrous' bike, done many years ago.

Lookin good Doyle, the two short down pipes are definitely a much better look on that bike than the full length pipe with muffler. I like the custom Corbin seat on the GSXR tail, nice fit. I also notice you powdercoated the CM swingarm, everything really fits together nicely, hope to see it in person some day.

Lookin good Doyle, the two short down pipes are definitely a much better look on that bike than the full length pipe with muffler. I like the custom Corbin seat on the GSXR tail, nice fit. I also notice you powdercoated the CM swingarm, everything really fits together nicely, hope to see it in person some day.

Thanks Gene! Hey, I hope all is well with you, what are you riding these days?

This build has made for enjoyable and educational reading over the years. Maybe this bike will have some demonstrable advantage over other bikes of its kind.(Turbo streetfighters or superbykes). Props to the builders maybe more so than to the owner w/ the 25K. However, lighten up a little on people expressing their opinion. For my taste I prefer Tony Nitrous' bike, done many years ago.

I only respond to your post for two reasons, both in the interest of accuracy. First, I am not a rich guy that wrote a check for $25k so I could have some undeserved exotic machinery. Although "the builder"(Isiahstites) truly made it his labor of love, my fingernails got dirty and I scrubbed grease from a bloody knuckle more than once on this Superbyke. Second, nobody is being censored for "expressing their opinion" here, it just seemed a little snarky to say, "the five days will give you time to straighten the bodywork". Would it not have been more friendly to say, "the top view pic looks like the body is misaligned, is it?" Ultimately I don't care what people I'll never meet think but since this is my thread, all I want to do is share the completion of this bike with my friends on here....not diverge into some weird conflict. Doyle

Hey Doyle I personally love getting snarky posts, that means I drove them so wild with envy they couldn't help making a fool of themselves! It's sort of a form of flattery, LOL! Bike looks awesome! However your detractor do raise a good point: A bike this special deserves a pro photo shoot, even a mag article.

Back