The start of a long road ahead

mines-a-busa

Registered
Hello everyone i just wanted to say hi and break the ice. I don't have my bike yet but my birthday is the 1st and i am going to be treating myself to a well deserved gift by getting a busa from one of the local bike shops. The bike has been sitting at the shop for a while. Its an 05 LE with 2000 miles, bone stock, and the guy wants 7,500 taxes and all. The bank blue books for 8,300 so I'm assuming its a good deal. My question is if I should worry about the second gear problem. Or what i should look out for when going to buy it. Thanks and I look forward to being a member and sharing all my soon to come experiences.
laugh.gif

I have seen posts on the problems section about the second gear forks being bent from bad shifting, didn't know if i should watch out for it.

(mines-a-busa @ Aug. 25 2007,21:00) I have seen posts on the problems section about the second gear forks being bent from bad shifting, didn't know if i should watch out for it.
I know that there has been talk about it...just think the problem is operator error and not with the bike. Second
gear is a weak point with any motorcycle trans. If you pu$$y foot it...you can miss the 1-2 shift, then it
pops out of gear. Then some idiots chop the throttle, pull the clutch and slam it back into 2nd  
wow.gif

Just shift it like you mean it and it will be fine.

post-52-02136-welcome.gif
to the best bike site on the net. The only problem you should be worried about is the bike not being there when you go to get it. Unless you have put a hold on it of course! Ride safe and have fun!
beerchug.gif

I did forget to mention one serious problem the Busa does have...a appetite for rear tires
all_coholic.gif

Thanks guys i think the busa is wonderful bike. I can't wait to do mods upgrades. BTW i have checked this site out for a while and it really is a great forum. I realy like how every one watches each others backs. I watched the products and classifieds section for a bike, and i was amazed at how everyone watches for people not following the rules of sale. Great job and keep up the great site.
bowdown.gif

Back