The Spouse and the Busa.

The Spouse and the Busa. -

• The wife hates the thing and wants it gone.

Votes: 253 99.2%
  • I have to be very nice and beg my Mrs if I want to ride.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The wifey doesn't mind me going out as long as it is planned.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I ride anytime, anywhere, anyhow, cuzz she don't care.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Loves it and she is usually on the back seat.

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife has hated the idea of me on Motorcycles since my first one and 2 months later a friend of ours hit a car head on and died leaving behind his childhood sweetheart of 9 years, only 2 of which were married MONTHS.. Everytime she sees a news story anywhere about a biker getting killed i hear about it for days. I truly appreciate her concern, I know the risks and i know she loves me and doesnt want to lose me but we all know the addiction to the rush riding a motorcycle brings and its hard to give up. If i dont ride for a week its too long and the winters are brutal. I have gotten my wife on a V-Rod for a 10 minute ride in Myrtle when i rented but thats about it. I get out when i can, weeknights for a quick ride, be it to the gym or around town for an hour or so and then i can get a weekend ride in a few times a month and disappear all day. We dont have kids yet but i dont want to know what will happen to my riding priviledges then. She already told me i wont be at the the bar every sunday watching football!! crazy.gif I know that like others have said there will be a part of me that will be held back because i want to be with the kids but i will still have the urge to ride! Should be interesting nonetheless..

(heavybusa @ Nov. 27 2006,18:38) I dont see this option but I can ride when ever I want and the wife will go.

but she is scared of it and freaks out, so i really have to tone it down.

I'm willing to make the trade off for the quality time.  super.gif
Sounds alot like mine!

If I call my wife after work and the weather is nice, she answers, 'When do you think you'll be back?'

She knows my love to ride.

(Devious @ Nov. 28 2005,08:13) I can ride anytime I want to without a problem from the Wife. My problem is my 14 1/2 month old baby girl Sierra. As much as I sometimes want to ride it's hard to walk away from her when she holds her hands up for me to pick her up and smiles at me or wants to give me kisses. All is lost at that point. She wins everytime.

David
That's the way it's suppose to be. laugh.gif

Holy shid, it's an old poll, didn't realize until I read NJs post.

Bought the Busa, got rid of the wife SHOCKED.gif

My wife doesn't ride so that's my free time away from everything. She doesn't care if I just take off. Many times I ride the bike just to run to the store.

I got it good. The girl doesn't give me any hell about riding, or buying stuff for the bike. She says I work hard for my money, and I might as well enjoy it. What a good girl...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back