The Spouse and the Busa.

The Spouse and the Busa. -

• The wife hates the thing and wants it gone.

Votes: 253 99.2%
  • I have to be very nice and beg my Mrs if I want to ride.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The wifey doesn't mind me going out as long as it is planned.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I ride anytime, anywhere, anyhow, cuzz she don't care.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Loves it and she is usually on the back seat.

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
not the wifey .. as someone stated, sometimes when the kids want to do something it is hard to just say i am goin riding and not hanging with them.

alot of time is seems like alot of night riding because of that. now i split it up because i do have a very understanding wife, but i also give her time to do things she wants to do. all relationships have to have give and take as well as compromises.

all be safe and have a happy holiday season. biggrin.gif

I asked my wife to ride with me either on the busa or the harley and she says no is ok no sense in both of us getting hurt. So I get to go anytime anywhere and she is cool with it.:;):

Oh well, my wife said she MIGHT go with me if I bought another Harley. I said in the last 10 years she hadn't thrown a leg over the harley I just sold. She would not ride a Crotch Rocket, (her words) so I told her that was her choice. There's other things involved besides that but the divorce will be final in 90 days. I'll have to see if the girlfriend wants to go then. biggrin.gif

My wife rode on the back once, didn't really like it. If we ride two up, it is on the Nomad. I've asked if she wants to learn to operate either one. She prefers being the passenger.

My wife loves to ride when the weather's good. still working on acquiring the right gear for her. She loves me to ride on my own though. The only thing she worries about is getting another speeding ticket! tounge.gif

Mine never seems to mind whenever i want to go. The key is I pay attention and know when it's a good time to go and when it's not. A good friend once told me that 99.9% of all marital problems can be boiled down to one word ... selfishness. I've tried to prove that statement wrong but have been unsucessful to date. I choose when and where I want to go and I seldom run into any problems. She hasn't ridden with me in a while but I will discuss that in a thread I am starting. As long as I check myself and make sure the needs of my wife and Kid are met I can go and do as i wish when i wish. It is mostly up to me. It's relatively easy to accomplish. I have a very strict pecking order... God , Family, Me. Makes life really simple wink.gif

My wife is very understanding of my riding. I go out alot in the evening as she goes to bed fairly early as she gets up really early for work. She has her own motorcycle though, and on sundays we usally go for a ride together. Seems like once or twice a week is enough for her(riding the bike I mean) and she understands I need it more often(riding again you sickos). Again as someone already mentioned, knowing when they would prefer you would not go riding is the key to family harmony.

i'm between the

i ride anytime, anywhere... thing.. and the she doesn't mind as long as it's planned.

she knows I normally ride atleast 2 sunday out of each month if it's pretty (i work the other 6 days) .. so thats planned.

but she normally doesn't say to much if I show up at the house early from work grabbing my leathers and sayin' don't worry about dinner.. I'll grab something somewhere.

she actually get mad at me sometimes because I don't take her often enough.

I do love her, and love that she likes to ride... I just ain't much on two up riding. scares me to death to think of crashing with my baby momma.. haha.

plus the 'busa looks better with the hump on. wink.gif

My wife, while excited at first has lost her taste for the bike.  Funny thing was she MADE me get a supplemental life policy when I got the bike.  Hell, she probably wishes I'd fall of the thing so she could get paid. LOL

She's been on it only twice to do the "Quaker Steak and Lube" thing.
that's scary...make sure all of your bolts are tight before you ride. smile.gif Tell your wife that you made me beneficiary of the policy with instructions not to pay up under suspicious circumstances and you should be ok.

My wife ordered my Busa for me, she loves the Busa and she rides a 2000 Bandit 1200S.....

<!--EDIT|Max Speed
Reason for Edit: None given...|1133391635 -->

sueatbackdoor7.jpg

My wife has hated every bike I've had , especially the Busa . Everytime I mention the bike she rolls her eyeballs and starts growling . Looks like somethin' from the Exorcist !biggrin.gif

&quot;I ride anytime, anywhere, anyhow, cuzz she don't care.&quot;

It's not that she doesn't care it's becouse she too rides. I ride any time, anywhere, anyhow because she has her own ride and understands the need. We ride together and plan vacations around the bikes. Gotta love her! thumbs-up.gif

My wife is cool. She let's me ride whenever. Now my girlfriend gets an attitude when I tell her that I am going for a ride. Go figure:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back