The Spouse and the Busa.

The Spouse and the Busa. -

• The wife hates the thing and wants it gone.

Votes: 253 99.2%
  • I have to be very nice and beg my Mrs if I want to ride.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The wifey doesn't mind me going out as long as it is planned.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I ride anytime, anywhere, anyhow, cuzz she don't care.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Loves it and she is usually on the back seat.

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

wizeguy

Registered
I was just curious how you guys fit in riding time with being married. I am blessed to have a wife that understands my passion for riding and does not say anything (most of the time) when I take off for an afternoon of riding. In fact, she sometimes likes to go with me (for short rides anyway). How about you guys?

I can ride anytime I want to without a problem from the Wife. My problem is my 14 1/2 month old baby girl Sierra. As much as I sometimes want to ride it's hard to walk away from her when she holds her hands up for me to pick her up and smiles at me or wants to give me kisses. All is lost at that point. She wins everytime.

David

I'm at the other end of this since I'm the wife, BUT...it's tough with kids, that's for sure...

Mike used to ride whenever he wanted, I'd be at home, good wife, taking care of the baby...then I bought my Busa and WANTED to ride as much as possible, leave him at home with the kids, etc...it created some friction, but over time we've developed some understanding.

If he wants to go ride with friends, I don't give him grief. I expect the same in return and he's good about it...

The best times are when we get the kids to Grandmas and we head out for a few hours together...it's rare, but it's always a blast...

Gotta have compromise on both sides no matter what the circumstances...

Wife lets me ride just about anytime. We have an agreement that at least one day a week she gets my attention and not "My Baby"... the other woman in my life. I love having two women in my life... tounge.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif

I'm retired and she still works for a living. Hehe - I ride anytime the mood strikes, especially during the week when she is at work. She is scared to death of motorcyles, but heck, that's OK by me, frees me up completely to go out when I want.

Happily single and free, guess I can't vote. But when I get married, it WILL BE the 5th answer:
Loves it and she is usually on the back seat.

Ever since my accident in July 2003 I have not been able to even look at a bike or mention a bike around her without getting the speech. After countless talking about bikes, she is slowly but surely giving in but when I do end up getting another bike, I will have to plan my rides since we don't see much of each other. smile.gif

My wife, while excited at first has lost her taste for the bike. Funny thing was she MADE me get a supplemental life policy when I got the bike. Hell, she probably wishes I'd fall of the thing so she could get paid. LOL

She's been on it only twice to do the "Quaker Steak and Lube" thing.

I also am blessed to have a wonderful wife that understands my passion. She will ride with me occasionally, but it really isn't her thing. Her passion is horses.
She knows that I keep my priorities in line...got way too much to keep up with @ our place..
I ride at least once a week..weather permitting.

I'm very blessed as well to have an understanding wife although w/ three kids it is hard sometimes to go out and ride. A little history about me and my wife we met in 94 when I had an FZR600.

My wife is addicted to the speed! She's crying now cos the turbo surgery isnt finished yet! Whew hoo!

layla2.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back