The Skazs' First track day experience

theskaz

I am all that is BACON!
Donating Member
Registered
So.... Camp Pendleton had a track day today. Well, its not really a track but they put up cones on a flight line. This was for active duty only so my wife(LadySkaz) was the pilot. She got a class on body position from Track Dayz instructors. the we wend to the "Track". there were 3 groups. Green stickers were for beginners, then teh yellow. which was for intermediate the red....advanced....

Red went first. on lap 3 a guy went down, slid right to me. Here are some pics of those guys:
DSC_0401.jpg

DSC_0406.jpg

DSC_0418.jpg

Low side in progress
DSC_0511.jpg

DSC_0590.jpg

DSC_0651.jpg

DSC_0668.jpg

DSC_0670.jpg

DSC_0674.jpg

DSC_0401.jpg

DSC_0406.jpg

DSC_0418.jpg

DSC_0511.jpg

DSC_0590.jpg

DSC_0651.jpg

DSC_0668.jpg

DSC_0670.jpg

DSC_0674.jpg

And now the Wif:

After it was all over, I ROFL'd at this guy that blurted out "You think thats bad, i just got spanked by a chick....on a busa!!!" I laughed so hard that I caught his attention and had to tell him that that was my wife....and my bike :cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:
DSC_0684.jpg

DSC_0690.jpg

DSC_0755.jpg

DSC_0756.jpg

DSC_0758.jpg

DSC_0797.jpg

DSC_0801.jpg

DSC_0841.jpg

DSC_0898.jpg

DSC_0963.jpg

DSC_0970.jpg

DSC_0994.jpg

DSC_0995.jpg

DSC_0684.jpg

DSC_0690.jpg

DSC_0755.jpg

DSC_0756.jpg

DSC_0758.jpg

DSC_0797.jpg

DSC_0801.jpg

DSC_0841.jpg

DSC_0898.jpg

DSC_0963.jpg

DSC_0970.jpg

DSC_0994.jpg

DSC_0995.jpg

Oh yeah... I am a proud new owner of a blown fork seal.....

Also Before this day we were debating whether or not to get her a 1 or 2 pc suit. because she didnt know if she was going to like it...she is still in permagrin mode and I have created a monster.

and no I didnt ride, I just got burnt taking 1k pictures.

Awesome awesome awesome. Loving it. I have to take the brc and got my friend in to it too. She's doing well, so sooner or later maybe I'll get to take pics of her like that.. haha.

You are so lucky your wife not only likes bikes but can also ride .
Mine won't even sit on one she's so scared .

Great pics , thanks for sharing

Thankyou all! I had a blast!! Can't wait till I can get my own bike. I need to work on my form a little more though. :D

Thankyou all! I had a blast!! Can't wait till I can get my own bike. I need to work on my form a little more though. :D

Looked really good in the pic.'s to me, I'm no pro knee dragger, but if you came off the seat a little, it looks like the bike is right there for it ? :bowdown:

Showed my lady the pics to motivate her for her BRC and she completed it today. Now she wants to go further and learn how to do that herself. lol.. AWESOME!

The more track day shots I see the more I want to buy another bike and go get some. I would not want to take my every day ride out. Just the combo of wanting to REALLY get into this and not wanting to trash the busa.

Congratz ladySkaz! And I applaud you skaz, not sure I could stand on the sidelines

Back