jellyrug

Donating Member
Registered
What do you prefer?

Big butt. ?

015_edited-1.jpg

Small butt. ?

016_edited-1.jpg

Put about a 1,000 miles on the little GSXR 600 to get ready for the track, so how does it compare to a Busa. ???

Here is the answer: :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Anyways, glad I don't have to put my precious Busa on the track.

The 600 actually goes surprisingly well for a 600, just off 100 mph in second gear, lifts the front without clutch in 1st, and it is real easy to hang off the side to get that knee closer to the pavement. But it is one hell of a downgrade from a Busa. Best description is sitting on top of a weed-wacker with lots of vibration. It is fun to ride, until you get back on the Busa.???

015_edited-1.jpg

016_edited-1.jpg

I like both depending application! :whistle::laugh: Yes big difference between the two! I remember coming back from the 08 spring bash and the day I get back my buddy asked me to ride is new R6. First thing I noticed was ther was no torque! I knew this, but to feel it back to back..... Wow! I was like there is no power! But throw it in a curve.... And again its so so light and nimble! Two different worlds butvstill both are fun!

We had a track rental last year at one of the local drag strips and I took my Gen II and a buddies stretched 07 GSXR-600. He wanted some time slips for the bike, so of course I'm game for making a few passes on it. I made about 8 passes with my bike and decided to get the 600 off the trailer. I thought I was going to be able to take a nap on the 600 :laugh:

Like they say..

"It ain't over 'till the Fat lady Sings!"

and then?...

yes..

it's usually "over". :whistle:

L8R, Bill. :laugh:

Definately BIG :rofl: 600s are fun though because they feel like toys after a ride on a busa.they are so light :laugh:

Gotta have junk in my trunk :laugh:

Anyway , if you bought the 600 new and you don't mind saying; how much ?

A 600cc supersport will run circles around a busa on a road course. I couldn't replace my busa with one for street duty though.

I like small butts if they are on a lady, But I like both when it comes to bikes, I would really like to have a 600 and get ride of the 1000 I have cause a small bike is so much easier to flick around on the track and you can ride it more on the throttle and it is a little more forgiving than a Liter bike or the busa if you get a little to hamfisted. When I race motorcross I always preferred to ride a 125 because you could ride it pinned the whole track and just use the clutch a little, But on a 250 you couldn't do that you had to have a lot more throttle control, Which I have never been very good at but I am having to learn it now that I am trying to track day the 1000, My throttle control has always been wide open and that doesn't work anymore:laugh:

Don't underestimate a 600, it does the 1/4 in 10.6. Just have to keep the RPM around 12000. Really on back roads the only difference between the little Gixxer and the Busa is you can use all the power. With a Busa you can't.
Posted via Mobile Device

Again you did well with your choices! 600 for the track! Busa for the road! Your riding skills will get better with a 600 at the track! Less to worry about.... This is were less is more! Less power means easier on the rear tire...which last longer! Less power means less chance of high siding! Less power means more time to think about the next corner... but that will change as you get faster as you get better at carrying more speed into and out of the corners. Lighter so it doesnt wear you out... lighter means it turns quicker.... lighter means less use of brakes.... I can go on and on! the Busa makes a good road bike... torque is the key! It weighs a bit more... but is more stable cruising around. Rides 2 up better too! etc. etc.!

Still nice to have to bikes... One for the track and one for the road!:thumbsup::cheerleader:

Back