The site keeps growing

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Thought that I would pass on to the fine members of the site and those that just lurk
smile.gif
that to my dismay this place keeps growing. January turned out to be a record month for visits and stats. Im not sure why people keep coming and why they keep coming back but they are. In May we had the site broken way down spanning 3 servers and was hosted at my house. Since we have moved to a colocated facility and unlimited bandwidth you can see the increase in traffic over the past 6 months.. The stats do not cover the movies or chat but you can add a couple million more hits and about 700 gig in bandwidth because of the movie download.

Incredible, you guys are awesome...

stats_jan.gif

You know this place started because I was working as a tech for a company called PSINet and I was in management and I was losing my tech skills fast. I bought the name from a guy in TX called Chase aka bigdog and the site was offline when I bought it. Chase wanted to make sure that the domain lived on and he put on the sale page that he would only sell it to someone that had the means and knowledge to to keep it going. It had been offline for many months with a simple for sale sign as the intro page. I bought it and put it on a hosted server at PSINet just so I could practice new stuff and keep sharp. About 2 weeks into the new purchase I checked the web stats for some reason and I noticed that there were about 3000 hits, I was curious as to why my site was being hit from all over, at the time SH.org was not around and LAbusas was just firing up. I thought at first that I was being hacked from IP's all over the world.. To my suprise I received an email around may - june of 01 wanting me to put a message board up. I blew the idea off as just something else to worry about, we sold shirts, had the gallery and movies then but no board. I kept getting emails from people wanting a board. I put one up in Oct of 01 and we have been online ever since.... If you look you will see that captain is actually the second account created and kingj is the first. I had a change of mind about two days into it and I became captain. If you look back in the first post you will see messages from narcissus and myself going back and forth, we were lucky to have one post per day..... We have seen some awesome folks come and go and I must admit that I have created some great friendships.... Narcissus, Jester have both come to my house since then... Today I cant believe that sheer volume that comes through here and the support that I get from the members. I have long since moved from PSINet and my time has is being consumed at work but its good to come home to a browser and check on the clan........

I never thought that we would get 10 people online at the same time and now we see over a hundred consistantly and its not even riding season. I never thought that we would have over 100 unique users but now we have 600 consistanly every day, that doesnt count all the folks lurking as guest. I am now shooting for 700 online within 24 hours and 200 in the past 15 minutes...........

You guys keep coming and I will keep making it better.

CAp

cool.gif
Great news Captain. I'm glad I found this site and because if it I have also made some great friends. Thanks Capt.
cool.gif

cool.gif

Unreal. It's become a little virtual universe.   :wizard:
no...its just a very cool place.

Good people. Awesome help and advice. You name it.
Thats it right there. How do you say how great a site is with out sounding like your kissing azz? I have made many new friends here and have also meet some of the strangest people
alien.gif
but we are welcome to share our info and ideas and the best part about that is that we all have different ones and we are free to express them with out fear of flaming or bashing. Man now that I think about it this place is just one of those hippie pink-o commie places that's all about bra burning and free love!! Man Im out of here!!!

I, for one, am very thankful I found this site~ I 'lurked and learned' for sometime while researching the Hayabusa~ Once I made the decision that I was gonna get one I joined in~ The learning continued.. and still does.. and now I just do my best to return what I've been taught and what I've experienced to those lurking and learning now-a-days~
wink.gif

Thanks Cap'n.. and all of you that make this, hands down, the best bike site on the net!
cool.gif

I'M not a long time member by any rate, however, I have learned a great deal and made  a few new friends as a result of this site.  Keep up the great work Cap and thanks to all who post here!
biggrin.gif

That is amazing captain...only regret I have is that I didn't find it sooner!

Best site on the web...many would be lost without it
cool.gif

I've said this over and over but the technology isnt that amazing, to keep the server running isnt that big of a deal. What is amazing is that folks keep coming to the site to participate. Just about the time that I think there are no more we get 10 new members or there are 100 people online... Its the moderators, the folks monitoring the help queue and the self policing members that keep this place running......

Back