The Race Card

when I was a kid, and my grandmother told me 'color'... it was a 64-bit crayon box.

y'all are brothers, sisters, family... to me.
I'll drink to that!
beerchug.gif

oh, wait a minute.....I'll drink to almost anything......oh well.

How about we end this thread on that note. Huh?

Looks like a perfect stopping point to me!

If your tired of hearing the race card just stop pulling blacks over Sirissac. This way I think your problem will be Resolved Ha ha ha.
I'M LAUGHING MY AZZ OFF!
laugh.gif

I'm not laughing at you Sirrisac...the dude's little funny was just...funny...after all the bickering and debating...
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Why does everything always have to come down to race, usually the white man keeping the black man down.  I am sick and tired hearing black people saying that everything in there life, all the bad that is, happens because they are black.
I am a cop in the metro area of Minnesota.  I can tell you that out of all the contacts I have had with blacks, have of them pull the race card.  Your just arresting me because I am black, of course it wouldn't have anything to do with the baggy of crack cocaine in there pocket, that would make to much sense.  You wouldn't treat me this way if I were white.  I can tell you one thing for sure, to avoid any racial discrimination allegations, I go out of my way to make sure they don't see me as prejudice, because I am not.  I have to deal with blacks with kid gloves so to speak or I am just doing whatever it is I am doing because they are black.  When dealing with whites, I can just do my damn job and have no worry about them coming back at me.  I have less patience with white and I don't have to take any of there ####
    I could by the race card excuse years ago, before I was born, but not anymore.  I am tired of being the cause of all the problems the blacks are having in there life.
    The next thing your going to hear is that the hurricane was cooked up by the white blue eyed devil in some lab in New Mexico and unleashed on a heavily populated black area.  This wouldn't suprise me a bit.
    The blacks need to take a good hard look in the mirror, because that is where the problem lies.  There life is a mess because they made it a mess.
    Anyhow, I just had to vent, because I am sick of it.
Well Sarissac, I'm gonna do my best to explain the situation due to history and education.  First of all, let me start out by saying that I'm an African-American, have a master's degree, good paying job, and a family.  I attribute most of my good fortune to GOD... because without HIM I am nothing.  Secondly, I attribute the rest of my good fortune and blessings to hard work and a strong family upbringing.  I am one of 5 children.  All my brothers and sisters are my biological siblings.  My mother and father were always together until my mother died 19 years ago of lung cancer.  
I can attest to the fact that SOME blacks use race card entirely too much and without merit.  While at the same time, there is still a large number of us who deal with racism in ways that no white (caucasian) could understand.  Being from the deep south, I can definitely testify to being mistreated for no godly reason.  I've witnessed things that you would probably never believe.  There are too many stories to try to put in this forum, but I respect what BentValve said about race relations.  Racism is something that is handed down.  Children are taught to be racists because those people that are tend to generalize black people.  In other words, if one black person does some fugged up shiiite, then that automatically means that all black people are fugged up.   We, as African Americans have not always granted the same rights as whites.  It's only through the tenacity of black leaders, performers, activists, politicians, etc. that I enjoy some of the freedoms that I have now.  But all that didn't come at a price, because somewhere in history it was OK to murder, rape, and torture black people.  Funny thing is that most people don't educate themselves on how these changes truly came about.  There were a lot of white's that played instrumental roles in making America a truly free society.  Take for instance the two white guys who were killed in the 1960's in Mississippi who were helping blacks register to vote.  History is simply an endless cycle, and racists can be categorized just the same way as terrorists are because it's a learned hate.
Now those blacks who use the race card use it for one simple reason.  For a lot of black folks, the conditions of the 50's and 60's are still basically the same for them.  The opportunities are not always easily accessible to those blacks who truly want to make a difference in their own lives.  And it's not going to get any better.  Now because of globalization, we all are being pinched by the job crunch whereas jobs are moving overseas.  So if white folks can't get a decent job... then for damn sure black folks won't get one.  I mean if some white people would educate themselves and truly understand some of the crimes being perpetuated against my people, then maybe some understanding would come out of this.  Case in point:  About 3 years ago, a black man was killed while driving an SUV full of black men who were headed to a football game.  The cop pulled the guys over for nothing other than 4 black men driving in an expensive SUV.  No weapons, alcohol, or drugs were found.  As the investigation insued, it was found that the guy was an Accountant for some large firm and was recently married and had one child.  That's the reason why most black people are so religious because they (we) feel that there is no hope and conditions will never change.  All we rely on is our undying faith in GOD that will see us through.
Just remember that a lot of the violence that was perpetuated a long time ago is still going on today.  I personally don't feel the need to blame the so-called "MAN" on my misfortunes... I just have faith and a desire to persevere no matter what.

<!--EDIT|bacharles
Reason for Edit: None given...|1126496572 -->

[/i]Brian, so glad to see you back. I was worried about you.[/i]

Sir (post stater), I understand what you are saying and why you are saying it. But you should consider the fact that you are judging millions of people by your experiences with the criminals you encounter on a daily bases, plus the events and comments that are exploited by the media. It occurs to me that if I were a criminal and got busted, I would use every tool or comment I could to ease my situation or to express my anger at getting caught. What would you expect OJ to say, "yes I killed my wife, but let me go anyway!" Using it obviously works if it has caused you to alter your behavior when dealing with black suspects.

But with that said, I will confirm that you are terribly misguided. Most black people have had experiences and encounters that can only be explained by the fact that they are black, but that doesn't mean that they use the race card to explain all of their misfortune. That is a gross exaggeration and stereotype. I don't care what you see on CNN. THEY DON'T TEND TO ALLOCATE PRECIOUS BROADCAST TIME FOR COMMENTS THAT ARE BORING. THEY LOVE IT WHEN THEY FIND SOMEONE WHO SAYS SOMETHING INFLAMATORY LIKE USING THE RACE CARD.

<marquee>DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE MY FRIEND!</marquee>

Stop listenning to criminal suspects and find yourself some average black people and talk to them. You will stil find a mix of opinions, but you may be surprised by what you learn.  Most intelligent black people can give you many examples of being mistreated because they are black. For example, imagine walking into your local Target (dressed in business caual attire) and being followed around the store. Imagine driving down the street (in an average car) and being pulled over with no evident probable cause. Imagine going to an all white club (dress appropriately) and asked to produce 3 forms of ID, with a license and Passport not being enough. Meanwhile dozens of others walk up showing one ID and the explanation is that they are "regulars" Well if they are "regulars" why do they have to show any ID? Imagine sitting on your Busa at a Jack and the Box in an all white neighborhood and having a patrol car pull behind you to get lunch. But while sitting there his "instincts" tell him to run your plates (which are approprately displayed with current registration).  Imagine scoring very high on standardized tests and going to one of the top universities in the country, only to have professors give you hard time because they think you were given special treatment. My last example is a more vivid one.....imagine you are a white man walking thru and all black neighborhood and being jumped and beat up (for no apparent reason) by a group of 5 black men. When you talk about the incident, what would be the first logical statement out of your mouth? "Five black guys jumped me for no reason other than I am white!"

While the reality is that these things do happen more than they should, It is not true that most black people try to use this to explain everything. Some do use it too much. Some streotype white people as much as white people stereotype them. Some this, some that. If you can't understand what I am saying, law enforcement may not be the ideal career for you.

<!--EDIT|Thinker62
Reason for Edit: None given...|1126515135 -->

Well, like it or not, eventualy we will all be brown, with a hint of Asian features. This is due to the genetic structure of humans.

Get used to it and get over it. Who will every one blame when we all look alike.

Later,

Steve

[/i]Brian, so glad to see you back. I was worried about you.[/i]

Sir (post stater), I understand what you are saying and why you are saying it. But you should consider the fact that you are judging millions of people by your experiences with the criminals you encounter on a daily bases, plus the events and comments that are exploited by the media. It occurs to me that if I were a criminal and got busted, I would use every tool or comment I could to ease my situation or to express my anger at getting caught. What would you expect OJ to say, "yes I killed my wife, but let me go anyway!" Using it obviously works if it has caused you to alter your behavior when dealing with black suspects.  

But with that said, I will confirm that you are terribly misguided. Most black people have had experiences and encounters that can only be explained by the fact that they are black, but that doesn't mean that they use the race card to explain all of their misfortune. That is a gross exaggeration and stereotype. I don't care what you see on CNN. THEY DON'T TEND TO ALLOCATE PRECIOUS BROADCAST TIME FOR COMMENTS THAT ARE BORING. THEY LOVE IT WHEN THEY FIND SOMEONE WHO SAYS SOMETHING INFLAMATORY LIKE USING THE RACE CARD.

<marquee>DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE MY FRIEND!</marquee>

Stop listenning to criminal suspects and find yourself some average black people and talk to them. You will stil find a mix of opinions, but you may be surprised by what you learn.  Most intelligent black people can give you many examples of being mistreated because they are black. For example, imagine walking into your local Target (dressed in business caual attire) and being followed around the store. Imagine driving down the street (in an average car) and being pulled over with no evident probable cause. Imagine going to an all white club (dress appropriately) and asked to produce 3 forms of ID, with a license and Passport not being enough. Meanwhile dozens of others walk up showing one ID and the explanation is that they are "regulars" Well if they are "regulars" why do they have to show any ID? Imagine sitting on your Busa at a Jack and the Box in an all white neighborhood and having a patrol car pull behind you to get lunch. But while sitting there his "instincts" tell him to run your plates (which are approprately displayed with current registration).  Imagine scoring very high on standardized tests and going to one of the top universities in the country, only to have professors give you hard time because they think you were given special treatment. My last example is a more vivid one.....imagine you are a white man walking thru and all black neighborhood and being jumped and beat up (for no apparent reason) by a group of 5 black men. When you talk about the incident, what would be the first logical statement out of your mouth? "Five black guys jumped me for no reason other than I am white!"

While the reality is that these things do happen more than they should, It is not true that most black people try to use this to explain everything. Some do use it too much. Some streotype white people as much as white people stereotype them. Some this, some that. If you can't understand what I am saying, law enforcement may not be the ideal career for you.
Let me add one more incident:

You're (actually it was me...) in line at K-Mart buying some items. You're in the check-out line and there are 3 couples ahead of you. The first two are white, and the third is of Indian descent. Everyone in line is writing a personal check for their purchases. Mind you, the cashier is white. The first two couples, who were white, wrote their checks and DID NOT have to present any form of identification. When the husband and wife couple of Indian descent wrote their check, the cashier promptly asks for some form of ID. Well, needless to say, I took my business elsewhere because that type of blatant racism (or whatever you want to call it...) was totally unnecessary.

Why cant people just get along, And be quiet!!!!!!!!!!!
egitarre77.gif

Why cant people just get along, And be quiet!!!!!!!!!!!
egitarre77.gif
Agreed! Fortunately, the people on this board do get along pretty well. In this case a guy felt strongly enough to write what was surely going to be a controversial post. His post did not sound like a bigot, so it did not piss me off. but he was clearly confused about the realities of what black people do encounter from time to time, and he was also mistaken when he thinks that the vast majority of black peole use the race card as a scape goat for every thing. Admittedly, a lot do, but many also bend over backwards not to pull the race card. We are just trying to educate those who may not have heard real examples that are hard to explain any other way.

Back