The Race Card

Sirissac

Registered
Why does everything always have to come down to race, usually the white man keeping the black man down. I am sick and tired hearing black people saying that everything in there life, all the bad that is, happens because they are black.
I am a cop in the metro area of Minnesota. I can tell you that out of all the contacts I have had with blacks, have of them pull the race card. Your just arresting me because I am black, of course it wouldn't have anything to do with the baggy of crack cocaine in there pocket, that would make to much sense. You wouldn't treat me this way if I were white. I can tell you one thing for sure, to avoid any racial discrimination allegations, I go out of my way to make sure they don't see me as prejudice, because I am not. I have to deal with blacks with kid gloves so to speak or I am just doing whatever it is I am doing because they are black. When dealing with whites, I can just do my damn job and have no worry about them coming back at me. I have less patience with white and I don't have to take any of there ####
I could by the race card excuse years ago, before I was born, but not anymore. I am tired of being the cause of all the problems the blacks are having in there life.
The next thing your going to hear is that the hurricane was cooked up by the white blue eyed devil in some lab in New Mexico and unleashed on a heavily populated black area. This wouldn't suprise me a bit.
The blacks need to take a good hard look in the mirror, because that is where the problem lies. There life is a mess because they made it a mess.
Anyhow, I just had to vent, because I am sick of it.

Why does everything always have to come down to race, usually the white man keeping the black man down.  I am sick and tired hearing black people saying that everything in there life, all the bad that is, happens because they are black.
I am a cop in the metro area of Minnesota.  I can tell you that out of all the contacts I have had with blacks, have of them pull the race card.  Your just arresting me because I am black, of course it wouldn't have anything to do with the baggy of crack cocaine in there pocket, that would make to much sense.  You wouldn't treat me this way if I were white.  I can tell you one thing for sure, to avoid any racial discrimination allegations, I go out of my way to make sure they don't see me as prejudice, because I am not.  I have to deal with blacks with kid gloves so to speak or I am just doing whatever it is I am doing because they are black.  When dealing with whites, I can just do my damn job and have no worry about them coming back at me.  I have less patience with white and I don't have to take any of there ####
   I could by the race card excuse years ago, before I was born, but not anymore.  I am tired of being the cause of all the problems the blacks are having in there life.
   The next thing your going to hear is that the hurricane was cooked up by the white blue eyed devil in some lab in New Mexico and unleashed on a heavily populated black area.  This wouldn't suprise me a bit.
   The blacks need to take a good hard look in the mirror, because that is where the problem lies.  There life is a mess because they made it a mess.
   Anyhow, I just had to vent, because I am sick of it. [/QUOTE]

Well I guess I learned something about a St. Paul MN law enforcement officer today.
rock.gif

Put on your flame suit buddy, this is not an all white board... not even close.

hot.gif
firedevil.gif
AAAssjani.gif
devil.gif

<!--EDIT|BentValve
Reason for Edit: None given...|1125846318 -->

Jeez....that's not the fault of all black people. Sure...the ones that do play the race card are just being stupid, but you can't go screaming this in a "general bike related topics" forum....someone's gonna get pissed off...

Very touchy subject, but I'm feelin ya, man~
I've never thought myself a racist either~ From the 2nd grade on into high school, my best friend, nieghbor, and brother was a black man~ His family took me in like one of their own, and mine the same~ I remember one Xmas his Mom even got us the same set of clothes.. it was too funny! My older sister and his were also the best of friends~ Being I was in your basic divorced family of the 70s, I stayed with my Pop during the summer months~ My Pop was your basic 1% HD man~ Everything was Harley when I spent my time with him~ I've known some of the dirtiest, ugliest, meanest, badest bikers in my days growing up~ From Hells Angels and Gypsy Jokers, to the Outlaws and Renagades here in the Florida region~ I always thought they were the most predjusice MFers in the country... then I joined the Army~ After being stationed in Ft. Stewart, GA (in the mid 80's) where the Unit I was in was 90% black men (and women) I learned that a good majority of black people are way more prejudice then any one of those bad biker dudes I knew growing up! I just don't get it.. and I really don't think it will ever change~ I sometimes wonder...  if Dr. M.L. King was alive today, would he realize it's mostly his people that keep his dream from coming true to it's fullest potential~
rock.gif

I still don't consider myself a racist, but sometimes I hear and see things from the black population that make me see why those that are... are~ And to be honest.. it not only angers me, it truly saddens me...
sad.gif
Enough is enough.. we are all human no matter what color our skin is! We all have to abide by the same laws and we all are equally punished.. well unless we're rich enough to buy our way out anyhow, but that's a whole nuther story in the story book...  
wink.gif

Let's remember that some may play the race card.  MN. can be very prejudice state and St. Paul can be a very prejudice city in areas.  Lots and lots of good people and police, but for a northern city it has <span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>some</span> very redneck people.  I grew up in WI., and I have many relatives in MN. So I can say this, some of the prejudice people are my family.  I was almost arrested in the Minn. airport for swearing to myself.  I was told it was a family airport.  I swore to myself because the ticket agent gave me the wrong ticket, I say this because we can all have bad days.

From what I have seen in other cities the race card is tossed out for good reason sometimes and sometimes not at all.  Lets face it people will use what ever they have to get out of trouble.  Please remember that some people will be this way no matter where you go. SOME BLACKS SOME WHITES SOME LATINS SOME ESKIMOS SOME SWEDES SOME DANES SOME MINN.'s SOME CT RESIDENTS, ETC.  I have good friends of all colors and uniforms I have friends that are cops some on this board, I know how the frustration can sink in. and for the record I am a W.A.S.P.

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1125848562 -->

I think this is not a "RACE" issue. This is an "EDUCATION" issue. The black professors at university were my favorite because they were more tolerant and less arrogant. More "human" if you ask me. I had a blast with my major prof because he would roast us with work during the week and invite us over to his pad for barbeque and football on the big screen. His wife was also an angel with her cooking skills
smile.gif
Funny thing is - she also has a PhD in engineering
smile.gif

You will get the same response from an uneducated black, white, hispanic, brown, yellow, pink (european
smile.gif
) or whatever race you want.

I should also add "economic conditions" but I felt that it was tied very closely with "education".

I am an Indian...from India...and Brown skinned. Oddly enough - the white people were more "engaging" than the black groups who really refused to open up and welcome me into the fold. This is a "GLARING" difference. It is almost as if it is "uncool" for them to be seen hanging out with a "brown" dude...

I am as american as any of you...dont judge me by what you see in "Indiana Jones: Temple of Doom".

(you have no idea how many people ask me about "Karma" and the "Indiana Jones" movie...."IS IT TRUEEE?!?!?
wow.gif
" )

LOL

smile.gif

smile.gif

I say its all bullshit, the way to peace is stop bringing it up....white people who talk about race cards are only adding to the problem...just keep your mouth shut and try to get along...do your part, dont expect the other person to do his part.

All I can say is I'm staying out of St. Paul. Dude...you got some serious issues. You can't spell, your grammar is horrible, your a racist, you posted this in general bike topics, and your just on the wrong board period.

Guys.....don't judge us Minnesotans by this guy please.

Sirissac,
I think you need to take a good look at what you just said and apologize to many members of this board. The fact that you could use such a broad generalization of "Black People" playing the race card to me seems to be a racist statement itself. I was also in law enforcement and have heard some of the same statements and I'm black. I'm not denying that it comes up and is not always the case but not by every Black person.

Oh and the governmental response to Hurricane Katrina was sad. Those people have been living in horrible conditions for 6 days. It took 5 days to get the military help needed to secure and evacuate people and they are still plucking people off of roof tops. Have you heard the lame excuse that the director of FEMA had? Even President Bush was pissed that more had not been done.

<!--EDIT|SoBad
Reason for Edit: None given...|1125850294 -->

I think everyone has a good point of view
tounge.gif
Course I live in the South I guess this country will always have racial issues regardless, Since the beginning of time the separation of tongues has divided in many countries that are today, so many different cultures, and personally I think we the "American" people have allowed way to much culture shock come into this country. Anything goes! The moral values have moved so far from the beginning of this country know one no's what is truth anymore. Im speaking cause in the near future I will be a minority!

I say its all bullshit, the way to peace is stop bringing it up....white people who talk about race cards are only adding to the problem...just keep your mouth shut and try to get along...do your part, dont expect the other person to do his part.
I don't really have a problem with what he said, and I'm not racist. I'm not a cop or whatnot.. You don't have to be to see how some minorities abuse racism. Heck, just turn on CNN, or FOX news anytime you want.

I don't see how some of you are considering him a racist.. He's just talking about some crap he has to put up with his job. I got no problem with that.

I know bent valve suggested just ignoring it and keeping your mouth shut.. etc.

I don't get that at all..

It's like saying... "Yeah, what your doing is wrong, but your just a poor minority.. so I'll let it slide."

There is no way to solve a problem with out talking about it... Ignore it and it will only become more common place.

I am not religious or anything but this comes to mind:
"If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also."

This is what I mean. I can't bring up the race issue and the main reason, I am white. Black people bring it up all the time, no problems there. I think that is bullshit. How is it that it is okay for a certain race to have certain groups, organizations, grants, etc.. Blacks have Jet magazine, United ***** College fund, scholarships for blacks, the list goes on and on. No one thinks that is prejudice, but oh boy, if you were to have a magazine exclusively for whites, White boy College fund, scholarships for whites, etc... you would be a racist and labeled a member of the klan for crying out loud.
I am not prejudice, on the basis of color. To me color has nothing to do with what I think of a man. It is in his actions.
I have many friends that are black, native american, and or hispanic. They are damn good people.
I apologize if I seemed to generalize and group all blacks together, that was not intended. I was specifically talking about those who are always so quick to use the race card. I in no way meant that all blacks use the race card and I apologize if it was taken that way.
This is a touchy subject and I knew that before posting this. A few of you have made coment to staying out of St Paul or that you see how I am. If your one of people who use the race card, then your one of the people I am talking about, then you can go pound sand for all I care.
I hope all of you who read this post don't take it the wrong way, like some have already. I am a hard working, god fearing, redblooded American, who is just trying to raise my family in a messed up world. I can't see the race issue getting any better and I hate to see what it looks like twenty years from now. When are we as americans going to drop this color issue?

If the subject (racism) didn't bother anybody than we would never talk about .Just like a 6 year old kid if the child knows what gets under your skin then thats his weapon.Like I said if you ignore it than it's no longer a weapon.

thinking I will start an organization hummm call it "Southern White Honkies Assoc." keep the rednecks alive....roflmao..
laugh.gif
now that was just a joke...dont know one get tissy here....lol

How is it that it is okay for a certain race to have certain groups, organizations, grants, etc.. Blacks have Jet magazine, United ***** College fund, scholarships for blacks, the list goes on and on. No one thinks that is prejudice, but oh boy, if you were to have a magazine exclusively for whites, White boy College fund, scholarships for whites, etc... you would be a racist and labeled a member of the klan for crying out loud.
Jet Magazine, United ***** College Fund, Ebony and others were created when the black population had no voice. Remember not so long ago we were not allowed to eat in certain resteraunts or allowed to vote and by law were seen as property. Hell we even had seperate water fountains. I remember growing up as a little boy and having to sit in the balcony of a movie theater and I'm 36. These things filled a desperate need and still do to some extent.

Back