The Phil X thread - Bon Jovi tour ect

mountainmotor

Donating Member
Registered
Topic about a great guitarist for those that enjoys such.

Has anyone here seen and heard of the contagious Phil X ? He's a 45yr old session musician in the LA area and is a cool, personable, down to earth kinda guy.

I learned of him several years back and was happy to see Bon Jovi picked him up to fill in for Sambora for the final 13 shows of the 2011 North American tour. He's fresh air for the guitar world and everyone likes music, right?

He tweeted a few things about the tour and the hard working band. I think it was hard for him to be musicaly leashed at times but being a pro, he did what was needed . Being Canadian, that opener in Ottawa was probably a thrill for him.

Here's Phil on fire and below the 1st of a 3 part interview from December,2010before the Bon Jovi dates this spring.

- ‪Phil X in St. Louis‬‏[/url]

- ‪Phil X interview. Part 01‬‏[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
hum never heard of him will have to check it out when i get home

yeah he is a local missasauga guy, killer player. He used to do jam nights around t.o.,,, cool guy if you ever get to meet him. he still comes home 3 or 4 times a year to play with his old band mates here. here are a couple vids of him at a local dive here in Kitchener
- ‪Phil X Jams - Highway Star‬‏[/url]
- ‪Phil X Jams - Led Zeppelin and AC/DC‬‏[/url]
and here is from back in the day...
- ‪phil x "flippin' out" 1989‬‏[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back