The Painted Dragon

Flicka

Professional Booga Flicka
Registered
US 129 was getting new lines when we where there Saturday. Probably not the best timing for road work, but I had to laugh at these shots. They made it clear that the work was going on, but what can I say? People are stupid.

903179_10151634192028140_1397909473_o.jpg

894860_10151634192173140_317428097_o.jpg

891936_10151634192168140_306120924_o.jpg

11580_10151634190048140_716060065_n.jpg

The large SUV i can maybe understand cause half the people I see driving them have no business being in such a large vehicle but whats that guy on the motorcyles excuse? And how exactly is his foot helping him turn???

he's seen Rossi do it. he just has his timing off a little bit. it needs to be done during braking not turning.:laugh:

man that could be bad results for the rider. how could they not notice the paint is wet or appears that way? i steer clear of any painted lines wet/dry.

The large SUV i can maybe understand cause half the people I see driving them have no business being in such a large vehicle but whats that guy on the motorcyles excuse? And how exactly is his foot helping him turn???

I think he just wanted paint on his shoe...

"Hey honey, did you bring back any souvenirs from the Dragon?"

"Yep, a yellow-speckled bike..." :banghead:

Looks to me like guy on bike got slippery on wet paint and instinctively put foot down dirt bike style to try to save it?
Should not touch the lines anyway as even a bit of moisture on it at angle can ruin your day.

i have come to the firm conclusion that most people should only be allowed to travel in mass transit while strapped into a baby carrier!

:laugh:He s just helping out all of us amatures, that way we can see the lines we should take......I hear he will be out there next week putting up braking signs.:rofl:

Grew up on dirt bikes. My buddy Greg MacFast did this at my first Bash and explained that he had grown up on dirt bikes and they use to put a foot down in corners and when he would go in too hot he might throw his foot down out of habit.

man that could be bad results for the rider. how could they not notice the paint is wet or appears that way? i steer clear of any painted lines wet/dry.

I know the wet paint is slippery and cause a spill, but his wheels got no business touching the line if it was a dry:poke:

If his wheels on the line that means his head on torso are on the oncoming side of traffic good way to get your head ripped off. :banghead:

Grew up on dirt bikes. My buddy Greg MacFast did this at my first Bash and explained that he had grown up on dirt bikes and they use to put a foot down in corners and when he would go in too hot he might throw his foot down out of habit.

Forward by the front wheel as a dirt version of dragging your knee in a corner. But you stick your foot straight down, catch it on something, and have it pulled back far enough for the rear wheel to get it.. It will quickly become apparent why it's not a good idea even on a dirt bike.
Speedway or flat track racing is about the only place where sticking your (left) foot straight down is a common practice.

Back