** The oRg Rules **

I think the warnings were fired off on a couple different threads.. In fact the origin of the offending thread was a stab at a thread where warnings were given... (Mother in law safe thing?) Some found sport at pushing the rules a bit and got nailed...

Just slams me that people are playing dumb about it... Just a bit like Andy complaining about the emoticon.. gimme a break..

I think the warnings were fired off on a couple different threads.. In fact the origin of the offending thread was a stab at a thread where warnings were given... (Mother in law safe thing?) Some found sport at pushing the rules a bit and got nailed...

Just slams me that people are playing dumb about it... Just a bit like Andy complaining about the emoticon.. gimme a break..

In The Words of Johnny Carson "I did Not Know That" :laugh:

We (admins and mods) worked hard to come up with some rules for the oRg that seemed to encompass what we (the oRg) are all about. There was discussion about restricting things even further, but then the oRg would become a sterile environment and no one would want to post anything for fear of violating the rules.

Instead, we feel that we have come up with something that leaves things a little more open...allowing one to speak freely without harassing, attacking, etc. Yes, some things are open to interpretation, but that's why we (admins/mods) discuss things without unilaterally taking action. We want the SPIRIT of the conversation to come out - as long as it does not violate the rules.

That said, I think the emoticon used above was fine for the SPIRIT intended.

Its funny that I needed to accept the rules for what may be my last post.... the environment as far as I'm concerned is sterile... and that was what the goal seemed to be...or rather choke on a gnat and swallow a camel... interpretation is individual and that is how I interpret it.
Emoticons aren't personal.. as in they aren't "spoken" by an individual and that means someone chooses to "interpret" what a person says and not what is truly posted here...that to me smacks of a form of censorship, and that its open to interpretation is what makes it the issue for me. I can't help but think somewhere along the route we seem to have gone straight to jail and didn't get to pass go on the way. I can't help but be reminded of a phrase that always struck me as unbalanced..."when you live in my house you abide by my rules" I can see the merit in that policy when its in the interest of growing youth... but last I checked we were mature.. or most of us are :laugh: even if we disagree or don't see eye to eye.
Anyway... when the rules become sweeping and all encompassing but still "interpretative" that is when balance is lost. Again, its all my humble opinion spoken from the point of view of someone who places a super high price on the balance I love so much. Who knows I may decide that I love you guys so much I swallow that camel sized set of rules too....

Its funny that I needed to accept the rules for what may be my last post.... the environment as far as I'm concerned is sterile... and that was what the goal seemed to be...or rather choke on a gnat and swallow a camel... interpretation is individual and that is how I interpret it.
Emoticons aren't personal.. as in they aren't "spoken" by an individual and that means someone chooses to "interpret" what a person says and not what is truly posted here...that to me smacks of a form of censorship, and that its open to interpretation is what makes it the issue for me. I can't help but think somewhere along the route we seem to have gone straight to jail and didn't get to pass go on the way. I can't help but be reminded of a phrase that always struck me as unbalanced..."when you live in my house you abide by my rules" I can see the merit in that policy when its in the interest of growing youth... but last I checked we were mature.. or most of us are :laugh: even if we disagree or don't see eye to eye.
Anyway... when the rules become sweeping and all encompassing but still "interpretative" that is when balance is lost. Again, its all my humble opinion spoken from the point of view of someone who places a super high price on the balance I love so much. Who knows I may decide that I love you guys so much I swallow that camel sized set of rules too....

Very WELL SAID !!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

I think that everyone forgets that not only is this a forum of mature adults, it is a business. I think you will notice that none of the sponsors are in here whining because they think something is unfair. Valkyrye, you mention the statement made by Cap about being his house, well it is. It is also a business that he has nurtured from 0 to 26000 members in a period of over 10 years. I think if you have monetary investment not to mention the time it has taken to accomplish this, you would see things differently. Many of us have children looking over our shoulders while we visit sites like this. Another thing you must keep in mind. If the abuse hadn't taken place to get to this point, I doubt that the management would be so quick to punish people. If getting banned ruins your life...you need to get a life. People place too much stake in belonging to internet forums/facebook/myspace. It wasn't too long ago when you had to pick up a phone and talk to someone. It may be a good idea to start doing that again. Take a break and come back.

as long as I have been here (and dont let my post count fool you), the users have been "very good" at self regulation and keeping things civil and family friendly.. yes there were occasional break downs but they were short lived and people got back in line..

Now what has happened that I can tell is what happens in a lot of society.. a few people push the known limits of tolerance and when it snaps back, they complain that there "was no rule about it"..

Hence comes the "we got to spell out every letter of the rule" and it loads the board down with "over regulation" because some are not very good at holding themselves "accountable" to the very simple rules that were expected to be followed...

The owner of the board came on here a few months back and requested (or should I say demanded) that the board be "mother in law safe" (pretty simple to follow one real rule..huh?)

instead a few people get on, and see what buttons they can push...

Personally I would have left them banned for 30 days or more until the dust settled..

They Mods had mercy and let them back on in a few days and now they have a bunch of complaints about how "unfair" everything is when they should be happy to just be back on the board...

The board is sterile? tell it to the people that forced the actions.. it is not the moderators fault, it is a small group of people that took this place as their own and then got upset when they got in trouble.. They want rules? they got rules...

welcome to Romper Room....

In fact the origin of the offending thread was a stab at a thread where warnings were given... (Mother in law safe thing?) Some found sport at pushing the rules a bit and got nailed...

I must have missed something. This is the first I have heard of that thread being a "stab" at where warnings were given... I would never involve myself in such a thing.

Hence comes the "we got to spell out every letter of the rule" and it loads the board down with "over regulation" because some are not very good at holding themselves "accountable" to the very simple rules that were expected to be followed...

The owner of the board came on here a few months back and requested (or should I say demanded) that the board be "mother in law safe" (pretty simple to follow one real rule..huh?)

Personally I would have left them banned for 30 days or more until the dust settled..

They Mods had mercy and let them back on in a few days and now they have a bunch of complaints about how "unfair" everything is when they should be happy to just be back on the board...

The board is sterile? tell it to the people that forced the actions.. it is not the moderators fault, it is a small group of people that took this place as their own and then got upset when they got in trouble.. They want rules? they got rules...

I I have NOT ONCE complained about how anything was, "unfair." It's Cap's site and what he says goes. I understand that! I don't know how many times I have to say this but all I was looking for was CLARIFICATION!! I agree with the rules and have no problem following them as long as they are clear. It just seems like what is ok for one person is not ok for another. I break a rule and its, "seeing what buttons I can push." You break the SAME rule and it's ok?? ???

Someone posted a thread last week, "tired of the cussing" or something like that. I asked in that thread 3 different times how someone can possibly curse if all bad words on here were "****" out. No one answered me. I have seen several people on here use curse words by replacing "O" with "0" and "S" with "$" and so on. How in the WORLD were some of us supposed to know that by using the first letter of a curse word followed by a bunch of "*" was "Breaking the rules?" I am in NO WAY trying to justify what I did. I already made my apologies. But I have seen you along with SEVERAL other people on here posting curse words by replacing letters. So again, I am not here complaining I am ASKING for clarification. I am not here crying that I am offended by you using the letter "f" followed by "uggin." I am simply asking for CLARIFICATION on how that along with similar words on this board are ok but me posting the letter "f" followed by 6 asterisks gets me banned? I want to understand the rules to ensure that I am not banned again in the future. Why is that so hard for you to understand? I don't want to argue. I don't want a debate I just want SOMEONE to explain to me why?

Last edited:
as long as I have been here (and dont let my post count fool you), the users have been "very good" at self regulation and keeping things civil and family friendly.. yes there were occasional break downs but they were short lived and people got back in line..

Now what has happened that I can tell is what happens in a lot of society.. a few people push the known limits of tolerance and when it snaps back, they complain that there "was no rule about it"..

Gotta agree with you Randy. I hardly see this board as "sterile". More like pleasant and refreshing to visit. Aside from a few ripples for the most part it's probably the best place to come if you need help, advice, guidance, etc for our common ground - motorcycles. What's so sterile about not being a potty mouth? ??? I really don't see that there are that many changes being made, just people being asked to watch their mouth and the words that come out of it. There's an old saying, something to the effect of curse words being used are a sign of laziness or lack of creativity. There's a whole lot of words in the English language to describe things besides using curse words. :thumbsup: I'm guilty of using them from time to time (usually after self-injuring myself) but avoid using them in everyday convo. Seems all the admin is asking is for everyone to use discretion. I know 99% of us have to use it at work these days or face sexual or racial discrimination or disciplinary action from HR and possibly loss of employment - just think of this in the same light and you won't have to worry about being banned. :thumbsup:

I must have missed something. This is the first I have heard of that thread being a "stab" at where warnings were given... I would never involve myself in such a thing.

I I have NOT ONCE complained about how anything was, "unfair." It's Cap's site and what he says goes. I understand that! I don't know how many times I have to say this but all I was looking for was CLARIFICATION!! I agree with the rules and have no problem following them as long as they are clear. It just seems like what is ok for one person is not ok for another. I break a rule and its, "seeing what buttons I can push." You break the SAME rule and it's ok?? ???

Someone posted a thread last week, "tired of the cussing" or something like that. I asked in that thread 3 different times how someone can possibly curse if all bad words on here were "****" out. No one answered me. I have seen several people on here use curse words by replacing "O" with "0" and "S" with "$" and so on. How in the WORLD were some of us supposed to know that by using the first letter of a curse word followed by a bunch of "*" was "Breaking the rules?" I am in NO WAY trying to justify what I did. I already made my apologies. But I have seen you along with SEVERAL other people on here posting curse words by replacing letters. So again, I am not here complaining I am ASKING for clarification. I am not here crying that I am offended by you using the letter "f" followed by "uggin." I am simply asking for CLARIFICATION on how that along with similar words on this board are ok but me posting the letter "f" followed by 6 asterisks gets me banned? I want to understand the rules to ensure that I am not banned again in the future. Why is that so hard for you to understand? I don't want to argue. I don't want a debate I just want SOMEONE to explain to me why?

Shannon, I can't speak as to what curse words Randy has used, but my best guess in your case is the f word is way across the line of what's tolerated. Just my 2 cents, it's one of the most vulgar words used these days. I wouldn't and don't use the word in front of any members of my family, but I guess everyone is raised different and in some cases people think nothing of slinging out curse words. I had my mouth washed out with soap for saying the C word (caca being the clean version) when I was about 10, so that tells you how strict I was brought up. I didn't dare sling around anything even close to what people use these days. :laugh: p.s. Soap tastes like doodie....or something really bad, maybe cardboard with 3 day old warm milk?

I didn't see the thread but have seen plenty of explanations describing the thread and the post. I don't think Shannon posted anything that most of the members here haven't from time to time. I think the whole thing just needs to be dropped. I've been off since Wednesday I think; and thought I was banned when I logged on, then I figured out I needed to agree to the forum rules again. I can only assume everyone posting had to do the same. So basically abide by the rules as you understand them or be banned.

Nuff said

The rules are now set and available for everyone. I think they're very clear. I don't see the point in running through everything that's already happened. What we're doing is from this moment on and it began yesterday when I started this thread.

:thumbsup:

everybody's on edge:please:

disarming.jpg

Last edited:
Wow???? I guess I'm one of the offenders. I've posted some words with the letters replaced by #$%^ etc......I thought most Busa owners are 18yrs or older? Please don't ban me because #$%^ is not a bad word. Thank you and have a nice day. ???

I don't feel like I have been gone that long, but people must really be acting like elementary school students. There are more rules here than my daughter has in 4th grade.???

Whew.... now that's all out of everyone's system lets get back to our regularly scheduled programming! :beerchug: With spring just around the corner its time to start riding again if you haven't already!

Back