The older I get the more I agree with Ice T

Every tyrant in the last 100 years has relied on the police,, secret police (FBI, CIA), and apparatchiks (IRS EPA), to hold power, some have taken power using military but all have held power with the police. Not a cop hater just someone who been to communist countries when communism was easy to identify. The aftermath of these countries attaining their freedom (as they see it) was usually not good for the cops and their families (KGB mostly excepted), this should be taught in cop academy. Every time I read about road blocks, see traffic cameras, and cop cars with cameras that automatically check plates I think of the cameras on every street in East Germany, I don't like it and think LE has gone too far in this country, its a slippery slope and usually ends badly for all involved. I'll keep my hedge against tyranny, you all can do what you want.

I have to disagree with his statement about protection from the police. He was sounding good up to that point. It's not the police taking heavy tolls in the neighborhoods, it's crime and criminals. But that's alright as long as it's not the police, right ?

If you grew up in his surroundings and his situation, you'd say the exact same thing. We need police, we should respect them and everything they do for us and believe me I know this; but there have been a lot of unjust things done that will scar peoples thoughts and opinions for the rest of their lives.
I've pulled 50 hour weeks in that setting since 1997, no that doesn't make me a ghetto rat, but then again I'm always in the middle of the crap, so that 15 years is probably more like 45. I've seen enough of the attitude also. It's funny how often 911 is dialed with all the hatred of law enforcement :laugh: and believe me, everytime I see someone doing something super stupid while in uniform it pisses me off too. But you take a few cases of individuals getting killed and others being severely beaten and put it up against the daily slaughter and it just doesn't wash with the facts. It's a piss poor attitude without basis today. Now turn the clock back decades and I'll shut my mouth and sit down, but I was a child then. Sorry but a young man I have known was murdered last week, and he's the third young man killed in the last couple years in a community of 500 people, and it wasn't cops doing the shooting. I'm sure he's affiliated and would never say the truth about whose killing who today.

Every tyrant in the last 100 years has relied on the police,, secret police (FBI, CIA), and apparatchiks (IRS EPA), to hold power, some have taken power using military but all have held power with the police. Not a cop hater just someone who been to communist countries when communism was easy to identify. The aftermath of these countries attaining their freedom (as they see it) was usually not good for the cops and their families (KGB mostly excepted), this should be taught in cop academy. Every time I read about road blocks, see traffic cameras, and cop cars with cameras that automatically check plates I think of the cameras on every street in East Germany, I don't like it and think LE has gone too far in this country, its a slippery slope and usually ends badly for all involved. I'll keep my hedge against tyranny, you all can do what you want.
Well we all have opinions sir. I don't worry about the cameras in public. My feelings are If I'm doing what I'm suppose to be doing I don't care. The cameras cops wear and the ones in their cars are there to protect them from others. By the way in the vast majority of those situations the cameras aren't on until the officer turns them on or the lights are operated.

I don't have issue with his comments with the exception of the protect us from the police comment and he meant what he said. It wasn't about police states around the world. The Federal Government will never use Law Enforcement to oppress the people on the scale you speak of. Law Enforcement just doesn't have the training, equipment, or numbers to pull that one off. Think about it.

I don't have issue with his comments with the exception of the protect us from the police comment and he meant what he said.

I doubt he was talking about all of law enforcement getting together with any other chain of government; but more or less individuals of law enforcement taking advantage of their power, entering homes, or in some way threatening his life. As stupid as that sounds, there are people who are more afraid of law enforcement than gangsters.

I doubt he was talking about all of law enforcement getting together with any other chain of government; but more or less individuals of law enforcement taking advantage of their power, entering homes, or in some way threatening his life. As stupid as that sounds, there are people who are more afraid of law enforcement than gangsters.
I understood that and it's just a shame. I get a cup full every shift. The funny thing is that officers actually, typically do less than they could under the constitution because they fear getting into trouble over it. I have a newbie on my shift and we had a long talk just a few nights ago after he showed his stupidity on a BS call. I got to the call 5 minutes ahead of him and had called dispatch by phone to verify who called. I was talking with the caller who was actually the victim when he arrived. He knew the other party and had a talk with them, then walked over and asked to talk to the caller for a minute. I watched as he walked over and told the guy he needed to leave. Both parties were drunk and this wasn't my first visit to their loving home :laugh: The guy was trying to leave and as usual each party is trying to get the last word in when he walks over and tells the guy he needs to leave now and that if he has to come back somebody ( the caller ) is gonna go to jail. The female walks up to me and I asked her what went on. She states that I never touched him, a female cousin standing behind her says, don't lie, both of you got physical. She then states all I did was push him. She out weighs the dude by at least 120 pounds. That's exactly what he had told me happened, she came home drunk, they verbally argued, and then she pushed him.

He ( the caller, the victim ) leaves and I tell my partner to meet me. In private I explain to him that the first officer on scene has the call and that the second officer is the cover officer. Secondly I explain to him who called, then I explain to him that he should never ever again threaten someone in my presence, and then I explained to him that he made the caller, who just happened to be the victim leave his home. Then I explained to him that the other party admitted to me that she had committed a crime. I was not happy at all. He's in training so i didn't write him up which would have probably ended his career with my department. IMHO he did what he did because he knew the one party. I don't know that he'll ever make it in this job.

I never knew Ice T had those thoughts. Gives me a whole new view of the Ice T. I like his wife too. :moon:

hes a down to earth guy.Totally different from his NWA days.

Being a fan of rap I had to interject here:laugh::laugh:

Ice-T was NEVER in NWA

NWA was Easy-E, Ice Cube, Dr Dre, DJ Yella Boy, MC Ren and Arabian Prince who didint stick around long w the group:laugh:

Carry on:thumbsup:

Back