The Old Man Has His Track Shoes On!!

Southside Playa

Master Pot-Stirrer
Donating Member
Registered
Arlight, all you die-hard McCain supporters, why is your boy dodging the debate??

He isn't on the committee that makes the final decision. Not too many people in the country Dems or Repubs are really in favor of the bill, so yea there is a chance for some Bi-partisan, Non-Bush solution.

So why is he running from Obama? Why is Palin running from interviews/issues?

If there are so strong why are they not meeting ALL challenges head-on? Why does he need a time-out to get his thoughts together?

And finally, why is/was his campaign manager STILL indirectly receiving money from Freddie Mac?

These are all serious valid questions, so you all please step up and come with it, or do you all need to "suspend" your support of your candidate while he/yall gets it together??

The polls ain't looking so good right now, huh? Remember, it ain't no fun when the rabbit, or the donkey in this case has the gun?

:poke:

Ron, let me know if I am PC on this one Bro. Thanks.

Arlight, all you die-hard McCain supporters, why is your boy dodging the debate??

He isn't on the committee that makes the final decision. Not too many people in the country Dems or Repubs are really in favor of the bill, so yea there is a chance for some Bi-partisan, Non-Bush solution.

So why is he running from Obama? Why is Palin running from interviews/issues?

If there are so strong why are they not meeting ALL challenges head-on? Why does he need a time-out to get his thoughts together?

And finally, why is/was his campaign manager STILL indirectly receiving money from Freddie Mac?

These are all serious valid questions, so you all please step up and come with it, or do you all need to "suspend" your support of your candidate while he/yall gets it together??

The polls ain't looking so good right now, huh? Remember, it ain't no fun when the rabbit, or the donkey in this case has the gun?

:poke:

Ron, let me know if I am PC on this one Bro. Thanks.

Looks fine to me Marcus :thumbsup:

Unfortunatley I have been tied up with stuff and havent been following politics too much.

I thought I had heard something on the news as I was walking by the tv that McCain did not want to debate or something.

Have any good links I can read about it online? think CNN's web site would have good coverage on it?

I agree, if someone is not wanting to debate I take that is a red flag.

All good bro :beerchug:

Looks fine to me Marcus :thumbsup:

I agree, if someone is not wanting to debate I take that is a red flag.

All good bro :beerchug:

That is my point exactly. You see we can foster Bi-partisanism right here in the org!!

Let me grab some links for you. I actually look at all or most media outlets (Fox, CNN, MSNBC, etc) before I make up my mind. Most of them tend to lean more one way than another. I really like to think I am somwhere in the middle.

:thumbsup:

I seem to remember that both of them are still SENATORS... maybe they should do their jobs and get the bail-out finalized instead of talking smack about each other. Just my $.001!

So a couple of hours debating Friday night will drastically take away from their time to work on that??

Remember now just last week John McCain said "Our economy is strong". Now, just one week later, he has a sudden sense of urgency?? What's up with that?

Ok, I went to CNN's web site

I read what President Bush had to say about the $700 Billion dollar bail out.

This mortgage problem is huge. I think we all can agree we are all seeing the affects of it around us everywhere. This country without a doubt is sinking into a financial crisis.

I am very impressed with the fact that President Bush has personally asked both Obama and McCain to participate in the negotiations. I feel that was a very prudent and smart thing to do.

Either Obama will be the next president or McCain will be the next president, and whomever is going to be the next president is probably going to still have to deal with the decisions the current administration is going to make. So I feel having both Obama and McCain as part of the negotiations is not only extremely considerate to them both to allow them input on a situation one of them will have to deal with, I feel it is also a plus for the country to have the next president part of these negotiations.

So with that said I can understand why McCain would want to stop campaigning and go to Washington to deal with this. Washington is going to go forward with this bail out plan with or without the participation of the candidates.

Obama and McCain might be campaigning to be next president, but they are still senators and they are still being paid to do a job. I feel if the nation is in a crisis they should be putting the campaigning on hold to do their jobs. To me that shows me where their priorities are, with this country.

However with all of that said I don’t think the fact that Obama still wants to debate and McCain wants to go to Washington immediately and put the debate on hold is a huge deal and something to criticize either candidate for.

In my opinion McCain seems to feel that our nation is in a crisis and he needs to be doing his job and he needs to be part of the negotiations.

Obama feels they can still participate in the debate on Friday then fly to D.C. after that and they both can still be part of the bail out negotiations.

I think it is just a matter of perspective. I will however say that if it is a matter of perspective I think Obama is taking advantage of it to try and make McCain look bad or look like he is trying to avoid the debate.

To answer your question Marcus, honestly, I don’t think for me I have enough information to make me think McCain is trying to avoid the debate. I think it is possible he is trying to avoid the debate and is using this as an excuse to get his ducks in a row, or he could be sincere and feels the current situation is more important than a debate and that him and Senator Obama should both be part of the negotiations.

It would be lame for Washington, President Bush and congress to put a $700 billion dollar bail out intended on saving our country from financial ruin on hold for a presidential debate. I think that would really look bad

I think there is a validated huge national crisis that could crush the United States and I think that makes the issue of if he is trying to avoid a debate or not kind of real gray area.

How much prep time goes into that 2 hour debate? Hell, McCain probably has to relearn all of his talking points every morning!

Havent read the other links, I did go to the one about prayer for protection from witchcraft. and well. as a Christian I didnt see anything wrong with that.

I suppose if someone wasnt a Christian or didnt believe in God they might think it was over the egde.

But I will say there is not even a comparison between Obama's pastors situation and this one.

The major point being that Obama's pastor was reported as slamming the United States and bascially acting like he hates the United States while Palin and Palin's pastor were praying for the United States and asking for guidance to get the United States back on track. I am all for that kind of prayer myself :thumbsup:

If this is the best the Obama camp can come up with they are grasping at straws here. In my mind the financial crisis is much more important than a debate. The debate can be rescheduled, the financial crisis will not wait for anything. This crisis is not a small thing and I believe both parties should be involved.

President Bush has asked both Obama and McCain to take part in this and I believe they both should. As it has been said, they are senators and it is their job, it's what they were elected to do and will give us an idea of how they handle themselves when dealing with a crisis.

I see this as Obama wanting to avoid presenting ideas to help the country out of this crisis. Just as in the past, when the going gets a little tough or the problem requires taking a stand on something, Obama would rather just vote present instead of letting everyone know how we would deal with the situation or what his beliefs are.

Back