ducpic.jpg

PRETTY and a nice price tag too!

Good GOD, it's a Yamaha with a 999 tail and a Honda 1000 R exhaust  
wow.gif

There'll be trouble (riots) in the Itallian Alps ver-wie, ver-wie soon  
all_coholic.gif

Think no one liked the 999, just wait until this baby comes out
iamwithstupid.gif

I think it's pretty decent looking considering what they've been doing lately with the 749/999. But it just proves once again what we all already knew; Ducati just doesn't have the soul it had since Massimo went to the CRC to design MVs. Just look at the new F4100, that thing screams mid 90s Ducati superbike.

But D' Col. is right, all the Tamburini fans HATED the new Terblanche superbike design when it first came out...they're going to break windows and set fires over this one in Northern Italy. I can see the headlines now, "Riots on the Po, Bologna the fat one burns."
"DMH factory raised to the ground. Lamborghini and Maserati retreat to Modena seats."

Man...if they hadn't gone back to the single sided swingarm I honestly think they would have lynched ol' Pierre from the flagpole at the factory.

Oh and who already loves the new Sportclassic 1000S? Damn, I know I do.

Doesn't it remind you of an old 750?

Someone has to help me give up my Ducati addiction. There's something fundamentally wrong with all of us.
all_coholic.gif

I don't know ... it looks like a Triumph to me. And while the 998 was an awesome bike, a friend has a 999, and I've actually grown to like it more than the old design.

And the single-sided swingarm always presented a problem for AMA and WSBK, so if they've gone back, I guess they worked out the flex problem.

Ducati_999_JPG.JPG

great looking bike but strictly designed for track and not too practical for the road. my buddy has a 996 and i thought my back would blow out after the 1st few miles.

(Schism @ Nov. 09 2006,11:31) great looking bike but strictly designed for track and not too practical for the road.  my buddy has a 996 and i thought my back would blow out after the 1st few miles.
I've ridden the 998 and the 999, and the 999 is much more comfortable. You sit more level on the bike, as opposed to the slant that you get on the 748/998 line.

Back