**The OFFICIAL TEAM GIXXER smacktalk thread**

nice pic Keith, keep us updated :)

o.png

There are a lot of people on this board that mentored, helped, encouraged and offered their time, knowledge and friendship to help me get to be a decent enough rider to do this. I have not forgotten you and I am very grateful.

Well roomer has it ...most of team gixxer is going to retire from track days???

Last edited:
I'm taking the rest of the year off and we'll see after that. I've still got my 12 GSXR and plastics to fit her back to track form if the urge hits me. For now I'm doing some traveling in the RV and hauling the bike along in street trim.

I'm taking the rest of the year off and we'll see after that. I've still got my 12 GSXR and plastics to fit her back to track form if the urge hits me. For now I'm doing some traveling in the RV and hauling the bike along in street trim.
I am NOT happy :( Miss you Charlie and Jay!

Bummer to hear guys. Although traveling in the rv doesn't sound like a bad gig either. So did you sell your other gixxer?
It was a fun run. Will miss you guys for sure! Man time flys.
I was actually going to try and make one more Barber trip this year too.

While still sitting in my garage....the 07 is sold. She's going to a good home for sure.

Bummer to hear guys. Although traveling in the rv doesn't sound like a bad gig either. So did you sell your other gixxer?
It was a fun run. Will miss you guys for sure! Man time flys.
I was actually going to try and make one more Barber trip this year too.

Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio; a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy; he hath borne me on his back a thousand times; and now, how abhorred in my imagination it is! My gorge rises at it. Here hung those lips that I have kissed I know not how oft. Where be your gibes now? Your gambols? Your songs? Your flashes of merriment, that were wont to set the table on a roar? (Hamlet, V.i)

I must say goodbye to my Gixxer 1k...On Saturday at NCM, after 6 years and 17,000 TRACK miles, she decided to give her final measure and the #3 connecting rod went thru the case...it was pretty epic as I was going over 100 on the tabletop at NCM... There were flames, and a boatload of smoke, and the rear locked up. Never blown a motor before, and the feeling of a shovel full of gravel rolling around in your engine is not fun. The bad news is that it's worth more in parts than it is to replace the motor; the good news is that I now have a valid reason to purchase a new motorcycle :)

So it may be goodbye for Team Gixxer, and hello to Team Beemer....

THE KING IS DEAD!; LONG LIVE THE KING!

Here she is in better days :)

IMG_1773.JPG

And here's what happened Saturday :(

IMG_4475.JPG

After what you put that bike through over the years, she doesn't owe you a penny. What a fantastic steed she was! The second best bike made to date (only behind the 06 1k's ;)).

Definitely smartest to part it out. You can get some decent money for you big ticket items. Can't wait to see what replaces it. She'll have big shoes to fill. One more thing.... With how much duct tape you put on THAT bike, I'm guessing an ENTIRE ROLL goes on the new bike for each weekend :lol:

Back