The official Hayabusa.org wheelie thread

Those guys in that drifting video were top notch :thumbsup: Makes you wonder how many bikes they demolished throughout the years to obtain skills like that ? :laugh:

what, you guys own the track....broke in....or what?

Slung the Busa's over our shoulders and climbed the fence. :laugh: (I'm so glad they lightened them up a bit in '08)

Actually this strip is the funnest piece of legal straight line pavement around. The owners are lenient and like for us to have fun. They charge I think $600 for a few hours on the strip, but when we got there they let us have it for free for the day while they got ready for the weekend races.

Very nice people! :thumbsup:

Insane skills, I've never seen bunny hops on a street bike. That looks so fun too, just thrashing around like that. Great vid, thanks for posting.

Time for some new video Outlaw.
Now, if I can just buy another bike I'll get some too.
I do have a zx10 and cbr1k I can borrow...but I really don't want to buy either. I'm always wheeling someone else's bike, but put a camera on it and you usually get the "hey, yall watch this" crash:laugh:

Funny how that works isn't it...my young son is learning the "Hey ya'll, watch this" technique

:bowdown:Why the cloud of smoke every time you land in that second video in the OP? The front tire burns when you land?

Outlaw hasn't been here in a long time.
Blast from the past!
The front tire will smoke on touch down because it's spinning at a slower speed than if it were in contact with the road.
Friction and heat.
They eventually stop smoking, just like alot of tires quit smoking after so many burn outs.
The front tire begins losing speed as soon as it leaves the road. If you hold the wheelie long enough, it'll stop turning, or just barely turn from the wind.

That could be an area where some oil soak powder was used. It seems a bit too much of a cloud to be (wheel spin/grab smoke) upon set down. That’s usually just a puff of blue if anything at all. Jus sayin.

Back