The official EVO thread

HellFire

Registered
Hey Lads,

Here we can talk about ROMs, rooting and everything else that comes with the EVO ownership :)

My EVO is fully wiped, rooted and custom ROM'd

snap20110126_104459.png

View attachment snap20110126_104459.png

:bowdown::bowdown:

I'm here. All stock and HTC Sensed out! I love it stock, gonna take some big pushes to make me root it!

:bowdown::bowdown:

I'm here. All stock and HTC Sensed out! I love it stock, gonna take some big pushes to make me root it!
I haven't had a single restart since i ROM'd it...How is that for a push?...I don't have a single Nascar app or anything that Sprint installed from the factory
Me no speaky this language...:laugh:

I backed up and fully formatted the memory of the phone

Rooting...Basically removed the limitations of the phone and opened it for reprogramming

Custom ROM...In a jist, aftermarket operating system which is independent from Sprint...I get constant updates and new features...Best of all...No restarts or Nascar apps

Those Nascrap apps and everything don't bother me. They aren't running anyway. And I don't think I've intentionally restarted my Evo since I bought it on release day! I've only turned it off when the battery dies or is gonna die and I'm trying to save it :D

Plus I like the way the Sense works...

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk.

Those Nascrap apps and everything don't bother me. They aren't running anyway. And I don't think I've intentionally restarted my Evo since I bought it on release day! I've only turned it off when the battery dies or is gonna die and I'm trying to save it :D

Your EVO doesn't restart on its own once a day or so?

Hmm. Never had that problem. Weird. These phones have been VERY hit and miss. I have 4 total close friends all with EVOs. One friend is on his 3rd phone since release, and us other 3 have had ZERO problems. Odd...

If you read that link, by the end of it, they discovered that a new update had fixed the problem, so I'm guessing if I've never gotten the problem, I'm not gonna get it! :thumbsup:

Bro...I had that update and it rebooted just as bad

Huh, weird. Oh well. Still no rooting for me yet. I'd like to get the free wifi hotspot and some better battery life though. Although I still get right around 18 hours with mine now. I think that's pretty fair for a phone with a screen this big and push email... :thumbsup:

Hmm. Never had that problem. Weird. These phones have been VERY hit and miss. I have 4 total close friends all with EVOs. One friend is on his 3rd phone since release, and us other 3 have had ZERO problems. Odd...

Any technology goes bad. Its inevitable. Some are worse than others but i have had zero software issues with my evo. Then again its rooted with Evio 2 rom. Only hardware issues but warranty and insurance take car of that :)

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Back