The new triumph daytona 675 triple

It's a good looking bike, Triumph is trying to make a come back
cool.gif
Triumph has been "making a comeback" since the early 90's with quality competitive priced bikes.

I would wait at least a year for 'em to work out the new model bugs. That said, it is a good lookin' bike!

I'm sure Triumphs are fine for coming in 5th. I would recommend the big 4 because they have the years and years and YEARS of race and actual road experience in the highest numbers. I'm not brandbashing by saying that when my buddy seeks my advice about bikes, I would reccomend the ones I am confident have the latest and greatest technology, balanced with the high count of ownership translating into system refinements that can not be equalled any other way. That's all. I would recommend he get something with a larger history, that's all. His previous triumph was "ok" but I found it's construction quirky and it's balance, feel, and general functionality below par. Compared to my busa. I had some decent seat time on it [Sprint ST or something] but it was not as confidence inspiring as the race sport bikes with laonger historys. It is a sharp looking ride.

But I recommend the big four.
smile.gif

I'm sure Triumphs are fine for coming in 5th.  I would recommend the big 4 because they have the years and years and YEARS of race and actual road experience in the highest numbers.  I'm not brandbashing by saying that when my buddy seeks my advice about bikes, I would reccomend the ones I am confident have the latest and greatest technology, balanced with the high count of ownership translating into system refinements that can not be equalled any other way.  That's all.  I would recommend he get something with a larger history, that's all.  His previous triumph was "ok" but I found it's construction quirky and it's balance, feel, and general functionality below par.  Compared to my busa.  I had some decent seat time on it [Sprint ST or something] but it was not as confidence inspiring as the race sport bikes with laonger historys.  It is a sharp looking ride.

But I recommend the big four.  
smile.gif
From your argument it's like your supporting the idea of "Go Harley or go home" if you happen to be a guy that favored cruisers. Go with the well established and most recognized brands because the rest dont have a history long enough to verify the products are viable or worthy of consideration.

quirky construction? balance, feel and functionality sub-par? What bike are you talking about...a SPRINT ST? whatcha smokin Willis?? How long have you been riding bikes? Have only ridden one kind of bike? If your answer expresses that you have a long and seasoned experience with all kinds and your are an accompished expert of all things motorcyling, then why on earth will you say a thing like that?......

Quirky?
rock.gif
Puff-puff-pass homie, u know tha rulez...

Should everyone only purchase Mercedes Benz, they (Daimler-Benz) were first.. Still the best some would say. Buy a GM auto instead of a Toyota or Honda?

Race sport bikes....which Japanese factory has a longer history than Triumph? What happened? If you measure it by history then everyone should be buying Triumphs not Suzuki's right? Even though back in the day Triumphs were fallin' to bits and bleeding oil and sheddin' bolts, they were well established and had a long pedigree, if your reasoning was well founded the big 4 would never be the Juggernaughts that they currently are.

Your are welcome to your opinions and statements but c'mon, be reasonable and fair....yea I know it's a Hayabusa board whatchaexpect....Best Bike in the World Bar-none right?

Do you work for Triumph?
smile.gif
If someone seeks my advice about purchasing a crotch rocket, I would tell them Suz, Kaw, Yam or Honda and I would tell them why. There's nothing for me to 'argue' about here. If they wanted the best, that's what I would say. Otherwise, they can get what they want. I have enough cycle experience to assist people in making informed purchasing decisions based on THEIR needs, and not my personal preferences.

When Triumph consistently equals or exceeds the other four makers year after year in racing, ratings, and reviews from around the world, I would recommend them
smile.gif
At this time they are not keeping up. Bottom line to each their own.

Last time he bought a triumph, he regretted it - because my busa was the same price for so much more bike

I STILL think the 675 is GREAT LOOKING and secretly hopes he gets it so I can ride it
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144355115 -->

smile.gif

smile.gif

If someone seeks my advice about purchasing a crotch rocket, I would tell them Suz, Kaw, Yam or Honda and I would tell them why.  There's nothing for me to 'argue' about here.  If they wanted the best, that's what I would say.  Otherwise, they can get what they want.  I have enough cycle experience to assist people in making informed purchasing decisions based on THEIR needs, and not my personal preferences.

Bottom line to each their own.

Last time he bought a triumph, he regretted it - because my busa was the same price for so much more bike

I STILL think the 675 is GREAT LOOKING and secretly hopes he gets it so I can ride it  
smile.gif
["Do you work for Triumph?  
smile.gif
"]  ...heh, heh, sounds like it doesnt it...nah! I just own two Triumphs and have had the most satisfying and fulfilling ownership experiences with them, granted the D675 is brand new and not broken in yet...:p

["When Triumph consistently equals or exceeds the other four makers year after year in racing, ratings, and reviews from around the world, I would recommend them  
smile.gif
 At this time they are not keeping up.".........]give 'er a browse..., and give 'er a browse...

It isnt all about racing, with the monetary resources that the big 4 have at their disposal competing in the MotoGP's and AMA are prohibitively expensive for the small factories, you've gotta know that. Triumph are tiny and has One factory, This doesnt mean that the machines are not up to snuff. Aprilia makes fine bikes but almost went broke and might have if they were'nt bought by Piaggio, how many owners of Ducati has there been in recent years? MV Agusta sold for a dollar. Bimota has new Chinese owners, Hell Harley was saved from oblivion and can now virtually print their own money but I would hardly call them high in "racing, ratings, and reviews from around the world". So using the financial inablilty to compete, doesnt make a bike unworthy in my eyes.

Also racing should have little to do with (presuming the Big-4 racing you were referring to was 600 and 1k class) it as the GSX-r 1300 doesnt 'fight' in that class either, but is a splendid machine all the same.

I'm likely wasting my time defending tiny Triumph so I'll stop at this posting, as it's also gotten off the point w/ reference to the D-675 but I like all you others had my money and had my choices and regret none of them. I also am yet to see a negative report about a current Triumph anywhere, some critical points here and there but none that concludes that they are bad or mediocre or indifferent.

Finally, finally
biggrin.gif
I joined this board because I'm in the market for yet another bike and first on my "next" list was the 'Busa, so I also am someone that likes this bike and have not knocked it at all because I know it's a fine ride.

smile.gif

smile.gif

If you have a dealer close? I'd say snap one up... Hard decision between this and a GSXR750, but at least the Triumph is fresh and a little more unique. Cool Bike though.

I think they look alot better in person than in the pics. Even though all the mags try to compare them to the big 4, I dont think thats why you buy a Triumph. I demoed a new Speed Triple and the bike was a hoot. Felt very solid, good power, very well balanced, but, you are not gonna get the aftermarket support like the japs bikes get. That was the only turn off.

SportRider mag did a BIG write up on the 675 in the latest issue and they loved it! I hope it's everything and more they say so my friend won't end up regretting his purchase, or get tired of always FOLLOWING a Busa and a 636. ;)

Thanks for all the input guys! I was really excited when I heard about the 675 triple coming out. Triumph has been on the backburner for awhile with the other failed daytonas, and I'm not brand specific, but I hope they kick everyones azz this year so they can get a little respect. I think they deserve a piece of the pie after this long. I would really like to take one of those for a spin!

What's funny is that I give just about ANYTHING a try before I buy Japanese. Nothing Personal, but Damnit, for the most part Japanese Stuff fit's Japanese Bodies. Grab a Euro Design bike and things sometimes tend to fall right into place much better.

Same for the cars... Like I said, for the Most part.... Even though to my own surprise I just bought another Japanese Car, and it's ergonomics are spot on...

Back