The new PS3

heavybusa

Just another guy
Donating Member
Registered
Probably not real but check out this <a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/Playstation-3-PS3-60GB-Free-Overnight-Shipping-Blu-ray_W0QQitemZ150059269467QQihZ005QQcate
goryZ62054QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem" target="_blank">E-Bay</a> auction

Are there any crazy stories in your area?

Richmond News

From NBC12 News
Hardcore gamers, and some looking to make a profit, are shelling out $500 or more for Sony's new PlayStation 3. The new game system went on sale at midnight.

Many had been camping out in front of stores for days, waiting for their chance to buy the game console.

“Fifty-eight hours. It's finally over. I can go home and sleep in a real bed,â€￾ said Kate Devine, who was second in line at the Circuit City in Henrico. “The PlayStation's going on eBay. I need money for grad school."

Only one problem was reported overnight when the consoles went on sale. Henrico police had to fire talcum powder at the ground when customers began surging at the Short Pump Target, where 350 people had waited to get their hands on only eight game systems.

i think that is the same story all over the country...we still have over a month until Christmas...i think it gets worse every year
guns.gif

(guido4512 @ Nov. 17 2006,06:03) It's absolutely insane.
I think retarded is more like it. I saw people (2 different Walmart locations) camping outside in the rain. U know what I say when I see these big corporations doing these tricks to the people? Sh0ve it! (Im trying to keep it clean here). And then I call these people morons for falling to thier traps.

people are retarted!! I just watched an auction and it sold for 9k!!!
SHOCKED.gif

I saw several lines on Fox News of people who had been camping out on the side walk since MONDAY  
wow.gif
! Interesting, they all look like homeless welfare cases, so my question is: What kind of person and what kind of job does a person have that can stays out in the cold, rainy weather with $600 to buy a toy for 4 to 5 days
wink.gif
 ?

I wondered the same thing and actually had a conversation about that while I was camped out in line for star wars
SHOCKED.gif

Just a question I thought of.
People are in the line for so long, and of course don't want to lose their place. What happens when they have to use the bathroom.
crazy.gif

I checked ebay there is 149 pages of PS3s, one just sold for $5,100 bucks with 29 people bidding on it.
eek2.gif

Someone got shot here in CT overnight at a Walmart. Not sure the details but I do know he was in line waiting for the damn thing to go on sale.

Lines have been forming here for days too...guess all the excitement is over by now...everyone's out of 'em and a bunch of suckers on eBay just won an overpriced "first generation" POS that will be $200 by next Christmas LOL

We got a first generation PS2, it went up, had it fixed, went up again, Sony fixed it one more time and now it's stuffed behind a cabinet...we're on the newer model PS2, but it's starting to not play all of the kids' games...they're all crap...well, my $.02
all_coholic.gif

BRING BACK ATARI!!! Joust, Donkey Kong, Frogger...
laugh.gif

the funny thing is, is that the original release was today, sony plans on having 2 million total hitting the shelves before christmas. I wonder if that'll be enough?

who says criminals are stupid. In New York a guy held up 10 people waiting in line at gun point, not a bad for a nights work at $500-$1000 a pop.
laugh.gif

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/SONY-PLAYSTATION-3-CONSOLE-60GB-PS3-PREMIUM-FREE-S-H_W0QQitemZ230049396649QQihZ013QQcatego
ryZ62054QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem" target="_blank">Another one</a>

Its a shame that people are losing their lives over this stuff

(VaBusa @ Nov. 17 2006,09:47) Lines have been forming here for days too...guess all the excitement is over by now...everyone's out of 'em and a bunch of suckers on eBay just won an overpriced "first generation" POS that will be $200 by next Christmas LOL

We got a first generation PS2, it went up, had it fixed, went up again, Sony fixed it one more time and now it's stuffed behind a cabinet...we're on the newer model PS2, but it's starting to not play all of the kids' games...they're all crap...well, my $.02  
all_coholic.gif

BRING BACK ATARI!!!  Joust, Donkey Kong, Frogger...
laugh.gif
+1 to that!!!!

The first gen of anything is bad news

(thismonsterlives @ Nov. 17 2006,09:44) Someone got shot here in CT overnight at a Walmart.  Not sure the details but I do know he was in line waiting for the damn thing to go on sale.
I just found what I was talking about on Yahoo

LINK

Back