THE MUST DO KICK STAND MOD!

Goo mod, just don't do what i did about 6 months after i brought the bike and forgot to put the sidestand down at the petrol station ???

Is it possible to do the KICKSTAND MOD if you have an after market Chrome Tribal Kickstand and a Chrome Kickstand Assembly?

Re: THE MUST DO KICK STAND MOD!

Is it possible to do the KICKSTAND MOD if you have an after market Chrome Tribal Kickstand and a Chrome Kickstand Assembly?

Pic of the kickstand may help for an opinion but I think the kickstand mod is about grinding away a small tab on the KS not sure how you feel about doing that to a brand new an expensive, not mention shiny KS:dunno:

GEN2: Before...

original1.jpg

original2.jpg

Last edited:

GEN2: After...

A little uneven but I feel a lot better leaving it on the stand now.

mod1.jpg

mod2.jpg

Last edited:
Keep in mind though please if it falls over no one will be looking at the shiny kickstand just at the damage like cracked fairings an broken mirrors an dented gas tanks :poke:

If you not going to do that, be a good idea to do something the factory stand as is, has a nasty habit of fail

LOL Sorry this is not funny if your bike fell over.

But this is a Suzuki Think we have to do it on our Intruders also.

It would be easiest if you have it up on a stand. Unless you have someone holding the bike for you.

Thanks, I figured as much, but didn't want to assume! Is there any particular drimel tip that works best for this mod?

Thanks very much for the Gen 2 pic - I did the mod last night with a Dremel - I haven't taken enough out (only about 1mm). Will do some more tomorrow.

So, yesterday I decided to head up to my friends workshop to get the kick stand mod done. Guess what happens to the bike just after I've shut the garage door? Yep, fell over.

Luckily I was right by it and managed to 'place' the bike on the ground before calling for my neighbours. I did try and get it up myself but that was an epic fail. Just a couple of tiny scratches on the exhaust and alternator cover that you can't see unless you look for them - I'll be tidying them up with some black nail polish tomorrow.

Kick stand mod now complete though.

Back