The Mud Did It...

Dirty Red357

Registered
Man today there was rain in the Mesquite and Garland area on 635, but from my apartment it was clear. So I was just riding and everything was fine in the rain. Its nothing new, I ride in the rain all the time. But when I got off Hwy 80 on to Town East Drive, I had lost my directions, and turned into the neighborhood. Well I saw some guys working on the street, as I was stopping to turn on this street...I made sure I was going ever so slowly...but not slow enough. My front tire slid in this mud...sideways, bike went down. Bought it new in 05, paid off and nothing ever!!! Bike just slid...I am rolling on the street. Now, I need a new left fairing. The frame slider bent into the fairing and cracked it. I had a stator frame slider to protect it. I also got a scratch on the left side tail. Other than that...I was able to pick it up, get back on the road to my destination. Rode like a champ...even though bruised. Went and sprayed all the mud off the side...and got her back up to 110mph on 635 in the rain home. Once I got home....no more rain!!

Sorry to hear about the off, glad you weren't hurt to bad. The bike can be fixed ....

Sorry about the disappointing event, yo. Glad you're okay.

:beerchug:

Thanks people...well since I didnt want to cut my plastic for frame sliders I bought some chrome BUSA frame sliders...that you just screw in using the screw from that center hole. And they were supposed to stay flat, but they went up into the fairing. Here are the pics...

CIMG2746.jpg

CIMG2747.jpg

CIMG2748.jpg

The size of the bolt on those sliders is too small to support any weight at all, let alone 500+lbs of Busa sliding. At least you're not hurt.

I hit some loose gravel on a pull off on the Blue Ridge Parkway this fall. I was only moving at a couple of mph. Had my feet out but the front tire washed out. Only minor scratches on left fairing but had to replace the mirror. Did some wetsanding, little touch up paint, and its not even noticeable. Frame sliders did the job on my accident.:thumbsup:

Back