"the more things change..."

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
Many people are not as flexible at accepting change as they would like to think. Think of something you do on a consistant basis and then try to do something else instead once. I discovered change brings variety and learned to accept it since my favorite foods at certain restraunts seem to get phased out after a couple of years. Then I had to find something new enjoy.

ANYWAY....

Name some things you can always rely on or stuff that has not changed in your life time as far as you know.

1. Love [although real love is almost a lost definition, I still do not feel it has ever changed]

2. Car engines. I've seen ZERO change in my 35 years. New tech, same ol spark/boomy/gas burnage

3. Moist wipes in those little square packettes. They still smell exactly like they did when I was 5 and we pulled over to the side of the road to clean our hands after eating sandwiches in the car on a long road trip.

4. Key locks. It's not broke, please don't replace these with some computer chip that runs on batteries

What else hasn't changed, and probably never will?

geocities.com domain gone

The level of some ppls stupidity. There will always be stupid ppl that do stupid things that make you think "That reminds me of so & so", who was also stupid.

biggrin.gif

My stubbornness never goes away...does that count?  
laugh.gif

Oh, and my 36 year old teddy bear...he's still the same...

How about condoms... many new shapes, colors, and sizes, still do the same job.....

Hey Greg.

I'll disagree on the car engines. Yes, they are still suck / squeeze / bang / blow, but 35 years ago they didn't go 100,000K without a tune up, they didn't have electronic ignitions, or computerized fuel injection (which is a major reason they go 100,000K with regularity, btw), or any number of fairly impressive improvements.

What hasn't changed?

Sausage making. Politics.

The making of either is not something to be witnessed by the squeamish...

This has never changed - you can't talk about religion or politics without starting a fight...that'll never change...
blush.gif

Porcelin for indoor toilets. It amazes me that with all of the materials we've created in the last 30 to 50 years alone... porcelin is still king of the throne.

engines: umm, lets see direct injection, thats new, hybrids a common sight, thats new, E85 (flexfuel) vehicles, thats new, yeah, so sure the common 4 cycle process hasnt gone away, but how many variable intake/ and variable cam motors were around 35 years ago, or how about 6 cylinders that crank out 300+ horses from the factory, i would say suck squeeze bang blow has come a long way....

-WHEELMAN

Know what I hate that's changed?! NO MORE DRIVE-INS! I used to love going to those as a kid...my kids will never know what it's like to hang out on the roof of the car with their jammies and pillows, or play at the play ground during intermission...
sad.gif

Sorry for the thread-jack...I'm all nostalgic now *boo hoo*

Know what I hate that's changed?!  NO MORE DRIVE-INS!  I used to love going to those as a kid...my kids will never know what it's like to hang out on the roof of the car with their jammies and pillows, or play at the play ground during intermission...
sad.gif

Sorry for the thread-jack...I'm all nostalgic now  *boo hoo*
VaBusa, believe it or not there is a drive-in here in Scottsdale, Arizona.... same crappy speakers and headlights shining on the screen everytime a car pulls in......

Know what I hate that's changed?!  NO MORE DRIVE-INS!  I used to love going to those as a kid...my kids will never know what it's like to hang out on the roof of the car with their jammies and pillows, or play at the play ground during intermission...
sad.gif

VaBusa, believe it or not there is a drive-in here in Scottsdale, Arizona.... same crappy speakers and headlights shining on the screen everytime a car pulls in......
We don't have any here...the last one closed up just after I graduated from high school back in '88
sad.gif

I'm sure it's not as nice as the huge theaters of today, but there was something so cool about watching a horror flick from a car!
biggrin.gif

sad.gif

VA, you might have to road trip for drive-ins. there are websites out there that keep tabs on where all the open drive in's still are. yeah, I hate that THAT changed and they went away. I miss making out at a drive in.... there was always cold pop nearby after all that kissin! Now, I gotta find some deserted road, or behind large chain stores strip mall and the cops ALWAYS seem to find me AFTER the windows are all steemed up!
tounge.gif
Is that too much info?

Seems regular movies are changing too: not as many LARGE screens, too many smaller ones, and everybody RENTS videos now, but I still go to movies and pay too much, because I enjoy the excursion: sitting in padded rows of seats with lots of other people, eating fresh buttery popcorn, seeing it on a large, LARGE screen

You guys are right: toilets, and most burger joints still taste the same - burgers vary by region though, just a little. AZ McD's taste different that IA McD's

I guess the Earth and sky hasn't changed too much, except it fries your skin more thanks to farting cows and areosol spray cans.

To me, morals haven't changed, but the rest of the world has, so now I am a dinosaur. Not trying to start anything here [moralCOUGHcorruption] ;)

sad.gif

We don't have any here...the last one closed up just after I graduated from high school back in '88
sad.gif

I'm sure it's not as nice as the huge theaters of today, but there was something so cool about watching a horror flick from a car!  
biggrin.gif
I think there is one near me in Lexington, VA.

sad.gif

sad.gif

sad.gif

biggrin.gif
I think there is one near me in Lexington, VA.
Road trip! But will it be the same on a Busa?
rock.gif
laugh.gif

sad.gif

engines: umm, lets see direct injection, thats new, hybrids a common sight, thats new, E85 (flexfuel) vehicles, thats new, yeah, so sure the common 4 cycle process hasnt gone away, but how many variable intake/ and variable cam motors were around 35 years ago, or how about 6 cylinders that crank out 300+ horses from the factory, i would say suck squeeze bang blow has come a long way....

-WHEELMAN
Wait WAIT!!! And should I mention that my car has no pistons, no reciprocating mass, and an engine with only 3 moving parts?

That's different.

Back