The mileage log contest-birds take flight

What ? thought you liked the bike .
As a 1 up bike it was actually ok but 2up it was dismal way undersprung, guys on the Versys forums had spent $ on Ohlins/Nitron/Wilburs out back and springs up front for marginal results only, was'nt prepared to spend up for average improvemants so cut my losses. The V1k had preload up front , re bound RHS only and no compression, the rear pre load and rebound - id known about this before.

No bike.... in lockdown.... what’s next? A BMW R1200GSA? . . . .
One good thing about not having a bike is not having to look at it and not being able to ride during this lockdown.
Im looking out for a used 1200 tenere hopefully a Gen2 as it has updated CCT, clutch basket and mapping.
The Beemer is outta my price range, for that money you can buy a new ES Tenere.

One good thing about not having a bike is not having to look at it and not being able to ride during this lockdown.
Im looking out for a used 1200 tenere hopefully a Gen2 as it has updated CCT, clutch basket and mapping.
The Beemer is outta my price range, for that money you can buy a new ES Tenere.
Hey, bikes will probably be banned after this ‘lockdown’ moves into its next stage.
We will all be lucky if the economy doesnt collapse to the point that we all get put on a ‘universal income’. :confused:

Hey, bikes will probably be banned after this ‘lockdown’ moves into its next stage.
We will all be lucky if the economy doesnt collapse to the point that we all get put on a ‘universal income’. :confused:
Yeah who knows if we have jobs at the end of all this, the sensible side of my brain says 'hold onto your bike money you might need it' the other side says 'nah keep looking' :D

The company i work for (Hexion) are US based so im watching carefully to the goings on over there, altho we are separated from their tit there will be consequences.

Yeah who knows if we have jobs at the end of all this, the sensible side of my brain says 'hold onto your bike money you might need it' the other side says 'nah keep looking' :D

The company i work for (Hexion) are US based so im watching carefully to the goings on over there, altho we are separated from their tit there will be consequences.
I think the economy will bounce back with a vengeance after the lock down eases...

I know you guys cant ride so i'm riding for you .

RJ in SL.JPG

Ah Bill just go into drift mode ;) When in doubt gas it !

I went sideways once when I gave it a little go...as it was the first time I was on the bike since Oct...I surely didn't want to drop it and ruin my season....I can wait although it sure felt good to be on it...

New tires feel good although I just idled it along...

I put 6 kms on today...went around the block but as there is a lot of sand on the roads, I put it back in the garage....

Between having new tires, cold pavement and lots of fine stones and sand, it was a touchy ride...
Yeah lots of sand here as well. Have to wait for more rains to wash it away, especially in the corners

Back