The Lucy turbo build, and testing

I pulled the clutch out that it came with and it looked brand new. I posted a few pics a couple posts up.

So I just changed the springs as those were the only parts that looked original. I’m going to check what numbers I can get off the fibers and see if they’re OEM. If they are, then I’m betting it’s the stack height. If that’s okay, I’ll put one of those un-street-able boost clutches on it. :lol::lol:
I said it once and ill say it again.... ANYTHING that relies on an air system is a PITA.... Carolina regulators/the best solenoids.... put a titanium gold coated regulator and clamp on allllll the air lines and around allll the regulators.... I don't care what u do...... at some point ull have a problem with the air system...….. and a clutch that somewhat relies on air pressure just seems......…...…………. like added complexity.

4th gear is right about 1:1, so that gives the most accurate torque readout. I’d you make a pull say in 3rd, the torque will read significantly higher, and HP lower because of gear reduction. Another reason although I don’t have this problem on my dyno, is 4th gear loads the engine down enough that turbos respond like they would going down the road.

Depending how how the bike is geared I can make pulls in 4th up to about 430hp. After that, traction usually starts becoming an issue, so then I’ll make pulls in 5th. On really big power stuff I’ve even had to use 6th a few times.
Thank-you Boosted. That explains a lot

Reactions: c10
I said it once and ill say it again.... ANYTHING that relies on an air system is a PITA.... Carolina regulators/the best solenoids.... put a titanium gold coated regulator and clamp on allllll the air lines and around allll the regulators.... I don't care what u do...... at some point ull have a problem with the air system...….. and a clutch that somewhat relies on air pressure just seems......…...…………. like added complexity.
Did your arm floaties as a kid almost drown you for you to have so much animosity towards air? :lol: :beerchug:

If you get down to it, the assembly itself is less complex then a multistage, and easier to tune if you need it to slip for drag racing.

From my experience anything that’s rolled in to my shop with some sort of air issue always comes down to one of two thing. Installer error, or crappy components used. It’s extremely noticeable on stored air set ups (Co2, nitrous) then when using manifold pressure for boost control, or clutches.

You can ask anyone that I’ve installed one of those clutches on the bike if they would give it up for a multi stage, they’ll all tell you the same answer. Hell no.

And until you’ve experienced one yourself, perhaps you restrain yourself before beating the gen2 clutch drum. I’ve owned and raced every clutch out there. I feel there’s nothing better for street use. And I’ll find out on my grudge bike if it’s up to full race duty as well.

Did your arm floaties as a kid almost drown you for you to have so much animosity towards air? :lol: :beerchug:

If you get down to it, the assembly itself is less complex then a multistage, and easier to tune if you need it to slip for drag racing.

From my experience anything that’s rolled in to my shop with some sort of air issue always comes down to one of two thing. Installer error, or crappy components used. It’s extremely noticeable on stored air set ups (Co2, nitrous) then when using manifold pressure for boost control, or clutches.

You can ask anyone that I’ve installed one of those clutches on the bike if they would give it up for a multi stage, they’ll all tell you the same answer. Hell no.

And until you’ve experienced one yourself, perhaps you restrain yourself before beating the gen2 clutch drum. I’ve owned and raced every clutch out there. I feel there’s nothing better for street use. And I’ll find out on my grudge bike if it’s up to full race duty as well.
.. Where are all these customer testomonials???? we need company...… im half jokin as u probably know.... but u need to tell these customers about the org and join us.

Hi. Please keep us up to date. As I am looking in to clutches for LSR/street bike/drag bike drags is just for fun. I am working on getting new classes for street legal big HP bikes like alt123 bike. More info if you want to know. My #508-496-5680.

Ive seen those boost clutches used on street bikes that made 500+ hp. the only time ive seen them have an issue was when the stack height was a bit low. i wish they were available for my zx12r, thought about making them more than once, but its not as easy with the cable setup.

On your bike the throw out mechanism is on the clutch cover itself isn’t it?

Hi. Please keep us up to date. As I am looking in to clutches for LSR/street bike/drag bike drags is just for fun. I am working on getting new classes for street legal big HP bikes like alt123 bike. More info if you want to know. My #508-496-5680.

Boost clutch all the way. You don’t need to touch it at all for most of those uses. If you’re drag racing then the use of an ams to give you the desired amount of slip would be necessary. But seeing as it going to be big power I’d assume you’d have an ams so that’s not a big deal. I’d strongly suggest a ams2k. Boost by speed on the street when you’re making big power has proven to be a great way to laid down more power on the street then ever before.

Hey Man, I've had an air comp/tank/shifter and all that poop on my gen1 for 15 years now and have had No problems. Just tested it the other day and everything's fine. I guess I'm lucky!

Hey Man, I've had an air comp/tank/shifter and all that poop on my gen1 for 15 years now and have had No problems. Just tested it the other day and everything's fine. I guess I'm lucky!
I DUNNO.... some people never had a condom break either..... buuuuuuut…. knock on wood.... as they say
But it doesn’t matter if you use gold plated titanium lines and connectors though... :laugh::beerchug:
I might wanna copyright these ideas so nobody steals them.:popcorn:

I DUNNO.... some people never had a condom break either..... buuuuuuut…. knock on wood.... as they say

☠☠☠☠☠☠☠

Just like anything else on these bikes. It takes the right parts installed and set up correctly, and you usually don’t have any issues.

I religiously forget to shut the Co2 in my race car. I’ve never had a bottle leak down.

I've had the CO2 system on my bike stay pressurized for 2 months at a time. And I can't afford to gold plate a damn thing......
how long have u been dealing with co2 systems? 5 yrs? 10 yrs? never an air shifter issue probably either...….. or a flat tire... u guys are amongst a rare breed.

how long have u been dealing with co2 systems? 5 yrs? 10 yrs? never an air shifter issue probably either...….. or a flat tire... u guys are amongst a rare breed.
I had an air shifter problem once. Self inflicted. I used the wrong regulator and it would freeze and then shut because I was using nitrous.

I’ve never had to deal with problematic and dangerous air in a motorcycle tire. I fill mine with gen 2 mtc multi stage clutches.

Hi. And THANK YOU. I will be using the MAXX Race ecu. Are you a dealer for them? Have you ever used one?
I tuned a right hand drive R32 skyline with one. Hands down the best value on the market, and a really great ecu.

Honestly you’re throwing your money away with a race ecu. You’re paying more money for still you won’t use. Like auto trans support, extra ignition and injector outputs.

I’d get the sport. Same amount of inputs and outputs as the race. The sport will only run 6cyls vs 8, and it won’t run an auto trans... which you don’t need anyways.

On your bike the throw out mechanism is on the clutch cover itself isn’t it?
yes, I drew up a hollow air cylinder, but never made it. the cover would need to be spaced out like a typical lock up for it to work, so kinda defeats half of the purpose of going with it in the first place. i like the anderson/nlr busa version that doesnt poke out of the fairing. my street 12 dynoed at 304sae with 3 hd springs. i ended up putting in 4 just in case it tried to slip in 6th. its a little heavy to pull, where a regular or air lock up would be nicer on the hand, but ill make due. prefer the stealth look of nothing poking out :)

Back