The loaner...

Looks good, but looks alone were never enough for me
wink.gif

I'm familiar with the Outer Banks (beachy) but damn is it illegal to have grass down there?  Looks like the IRAQ front yard package deal.
Funny you mention that, OE..  The guy next door had his sprinkler system running non-stop to cater to the "yard" they had..  I asked my wife, "does sand grow if you water it regularly?"

BUSAFETT
laugh.gif
I should have said up there since I'm in FL. But I have a few friends that live in local beach communities and yes grass is spotty at best because yards are almost non-existent (extreme close proximity housing).

What can I say I'm a yard guy...I like my grass green, cut and neat. That yard alone would depreciate my house by 15%.

Ok, you should have known better than to put a picture on this site and not make sure to review any possibility of a trash can and a Hardley being in the same picture...
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
That was great.... Had to go back to the pic and look. The guys here do not let anything slip by.

biggrin.gif

Dude...seriously. Go sit quietly and watch PBS until you feel better. Harley's are best left alone in the garage to break down.

They don't go, stop or turn anywhere near acceptable levels. Put the skullcap down and back away slowly.

I'm stoned at the moment and i still can't accept this thread in a seriouse mannor....cause....rent or bought?...a hardleys still a hardley.

Well, as I had to tell another friend, it was the only bike dealer in the area that I saw.. Had I seen a Zuk dealer, my fate would have been different.
biggrin.gif

BUSAFETT

Come on now, it is what it is. A cruiser/tourer. Why make any comparisons to a Busa. That's just silly. If it was liquid cooled, I'd have one. My Nomad is liquid cooled, that's what sold me on it. But it is a boat anchor....heavy, but you can ride that sucker every day, all day. Comfortable with the Mustang seat, but it is no Busa!

good for you admitting you tried it.

Atleast now u can speak from expirience.
cool.gif

Well it did ride nice on the beach roads where the speeds kept changing from 55-45-35-25 and back up.  But the thing that kept bugging me was, the engine sounded like a riding tractor engine to me.  Must be b/c I'm tuned to that fine WHINE of my Busa.

It also didn't handle as well on turns as my Busa (duh), but for that type of setting and laid-back atmosphere, it was a nice change (just as Justntym mentioned).

The thing is, I could see myself getting bored with it pretty quickly.  It got alot of looks going down the road, but I guess it was just the typical Harley-addiction from others out there.

I hate sounding like I didn't like the bike, b/c it was a nice ride.  I'm just one of those folks who isn't happy unless he's strapped to an ICBM.  
biggrin.gif

BUSAFETT
The reason it sounded like a tractor was because the v-twin engine is based on a tractor.

The Softail ain't a busa and isn't supposed to be.

I got both and ride both different yes both nice to ride you betcha.

Back