The Legality of Radar Detectors in Military Bases

Do you agree, or disagree that Radar Detectors are Illegal in Military Bases?

• I Agree

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I Disagree

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • I'm Neutral On My Opinion

Votes: 6 27.3%

• Total voters

usmc1775

Registered
Do you agree or disagree with the United States Federal Law that Radar Detectors are Illegal in Military Bases? I personally disagree that Radar Detectors are Illegal in Military Bases. I think Military Personal should have the right to have Radar Detectors. They are legal in Civilian places, why not Military Bases?

Simply put, because you are asking to be a part of the Military - and as such you waive several of your "rights". You need to read the Enlistment Document very carefully...

Yeah, but it is kind of wierd how you are defending for the freedoms of people, but you can't enjoy from those freedoms.:unhappy:

Anyways, it's Veterans Day, and I want to thank you for your service, Marine!:thumbsup:

Thank you.

Just curious as to how a radar detector constitutes an aspect of freedom?

Also, not enjoying some of the freedoms is part of the sacrifice of service.

They give a false sense of security to some anyway. I write lots of speeding tickets to folks with radar detectors. I reduce almost all my tickets, but have worked with some guys that always wrote full tilt for those with detectors under the premise that they intended to break the law.

I am neutral on this issue. The detectors I have used in the past were really just a novelty for me. I got wrote for 150.00 for going 5 over one time simply because I had detector. I dont use them anymore.

Honstely being a marine myself i dont really feel the need for a radar on base, after i cut out from work its RARE i am even near base. 7yrs in and ive never had a problem on base and its usually pretty busy on base so it more than likely safer with out them giving people comfort to haul arse around base.

i dont see the need for the use on any military base. really most bases speed limits don't exceed 45 mph anyway. the way i was taught... if you're early you're on time, if you're on time you're late, and if you're late don't bother showing up..

Back