The Hayabusa

2012freebird

Registered
You know the Hayabusa is a bad animal, when everyother video on Youtube is running a Hayabusa against something else. Whether it be a car, bike, rocket, highly modified car, jet airplane, etc. . . The Hayabusa is truely an Icon in the gearhead world (cars/motorcycles). Its funny how people who are not even in the motorcycling world have heard the name Hayabusa. I can honestly admit, the attention from people I get about the bike is almost as much fun as riding it, lol. Lots of questions, comments, double takes, being stared at as I ride past, lol, etc. I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about. Unfortunately, I bought mine at the age of 48. . . I dont ride it like it was designed to be. Heck, I have 4,000 miles on it and its never seen redline in 3rd! Its not that I cant handle it, as I have owned 12 bikes some of which were very fast also. Its just a different time in my life. This is my ferrari, lol. And I will continue to ride it until I physically can not hold it up or see well enough. I'm glad I got the chance to own one. Its a blast!

Amen, I know how you feel. Almost 54 years young and have twisted mine twice since 2004 and what a rush. Different time in my life as well and the bike is well respected. Keep on rolling my friend!

Everything you said plus, my girl rides the exact same bike as I do. That REALLY gets the comments. People are like YOU ride THAT...to her. I just let her field all the questions.

40 next year here and glad to hear I'm not alone in wanting to keep 'hyper-sporting' now that I'm, ahem, middle-aged. :laugh: Friends are all switching over to cruisers and I'm starting to feel like the last holdout.

Gonz

I'm 50 and still hit redline and power wheelie occasionally... Every once and a while, I just like to be reminded that I'm riding more power than I'll ever really need! :bowdown:

It is really an icon and I love riding one. This last winter I finally got mine painted and this summer I extended +6. About three weeks after I did it I had a lady follow me across town just to tell me I had an awesome looking bike and I looked good on it. Well I felt awesome for the next couple of days :laugh:

Everything you said plus, my girl rides the exact same bike as I do. That REALLY gets the comments. People are like YOU ride THAT...to her. I just let her field all the questions.

Same here... I bought a busa as my first bike 8 years ago... girlfriend wanted to ride, I asked her what she wanted... she said a Busa... so since I couldn't be a hypocrite, I got her one. Taught her on a 600, and than let her go.

She gets the same reaction... I just chuckle and walk away... :thumbsup:

I'm 65 and retired, and on my second Hayabusa. I've been riding for over 40 years, and rode police motors for half the time I worked for the local police department. There's a couple of others on here older than me.

You know the Hayabusa is a bad animal, when everyother video on Youtube is running a Hayabusa against something else. Whether it be a car, bike, rocket, highly modified car, jet airplane, etc. . . The Hayabusa is truely an Icon in the gearhead world (cars/motorcycles). Its funny how people who are not even in the motorcycling world have heard the name Hayabusa. I can honestly admit, the attention from people I get about the bike is almost as much fun as riding it, lol. Lots of questions, comments, double takes, being stared at as I ride past, lol, etc. I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about. Unfortunately, I bought mine at the age of 48. . . I dont ride it like it was designed to be. Heck, I have 4,000 miles on it and its never seen redline in 3rd! Its not that I cant handle it, as I have owned 12 bikes some of which were very fast also. Its just a different time in my life. This is my ferrari, lol. And I will continue to ride it until I physically can not hold it up or see well enough. I'm glad I got the chance to own one. Its a blast!
Your much too old to be riding a busa. Wait, my son is 43 and I still ride one. Nevermind!:laugh:

I'm 46 and I just got my Busa last month. It's a 2008, lowered and stretched +6. I've had small cruisers in the past (Suzuki Intruder 800 and Harley Sportster 883). I've wanted to try a Busa for years and finally took the plunge and road one and was hooked. I plan to keep it and ride it till I can't physically do it anymore.

This is my first Busa...I wish I hadn't waited until I was 47. That said...I'm just starting to get into racing and getting the most out of it, you're never too old to go fast....REALLY fast :)

Back