The hayabusa racing team!

Charlesbusa

Used to be a SoCal Busa
Donating Member
Registered
The RadBusa is a (modified hayabusa)GSX1661R with 256hp, 143 ft/lbs, and weighs 375lbs. It set a top speed record at Brainard International Speedway of 200.8mph(1.1 GPS correction factor, actual radar of 199.7mph). That's on a track that it got that fast on. You can buy a RadBusa GSX1500R Type S with 200+hp depending on 2,3,4 or 6mm larger pistons. It has lights/mirrors and is street legal. It starts at $55,000.00. You can see more at www.teamhayabusa.com.

As you can see, the RadBusa GSX1661R is my new avatar. Here's a bigger look.

RadBusa2.jpg

WHOOO LORDY!!! Fuggin sick, bro! If I had that kinda money, I would definitely love to have one.

Ever heard of the Yoshimura Hayabusa X-1? Equally sweet, but I don't know if it's that fast.

BTW....do you know if they have any model kits for those? Ya know, like the little ones?

I think Sledhead saw it at Brainard last year. He gave me a t-shirt of it. The thing has wings on it that can be removed.

Don't know if they make models of it. But if they do I'd love to have one!!
cool.gif

hmm...looks like I'm off to google to track some down. I'll let ya know if I find any....

yep....got to meet the guys at BIR last year. Great bunch of guys. They had a carbon fiber one made up also. Here's the pics.

rad.jpg

if you look close at the last pic notice that it had a rear facing camera with the display on the both sides of the fairing. You can see me in the display taking the picture. Cool huh???

I kept an eye out for the RadBusa at Laguna, but I guess it wasn't there. Wish I had a few tens of thousands of dollars to spare. Imagine what people would think when you pull up on that.
biggrin.gif

The RadBusa is no longer allowed to compete due to the new engine size rule. Thats why the bike was for sale on Ebay a few months ago.

The busa was only competitive on the tracks with the long straights like BIR. The new formula extreme may allow it back but we'll see. It was funny watching the Busa get spanked in the tight corners and they blow by everyone who just passed it when it came to the straights. back and forth, back and forth.

Back