the hard times we face

dentonbusa

Registered
the last 2months, 1st my only child a 13 yr old son has been diagnosed with a heart disease, hypertrophic cardiomyopathy it was caught early but since it is a rare disease the doctors won't say much about what to expect long term so as of now being treated with meds no more sports or strenous activties glad i went to all games and his practices football,basketball mainly . 2nd, a very close friend of 15yrs commited suicide by hanging himself i never knew the deep problems he had the man always had a smile and acted happy come to find out he had marital and financial troubles my friend was 40yrs old. 3rd,i left my job of 16yrs and 4mons.(auto painter)to go and work at a mercedes & toyota dealership(auto painter)reason being benefits,health insur,retirement,closer communte a week ago today after 7 months of employment they discharged me i missed 4hrs of work in that 7 months had a doctors excuse i guess i made an enemy somehow. so on the bright side the wife has been letting me take her to work on the busa to save gas money. i am glad that i made extra payments on the busa my son has a doctors app. long drive weather permitting we will take the busa he is all for the ride.

Dang man. sorry to hear all that.
Good luck to you!

life is like photography, We develop from the negatives

Whoa. that's allot to deal with. How you holdin up man?
I got to believe with your experience and paint / body skill there is another good employment opportunity for you soon. Just remember dont say anything negative about the last employer to new perspective ones.
Hope your kids getting the best treatment, hows he dealing with his condition?
Hang on bro and just put one foot in front of the other right now. Focus on short term goals like employment and caring for your family and dont worry too much about the long term stuff. Ya got enough on your plate right now.

I know you have Probably Hear this Before but when GOD closes one Door, another is ALLWAYS opened. !!!!!!!!! Hang in there and AllWAYS TRUST THE ALLMIGHTY !!!!

and my biggest worry at the moment is whether my bike will be done at the powder coaters tommorow so i can go to bike night. hang in there and thanks for putting things into perspective for me

Believe things will get better and do your best in the meantime. Hope the best for you sooner than later. Please hang in there.

well a good paint body man can always get work... maybe time to start looking for your own gig? or a small shop you can star at?

to bad it cost so much to open those shops today..

I know you have Probably Hear this Before but when GOD closes one Door, another is ALLWAYS opened. !!!!!!!!! Hang in there and AllWAYS TRUST THE ALLMIGHTY !!!!
+1! Prayers sent to you and your family Denton!
thumb_up.gif

My life was some what like yours is now. I wondered if I was ever going to get past getting kicked in the teeth by others, lost job, a huge stack of bills and family problems. I often wondered if things would get better for I and my family. At the time I could not see any good coming from all my problems. Now years later I see they were all the road needed to get where I am today. Things are great now and I would not be here with out the things I had to go through back then. I sounds like you have a great wife to, I found my wife to be a great source of strength when times were bad.
Bosshound is right on the money, good luck my friend, were all pulling for you!

Hang tough, man. Hope everything works out. Of course, keep us posted.

--Wag--

Whoa. that's allot to deal with. How you holdin up man?
I got to believe with your experience and paint / body skill there is another good employment opportunity for you soon. Just remember dont say anything negative about the last employer to new perspective ones.
Hope your kids getting the best treatment, hows he dealing with his condition?
Hang on bro and just put one foot in front of the other right now. Focus on short term goals like employment and caring for your family and dont worry too much about the long term stuff. Ya got enough on your plate right now.
+1 Hang in there bro, keep God in your heart, pray for guidance and know that he will never abandon you...were here should you need us.
peace.gif

Hang in there man. Hit the bricks and get another job. Things will be ok. I hope your son will be ok. I think of all your bad luck the child thing would bother me the most. Keep your head up.

Hang in there man. Hit the bricks and get another job. Things will be ok. I hope your son will be ok. I think of all your bad luck the child thing would bother me the most. Keep your head up.

Keep your head up, things happen for a reason. But i'm sorry to hear that you are going through all of this...

I understand completely how things seem like the world can be against you. I feel that way sometimes. Juli will chew on my butt and make me feel better. I will be praying for your son. Bogus is right, you shouldnt have any issues finding another job with your skills, and your own shop sounds nice if you can swing it. We are only limited by our imagination, dream a little my friend. Live every day like it is your last, we never know, tell your family love them every day and dont take them for granted.

Now the good news!
You have 18,000 + members of Hayabusa.org that care about you and your family. If you want to stay in the bodyshop business it should not be hard for you to find another job with as much experience as you have. Perhaps it's time to look for some other type of work. After all, working around all the paint and chemicals can't be the best for YOUR health. I made a career change the first of the year after 20+ years in the car business, and I couldn't be happier! Anything the org members can help you with right now? Hang in there brother, things will get better! Saying a prayer for your son's health.
please.gif

Hang tough, Man. We're all catching hell. It will just make you stronger. Keep your head up, and do what you have to do!
Prayers to your son and family.

Yo! Hang tough...Check this out; A friend in somewhat similar straights opened his own small shop and only does high end painting for big money guys, like painting cars that are auctioned at Barret-Jackson in Las Vegas(?) He and one helper just did my buddies '37 coup he took it down to bear metal with some body work and charged him 7.5 grand. There was a GT500 in there last week, and a split window '63 vette behind it. I think another qualified guy could do the same thing. Our friend was painting in his garage until he got the shop and paint booth. Word of mouth keeps hin very busy. Good luck.

Back