The fastest bikes by decade

I was gonna mention this one, but it only got a note:

Note: The Vincent Black Shadow broke 125 mph (201 km/h) in 1949 and was not surpassed for 24 years, until the 1973 KawasakiZ1.

I wish I had. I bought the so called fastest production bike KZ650. It was bad, I beat all the Honda 750's. That's when I learned about classes of bikes. The 900's, 1000's, and new GS 1100, ran me down at the trap. I could hear them coming the entire 1/8th mile I use to run every Thursday night at Hudson Dragstrip in Hudson, N.C. :laugh:

Paid $1700.00 new,

Thanks for sharing that link, was just thinking a little about motorcycle history, and some of the early performance machines...seems like when I was just a kid, in the early-mid 70`s, that the KZ750`s & 1000`s were the fast machines,

Thanks for sharing that link, was just thinking a little about motorcycle history, and some of the early performance machines...seems like when I was just a kid, in the early-mid 70`s, that the KZ750`s & 1000`s were the fast machines,

Yeah, they ruled for many years

I'm arguing with them currently on Facebook! :D
All in good humor anyway.. :whistle:

actually i think it was beat a couple weeks back. my father in law was telling me about it.

Back