The effects of Hurricane Sandy on the Election

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
With over 4 million people without power already and only 8 days to go this could throw a serious monkey wrench into the process no? What are the chances of everyone who's gonna be affected by this to be back to normal and be able to vote in a week? If only 10% are left without the means that's 400,000 people complaining. This event could be the beginning of serious controversy.

Can they delay or push back voting deadline one day, two days or more for folks who may miss the opp or is that it done on Tuesday?

Well it would seem we should all be use to all the sucking and blowing leaving a trail of destruction in it's wake.

Sounds like normal campaign business. :whistle:

I've been curious about this also Blanca. It seems like there would be some contingency plan for these situations. I did hear a report on the news that said election officials are expecting to be up and running. Not that it matters if no one can get there.

I have a feeling it hurts the President more than the challenger. Not sure the legality, but if the President called for a weeks delay, Romney needs to IMMEDIATELY AGREE. Either way it reinforces the election process, and people will remember that Romney supported it even if it might cost him. Fighting it would appear petty and not help.

i would agree skydivr, would look pretty bad if Romney didnt agree rather quickly

may the best liar win---

I don't necessarily believe either of them are liars; both men believe in their noble causes. I think the REAL problem is US the electorate; We can't handle the truth of what really needs to be said by both sides. The truth is we need to CUT SPENDING/SHRINK GOVERMENT/REDUCE ENTITLEMENTS and MODERATELY RAISE TAXES (on EVERYBODY) in order to step back from the abyss, but neither party can admit to BOTH because it would be party suicide.

I don't necessarily believe either of them are liars; both men believe in their noble causes. I think the REAL problem is US the electorate; We can't handle the truth of what really needs to be said by both sides. The truth is we need to CUT SPENDING/SHRINK GOVERMENT/REDUCE ENTITLEMENTS and MODERATELY RAISE TAXES (on EVERYBODY) in order to step back from the abyss, but neither party can admit to BOTH because it would be party suicide.

Well said my friend!

the people that actually give a chit about the future of this country will find a way to get to their local voting booths and vote. its like a whole week away.

the rest who were simply voting cause they think its a "Popularity contest" and want to vote for someone that looks like they do both white and black are useless voters imo.

will it hurt Obama more then Romney? not really cause the blue states in this part of the country are not swing states and Obama is way ahead in those states.

Back