The Duck Rides A Falcon In Vermont

TIMMYDUCK

Head Woodchuck
Donating Member
Registered
Hello all, I have been sniffing around the board seeing whats what, and I would just like to announce the arrival of a very healthy
2003 Black/ Silver GSX1300RK3 to the family today.
It is an incredible machine.
I have found out reading the threads that the knowledge here is overwhelming.
I have serviced all my bikes since I was a teenager and was a little intimidated by the Busa, but after 2 readings of the service manual, and what I have seen here. I hope to maintain it and improve it in the fashion it deserves.
First question !!
Whats up with the mirrors ?
I would have to cross my arms to ever see anything behind me.
I am 6'1" and fairly broad shoulder
what is a good replacement?
Tim

get the 1" mirror spacers, or simply speed up a little bit.

when you are going 130mph, you dont need to look in the rear view mirror

Mike

I personally know 3 racers that got 100 miles on their busa, then took it to the straight track. I wouldn't worry too much about breakin, except get a couple thousand miles on her before using synthetic oil.

Regarding the mirrors, I have narrow shoulders, and have to move my head side to side to see around myself. Get used to it.

Congrats on the bouncing baby busa!!
biggrin.gif

Try to come down and play April 27 @ Marcus Dairy in Danbury CT>. Some of us will be meeting in Worcester

Welcome to the Board!!!! And yes try the mirror spacers they should do the trick. Congrats on the new arrival!!!!

Congrats on the bike. Haven't seen you around in a while. Enjoying the snow up there? I am 6 ft and I can't see out of the mirrors, but that is always the way with sportbikes.

Welcome to the board. You definitly got yourself the best looking colors out there. enjoy and ride safe.

Congrats on the new arrival. You never mentioned whether it was a boy or girl though. Just remember to have him circumcised if it's a boy. If it's a girl, you'll just have to figure that one out on your own.
laugh.gif

Brian

Back