The difference between Hyper & Super

Italian Trev

Registered
As it's 1st service time I've had the pleasure of getting a loan bike for 24hrs while my oil gets changed and my Yoshi gets installed  
cool.gif

With the choice being between a B-King/GSXR1000 or GSXR600 I opted for the litre bike as it was one of the options that I considered before deciding on the Busa.

With some enthusiasm and a little trepidation (this is the Daddy of the Super Sports category after all) I flicked it in to A Mode and headed off. Taking an afternoon off work enabled me to get in some serious miles over some serious roads (A/bahns included for all those top speed freaks)

Here it is - quite pretty don't you think?  
heart.gif

GSXR1000_00123.jpg

You got a loaner bike while yours was in the shop? Wish they did that here.
beerchug.gif

I'm jealous. You have an excellent dealer to allow that.

My dealer would laugh at me if I asked to borrow a liter bike for the day - and I've bought something like 12 bikes there throughout the years.

ya a loaner bike is unheard of in the states, and they don't care how many miles you put on it. And i thought my dealer was good.

Ok - let's talk about ergonomics - this Baby is smalllllll
rock.gif

In fact the Busa feels like an arm-chair in comparison.
laugh.gif

My back was beginning to ache and I'd only brought it 5miles to my home.

GSXR1000_00700.jpg

So far COMFORT : Busa 1 GSXR 0

Clocks - in my opinion they look very 90s and very spartan - absence of a clock means it ; Busa 2 GSXR 0

GSXR1000_00300.jpg

Ok - my run took in about 40kms of Autobahn to begin with. Immediately it's apparent that this baby has one smokin engine
bowdown.gif
Def a bit buzzier compared to the Busa - you need to rev it harder but it still comfortably arrived at an indicated 175mph before I was in danger of being blown off the top of it! Main reason being - THERE IS NOOOO WIND PROTECTION AT ALL. Tall guys def need not apply (including myself here)

Autobahns - Busa is a clear winner - better wind protection, smoother engine and a more relaxed feel about it all. 6k rpm on a Busa gives an indicated 110mph compared to 95mph for the GSXR.

So far Busa 3 GSXR 0

Superb brakes and obviously a LOT of lbs less makes this one mean handling bike
cool.gif

Busa's brakes seems wooden by comparison - dread to think of how bad the pre-k8s were but comapred to this baby the Busa wouldn't stand a chance in the braking stakes
thumb_down.gif

So far ; Busa 3 GSXR 1

GSXR1000_02300.jpg

dang, if I could get a loaner bike, I would have my bike serviced by the dealer every chance I got... be worth every penny to get to sport a different bike every now and then... $100 oil change? fine by me
smile.gif

Overall Verdict

The GSXR is a superb bike
thumb_up.gif

It's fast, stops well and on a track it'd be the bike to have. For me it's not in my garage as it's uncomfortable, has zero wind protection, no steering lock and just is too focused for what I want.

Horses for courses but I won't be regretting handing it back tomorrow. My back,hips and wrists will be glad too
laugh.gif

That's all folks

GSXR1000_01300.jpg

can you get your oil changed again next week and report on the Bee?
laugh.gif

Dear Trevor

Thanks for the report and the images!

The bike looks like a pit bike with you on it.

This is no joke: I sat on the 2008 GSXR1000 with both feet on the pegs, sat on the 'Busa, and then bought the 'Busa later in the day. That GSXR felt so cramped compared to the 'Busa. I'm six feet tall and weigh 270 pounds.

Thanks again for the report!

beerchug.gif
I need to move! LOL.
BTW, I can still see the clovers on yer pucks! What's up with that?
whistling.gif

Def a bit buzzier compared to the Busa - you need to rev it harder but it still comfortably arrived at an indicated 175mph before I was in danger of being blown off the top of it!
Dear Trevor & Friends

It's a wonder that bike would do 175mph with that big, honking license plate on the back!

With a good tail wind, that huge plate might propel you past 250mph!

Hehe.

Back