The Devil Inside

markhurd101

Registered
Guys!

Hello, i have been gone for awhile due to a detached retina from one of my fights in GA. That said, i am back on the BEAST and I am about to get the Marchisini (hope I spelled it right) rims put on, but I am torn about the tire size to get! I want to get the Michalin 2CT Road 190/55, but my track buddy says get the 180/55 instead! I plan on doing the Texas mile this year on the same set up once i get the new rims, so I am in need of some sage advice with this one! Greg if you are still out there give me some input, and anyone else out there please help me out! I am putting about 168 at the rear wheel right now and might be at 200 after the head work! I need some help cause I really do not know which way to go!?
sad.gif
rolleyes_extreme.gif

get pilot road 2!
using 190 for rear and it is good.
180 i will not go for it. anything that change the profile... i dun think the bike is mean to be...

after about a 2 hour search on the net, i am going with the 190/55 CT's. if i there is a better choice chime in!

What are you wanting out of your tire.  You mentioned a track buddy, but if you're getting the Road2s, I guessing you don't do trackdays.

If you're doing trackdays or agressive twisties, you want a bigger contact patch on the side of your tire vs the center of your tire.  So get the 190/55.

If you're not a knee dragger, then you'll be better off with a larger contact patch in the center than the side.  Like stock, go with 190/50.

Getting the Road2s in the 190/55 just seems like a screen door on a submarine.  Get 190/50 Road2s, or 190/55 PP2cts if you're staying michelin.  

I run trackdays and agressive twisties and my tire of choice is the BT002RS.  But don't look for 4-6000miles out of them.  I get less than a 1000 miles out of my tires  
winkold.gif
But then again I'd kill off the PP2cts just as fast...

Nevermind, I just checked Michelin's website and they don't make the Road2s in the 190/55 profile.  You probably meant 190/50 or Pilot POWER 2cts.  There is a big difference in that last number  
winkold.gif
 I was pretty sure screen doors didn't go on submarines    
poke.gif

So your choices are

180/55   Cheaper than 190/55
190/50   Bigger contact patch in the center
190/55   Bigger contact patch on the side

Guessing from what you typed up in your post, I think the 190/50 is the better choice for you.

What are you wanting out of your tire.  You mentioned a track buddy, but if you're getting the Road2s, I guessing you don't do trackdays.

If you're doing trackdays or agressive twisties, you want a bigger contact patch on the side of your tire vs the center of your tire.  So get the 190/55.

If you're not a knee dragger, then you'll be better off with a larger contact patch in the center than the side.  Like stock, go with 190/50.

Getting the Road2s in the 190/55 just seems like a screen door on a submarine.  Get 190/50 Road2s, or 190/55 PP2cts if you're staying michelin.  

I run trackdays and agressive twisties and my tire of choice is the BT002RS.  But don't look for 4-6000miles out of them.  I get less than a 1000 miles out of my tires  
winkold.gif
 But then again I'd kill off the PP2cts just as fast...
Charles do you run the 002's on the street? They do not recommend them for street use. I was just wondering since I am in the market for new tires and I plan to try the track day thing this year a few times.

1298318[/ATTACH] But then again I'd kill off the PP2cts just as fast...
Charles do you run the 002's on the street? They do not recommend them for street use. I was just wondering since I am in the market for new tires and I plan to try the track day thing this year a few times.
There can be some confusion,

there are the BT002 race tires
and the BT002RS trackday/hybrid tires

The BT002RS have very good warm up and would definitely be good for street use. Their grooves for rain though are small, so I wouldn't try them in the rain as a street tire.

Attachments

• winkold.gif
    winkold.gif
    453 bytes · Views: 29
dragon super corsas, it will have to look into those. Any thoughts on after market rims? getting ready to buy the marchisini forged aluminum.

Back