The Creation of a Grinch

bronc3

Registered
I have read on here about some of the wonderful Christmas gifts many of us have received for our bikes.Bah humbug,all I got was a fryer and a printer/scanner-also clothes and such.What's up with this?I have made my love of the Busa readily apparent to my loved ones,but it hasn't helped.All it would take would be a little research and VIOLA-a Busa gift!Of course my wish list is endless,from mild to wild.Better luck next year,I guess.........Am I just being an ungrateful -----?Congrats to those of you who got cool stuff!After I finish paying for all the cool stuff I bought for other's gifts,I guess I'll have to spend a little on myself.
rant.gif

No you are not un-greatful.  No you are not a Grinch!  Unless I am one also.  (Even though I am very much one, no kids so I don't have to share, and I don't particularly care for Christmas.)  I gave up on asking for anything bike related after the first year.  After all acording to the in-laws and the wife (These are the only people who I get gifts from.)  MOTORCYCLES ARE EVIL!!!!
devil.gif

devil.gif

devil.gif
 Not to mention dangerous!!!  What were you thinking?  I even tried to make it simple like, a gift certificate to MAW, Schnitz or somewhere.  Even cash would do.  But alas I suffer through every Christmas, birthday, I.E. any gift giving occasion with nothing I realy want.  With the exception of the occasional DVD.  In 12 years I have only gotten what I asked for from the wife one time.  A 4 piece Orvis Fly Rod.  If I hadden't pissed and moaned about it for 3 months I wouldn't have gotten it either.  So next year like every other I will just buy what I want for the bike through the year and if they don't like it..... TOO BAD!!!

Later,

Steve

<!--EDIT|Tree
Reason for Edit: None given...|1072910282 -->

devil.gif

devil.gif

Yeah, Getting gifts from loved ones can allways be mixed bag... Sometimes they hit the mark, other times they shoot a little wide. BUT and you all need to stick with me here, by and large we are healthy, we have a warm place to sleep, we have food to eat, we do not have bullets whizzing overhead (mostly anyway), we drive our cars or SUVs to work, we chit chat with co-workers about the latest sports diversion, we go back to our homes, eat the last of three or so meals of the day, and then curl up in our warm comfy beds and call it a day. We may sometimes bust out our sportbikes, and ride wherever we want, maybe to the bike shop to order some custom parts....
So uh yeah, I may not get what I want under a tree, but I have very little room to complain about it.
smile.gif

Dude I live on my BUSA!!! WHere do you live!!!! And its pretty cold out right now. I have a laptop under my hump. Thats how i communicate!!
AAAssjani.gif

Make a list bro,

I make a list about 2 months prior to Christmas. I even include part number, where they can get the item, what the cost is, and include either the contact phone number or e-mail site.

It has worked for me with great success, of course my wife rides, my son rides and my bro-inlaw rides, that helps.

Good luck next year.

Ride safe
eyes.gif

The wife said she's going to get me a new brain bucket as soon as we can get out together.

Got a cool ratcheting screwdriver set from my daughter, even used it 8 or 9 times already! My other daughter got me the Crusty Deamons of Dirt (1) DVD. It ain't all bad!

My two cents.. I am happy for whatever I get.. Whenever anyone asks me what I want for my birthday, or any other holliday all I tell them is a card and a "happy birthday" or "merry Christmas"
whatever the occasion.

For one, most of the stuff I want is too expensive (computer stuff, Haybausa stuff, Scuba driving stuff etc.) I dont have a hobby that does not cost lots of money.

I have two jobs, my first job all the money goes to the wife to take care of the house and family, my second job (which is a side business) is all mine, THAT is the money I use for my "toys"

So this year for example, I got clothes, one of which was a Hayabusa.org T-shirt my wife got for me, and my son got me a small Hayabusa model that hangs from the rear view mirror of my camaro.. I was totally happy with the stuff. I thought it was cool that they got me ANYTHING that had to do with a Hayabusa.

Heck I am just gratefull my wife even let me get the bike in the first place lol

one of my personal lessons in life, if you go through life never expecting anything from anyone, you will rarely be let down.

Uhhh just my two cents, going home now... I was able to ride my Busa into work today!! YEEAAAAHHHHH!!!!

Back