THe commute home

Suijuris

Registered
Well- I guess I'm as guilty as they come- Been running from SA to Austin for work this past few months-- and find myself cruising pretty fast. THe ole radar dectector really keeps em parked on the side of the road too!
as you know- traffic flow seems to have clusters of travellers--bunches of cagers clumped together, with large open road in between..
Sooo-- what do you think you do when you hit the open areas??? I'm all over it!!! And it really makes the commute short-- 35-40 minutes as compared to 1hr to 1:10.
I always thought it a possibility----GUess I ticked someone off friday evening.
the cop that stopped me in New Braunfels (after giving me a warning ticket) said that someone called in, and said there was a bike "Haulin Ass" on the highway. Well- guess I'll have to take heed to that.
Funny how he pulled me over-- even though I was passed by several cars- who didnt see him. My dectector went off-- and I was not speeding-- He really had no reason to detain me. Yeah- I go fast!!!! Who am I hurting? and what damage am I doing to anyone?
rock.gif

Does anyone else see my point that speeding and traffic control is a victimless crime-- A politically accepted con?
kinda felt profiled

I find myself "catching" the next group of cars in situations like that.

I tell myself its safer because I am not trapped in the group.

Someone could have been doing you a favor or just taking their bad day out on the guy having a good time.

Someone just upset. Who would call in a faster driver unless they were doing it recklessly? Just some ol biatch.

I think he gave you the warning to let you know to slow down and be careful. Personally I think he was looking out for you not looking for you. Take his advice and watch the road. People in cars tend to see bikers a wreckless because they can change lanes faster and maneuver better. Don't be upset with him.
beerchug.gif

(Suijuris @ Jun. 09 2007,12:28) Who am I hurting? and what damage am I doing to anyone?
rock.gif

Does anyone else see my point that speeding and traffic control is a victimless crime-- A politically accepted con?  
LEO's are here to not only protect us from others but also from ourselves. Look how many times you hear about the katz on death-row trying to commit suicide and still get rushed to the hospital.

The call came in and said you were "haulin'-ass". To us, that means somewhere around 160mph while to a cager that could mean half of that. Since the cops don't know just out fast you're going its better for them to check it out. It only takes a spilt second for a ~victimless~ crime to change its name.

Alot of cagers see riding fast as being
reckless but most riders are more aware
of whats going on around them then
most cagers will ever be i.e no cell phones,
screaming kids, make-up, news papers,
even saw a guy playing a guitar thursday
morning at 75mph

(NightCrawler @ Jun. 09 2007,13:42)
(Suijuris @ Jun. 09 2007,12:28) Who am I hurting? and what damage am I doing to anyone?
rock.gif

LEO's are here to not only protect us from others but also from ourselves. Look how many times you hear about the katz on death-row trying to commit suicide and still get rushed to the hospital.
I don't need anyone protecting me from myself, thank you. If I'm not endagering anyone else, it should be my right to endanger myself.

speed limits are merely suggestions anyway. i drive 3000+ miles per week (mostly above the limit) and get passed by lines of cars going at least 10 over.
I rode the busa from orlando to jax 2 weeks ago in 1.5 hours (approx 150 miles) and didn't see 1 leo. o well, maybe next time.

(BusaWhipped @ Jun. 09 2007,20:32)
(NightCrawler @ Jun. 09 2007,13:42)
rock.gif

I don't need anyone protecting me from myself, thank you.  If I'm not endagering anyone else, it should be my right to endanger myself.
+1
beerchug.gif

bullshoot just easy wayb for them to show authority,, instead of fightin real crime were criminals shoot to kill ,,, instead of normal tax payin citizen who craks the throttle once in a while heellll . big t rucks are more dangerous then my bike,,,if u want to be a big shot and wear a badge stop the real crime and dont fake it by stopin grandpa for speedin on his busa
super.gif
super.gif
super.gif
super.gif

super.gif

super.gif

super.gif

The cop that pulled me over was very respectful- and young- I KNOW that the way they are teaching our young officers is that they are there to DIRECT, us and SHOW us the right -lawful way- THAT is a change in this country that you don't feel-- YET-- are we truly free? I have no contempt for the officer that stopped me--
AS MY SCREEN NAME SUGGESTS---
SUI JURIS- OF HIS OWN RIGHT; possessing full social and civil rights: NOT under any legal disability, or power of another. or GUARDIANSHIP
As we all should realize WHO WE ARE!
and take responsibility for ourselves-- in every way. Think about it.

Or is it too late in this country for people to STOP relying on UNCLE SAM for all the answers-- and take responsibilty back.

rant.gif
but I digress-- I only popped it up to 140 or so-- IN THE CLEAR.

I will make this short because it looks as though my views are in the clear minority here. Things to consider;
*All L.E.O.'s aren't in love with power/authority. I don't want to be a "big shot".
*We don't get commission for tickets we write. I have never been asked to "go get some revenue for the city".
*Would you consider a speeder a "real criminal" once they ran into your family car and killed your family.
*When someone dies, it’s not a "victimless" crime. Yes, even if it's just you. Your family/friends will never be the same. It seems some are not be aware of just how many lives they affect in a positive way.
Consider that every action we take has consequences and we can't possibly see just how far reaching the effects are. Obviously, we all make poor choices on occasion. I just ask that when you, as I, have been called out on these decisions, realize that you are the one that made the conscious choice, and don't shift the blame elsewhere.

(Excerpt from news article)

The Honda rider was traveling at such a "very high speed", his reaction time was not sufficient enough to avoid this accident. Swedish Police estimate a speed of ~250 KM/h (155mph) before the bike hit the slow moving car side-on at an intersection. At that speed, they predicted that the rider's reaction time (once the vehicle came into view) wasn't sufficient enough for him to even apply the brakes. The car had two passengers and the bike rider was found INSIDE the car with them. The Volkswagen actually flipped over from the force of impact and landed 10 feet from where the collision took place.

All three involved (two in car and rider) were killed instantly. This graphic demonstration was placed at the Stockholm Motorcycle Fair by the Swedish Police and Road Safety Department. The sign above the display also noted that the rider had only recently obtained his license.
At 250 KM (155 mph) the operator is traveling at 227 feet per second. With normal reaction time to SEE-DECIDE-REACT of 1.6 seconds the above operator would have traveled over 363 feet while making a decision on what actions to take. In this incident the Swedish police indicate that no actions were taken.

Picture__Small_.jpg

*We don't get commission for tickets we write. I have never been asked to "go get some revenue for the city".
[/Quote]

You work for the wrong dept than.

I have family members here in MI that when the issue so many tickets they get paid days off. They call it an incentive program, not a quota.

I also hear stories from them about how they don't issue other cops tickets unless it is for a DUI, they say it is a trust issue. If they issue a cop a ticket then that cop will be mad at them, and may be their backup someday so they have to keep them happy.

Anyway you look at it, it is a joke. What ever happened to the law being equal to everybody? If the majority (not all) of cops don't write other cops tickets, aren't they hypocrites than?

Gentlemen-

1. Is it the law?

2. Did we break it?

then

3. Pay the fine and don't whine- unless you can beat the system somehow.

P.S.- I also ride with total contempt for speed and passing laws, don't get me wrong.
smile.gif

Those were written for vehicles without the enormous capabilities of the Hayabusa, and a rider capable of using them...

"With great power, comes great responsibility."

You got a warning. You admitted to speeding. Feel good about it and move on. What do you really have to complain about?

Back