The Busa's only competitor

jay21112

Registered
Hehe, got ya.... At my house the Busa's only competitor....is my new car. It's not as fast, but they do compete for my attention and modification money!

Now for those of you who don't like stories here is the low down... I just got a new car. Now scroll down and see the pretty pictures and then you can leave the post.

For those of you who like stories, here is mine....

I just bought my busa in July: $11,000 Loan. Now I had a 94 3000GT that was about to die so I needed a new car. Most I can afford to pay off in the next couple of years without having to become a male gigalo to get some extra moolah is a $35,000 loan which eqauls a $20,000 car. So, I did my research and the best new 20K ride I could find would be a 2004/2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4. You might laugh but it's no normal neon (think 220 horses in a very light car).

So I go to a Dodge dealership and he doesn't have any but says there is a preowned one down the street. So I go to the preowned dealership and as I walk in the door I see a friend from elementary school (score!) We go looking for the SRT-4, and it has already been sold. As we walk back into the dealership we pass a car in the showroom. This was the first car you see when you walk in the door. I saw it out of the corner of my eye and thought BEAUTIFUL.... But about 10K more than I could afford. My buddy came walking over and says, "you like that car, I can get it to ya for 20K" After I picked my jaw up from off the ground I managed to get out "duh, huh, wha???"
face7.gif
They took her out of the show room (drove her right out the front door) and off we went. We went down to the mall, and every single person that came out was staring at this car. I was like, OMG I have to have this thing. When we got back to the dealership he talks to his boss and comes back with $22.5K. I said can't afford it, see ya later and walked out the door, with a tiny tear in my eye.
down.gif

Later that night he calls me up saying he didn't get 1 customer all day and I can get it for 21K. I called up a relative in the business and he said, I know somebody at the dealership, let me call you back. He called the dealership and talked to the manager who he used to know. Calls me back and says you can have it for $20.5K, car is mint, its a good deal, take it! Needless to say the next day I go to the dealership and pick up this fricken car which I thought was so far out of my price range that it wasn't even worth me looking at!

A 2003 Nissan 350 Z with 11,000 miles.
Carbon fiber hood, veilside underbody kit, veilside spoiler, and two tone paint job. When I popped the hood, there was a huge buildup of wax on the lip of the car....meaning someone loved this thing almost as much as I do now!!!

Just a small step up from a Neon, huh??

Thats my story, now for the pics....

A picture of her at my house. Welcome to your new home, baby! Look at that beautiful front end. Unfortunately I live in MA, where we must have a front plate. So I have a bracket on order and will put one one. I can't tell you how upset I am about this!

1.JPG

for the record...classic selling techniques.. hehe..

anyway congrats on the car it's a good lookin' ride man.

I think you got a pretty square deal btw..

especially since you love the car!

When I was buying 5qts of mobil 1 to feed to her I noticed  these babies. Some carbon fiber gas pedals. Unfortunately the gas pedal didn't fit. So instead of the screws facing downwards, I turned them around and they now face upwards, and it fits fine. (There is one screw at each corner.) I can say this, my foot will never slip off of the gas pedal!!!

2.JPG

Last one (for now)

I had to order a smoked license plate cover (hard to see cause of the flash) and a "Z" license plate frame. Yeah, Nissan makes them so they run for $46. But it was worth every penny!!!!

Now I don't now if I want Tobin seats for my busa or a cold air intake for my Z.

GOD, WHY MUST YOU PUT THESE DECISIONS BEFORE ME!!!
(hehe, I guess I can live if these are the toughest decisions I have to make!)

Thanks for sharing in my excitement guys!!!!!!

3.JPG

Nice ride man, ove the color scheme, I think I am supposed to have a front plate on my car in this state, but I just couldn't bring myself to drill holes for the plate or a bracketin the front of my mustang GT. I have been rolling that for close to 4 years and haven't had a problem, I was even puled over once for speeding and still did't get nailed for lack of a front plate.

Thanks for the good words guys!

Babusa: MA used to only have 1 plate, and only in the last few years did they start issuing a front plate. On my old car I was only issued a rear plate and I was pulled over for speeding (cough, acoupleoftimes, cough) and the officer was like, "where is your front plate son?" and I had to explain how if you got a plate before a certain year you only had one.

So, needless to say, now that I am supposed to have two plates, I know for sure I'd be screwed if I didn't put that damned front one on. God, next they'll want a front plate on my busa!!!!

$35,000 loan which eqauls a $20,000 car.
I don't get what you mean by this, I just bought my truck with a loan for $35000 and it is worth $35000. If it wasn't worht it then the bank would not finance that much.

Loved the new car you got though, I remember you posting pics of it befiore. Glad things worked out for you.

$35,000 loan which eqauls a $20,000 car.
I don't get what you mean by this, I just bought my truck with a loan for $35000 and it is worth $35000. If it wasn't worht it then the bank would not finance that much.
I did this so I would not have to pay off 2 loans. I kinda consolidated. I can't explain what I did cause my parents took care of it. They cosigned for me and arranged it all, because...ok this is going to floor you...I don't have a job yet. I graduated in august with a master's degree in nutrition and it's real tough to get a dietitian job around here. So I've been looking, but everyone wants experience. I mean, damn, you would think 6 years of education would count for something, right? Soon I'll be working a burger king, telling people not to eat the fries cause they'll clog your arteries!

Don't envy my situation though (having 2 new vehicles without a job) because in order to afford these toys without making payments on them immediately means I'm living at home with my parents (no rent, free food) for the next 5 years. To have great things means to make great sacrifices (in this case I'm missing out on a lot of hotties.)

I took out a lone for $35K to pay off the 11K I owed on the busa, the $20.5K on the car, and to pay excise tax, insurance, etc... for the first year. In your case you could have asked the bank for $40K and used the extra 5K to put a sound system in it, a lift kit and some wheels, etc... I guess the extra would be put up against your salary or your house?

PS: oh snap, 100th post! And I'm not a post #####, I mean look how long my posts are!!  
biggrin.gif

PPS: how come I can't say post #####, but everyone else can say post #####... see post #####, post #####, post #####, unless... postwhore!

<!--EDIT|jay21112
Reason for Edit: None given...|1102047782 -->

Nice, Nice & once again "Nice". That's pretty much a steal for that 350Z, especially with all those goodies you scored Bro.
beerchug.gif

To have great things means to make great sacrifices (in this case I'm missing out on a lot of hotties.)
Oh, and if you can't snatch hotties with a busa AND a 350Z, you just ain't fuggin' tryin' bro!
biggrin.gif

Or maybe you meant you couldn't AFFORD to wine & dine the hotties after gettin' the toys?
rock.gif
That I could believe.
wink.gif

Nice ride, but, ummm... GET ZAINO!!!
Thats it dude, I'm callin you out!

You get a commission every time someone buys Zaino, Don't you!!! Don't lie to me, I see your conspiracy now!!! You bastid!

Really though, you've made a believer out of me with all your zaino posts. Its actually on my Busa modification staging list as a "mod." (Some people say I'm a little too organized, they are wrong, aren't they?
crazy.gif
that's my OCD or "pushin one out face", it can be used either way!)

However, if you went down to my basement (look in the background of the pic of my battery charger in "my babies mods" post) you would swear I have stock in mother's waxes. I can't justify buying zaino (on my small budget) until I use up all the mother's wax (in like 5 years!).

As for the hotties, yeah, you are partly right. The money is an issue. There are no "drink till she's cute" nights, cause I can't afford to "drink till she's cute."  
drinka.gif
 There is no, "hey baby, can I buy you a drink?" It's more like, what you drinkin, girl... can I have a sip?" But the whole living situation is a bigger problem. There is no lets go back to my place (parents), lets get comfy in my back seat (ain't got one anymore), lets play on the motorcycle (we'd crash and burn). Its all, "you got cable t.v? Snap, lets go to your place!" and "damn girl, you gotta check out the men's room, its so clean!" and don't forget "Naw I swear, no one's lookin, go ahead."

Hehe, thank god humor is free!  
pirate.gif
(just wanted to post a pirate, cause i have no idea when the hell anyone would ever need to post a pirate in their post!)

Nice ride, but, ummm... GET ZAINO!!!
Thats it dude, I'm callin you out!

You get a commission every time someone buys Zaino, Don't you!!! Don't lie to me, I see your conspiracy now!!! You bastid!

Really though, you've made a believer out of me with all your zaino posts. Its actually on my Busa modification staging list as a "mod." (Some people say I'm a little too organized, they are wrong, aren't they?
crazy.gif
that's my OCD or "pushin one out face", it can be used either way!)

However, if you went down to my basement (look in the background of the pic of my battery charger in "my babies mods" post) you would swear I have stock in mother's waxes. I can't justify buying zaino (on my small budget) until I use up all the mother's wax (in like 5 years!).

As for the hotties, yeah, you are partly right. The money is an issue. There are no "drink till she's cute" nights, cause I can't afford to "drink till she's cute."
drinka.gif
There is no, "hey baby, can I buy you a drink?" It's more like, what you drinkin, girl... can I have a sip?" But the whole living situation is a bigger problem. There is no lets go back to my place (parents), lets get comfy in my back seat (ain't got one anymore), lets play on the motorcycle (we'd crash and burn). Its all, "you got cable t.v? Snap, lets go to your place!" and "damn girl, you gotta check out the men's room, its so clean!" and don't forget "Naw I swear, no one's lookin, go ahead."

Hehe, thank god humor is free!
pirate.gif
(just wanted to post a pirate, cause i have no idea when the hell anyone would ever need to post a pirate in their post!)
If you tried Zaino just one time you'd pour that Mothers crap into the sewer drain and smile the whole time ya done it.
wink.gif

And I wish I did get a commission on every Zaino sale my comments and pics have prolly made for 'em. I could prolly afford two bikes.
wink.gif

wink.gif

Very nice set of wheels! Thought about getting a 350Z when I got back from the desert last time but wanted to let it get through its first year. We'll see what I get after this trip! And for the record, Zaino is the sh$t!

Nice car...that is what I would buy if I didn't have a job or parents that would help me out.
tounge.gif
Just kidding, I envy you having such a nice toy...that was a steel on the car. Congrats!
smile.gif

Back