The Busa Dr. does it again

BusaWhipped

Donating Member
Registered
The saga is finally over.  Luci started running poorly on the way back from the Bash.  I took her into the local dealer and they "fixed her all up."  Some sensor went bad and they replaced it.  I had done some short rides through the twisties and she was feeling OK.  

Then on Memorial Day weekend, I took her to Omar's place, about 225 miles of slab in between us.  On the way there I knew something wasn't right.  Semi was riding with me and I was taking a gallon more at the fuel stops.  She was blowing dark smoke when I'd open her up.  We'll back to the dealer where she sat for a week and no diagnosis.  

I called Steve last week and he was able to squeeze me into his busy schedule today.  And the Dr. was definately IN.  On the way there, I averaged 36 MPG riding between 65 and 70 MPH.  On the way home, she avaraged 50 MPG on the nose riding between 75 and 80 MPH.  Those numbers were calculated by hand, not taken from the Busa's display.

I'm so happy to have Luci healthy again.  Thanks again for everything Steve.  
ThumbsUp.gif
ThumbsUp.gif

ThumbsUp.gif

Steve got me going too ! Cant say enough about how they treat the bikes and customers. I'll be back !

Steve would be better at explaining. Something about the new sensor the dealer installed sending values that were causing the stock EMU to richen up the fuel mix. It was great to see the Dr. in action.

Great! Would be nice to have a Smithers local. That way you know it gets fixed right the first time.

I've had a chance to put a few miles on my Busa since they did my custom map, and my mileage only dropped from 48 to 45mpg all around riding.And it is sooo much nicer to ride.

busa_01_rsiz.jpg

It sure is nice to have them as a neighbor. They are convieniently locaed in the state next door
laugh.gif
With the side trip to have lunch with GSXcite,I put 480 miles on Luci today.

Steve would be better at explaining.  Something about the new sensor the dealer installed sending values that were causing the stock EMU to richen up the fuel mix.  It was great to see the Dr. in action.
reminds me of "doc" from "back to the future". good to see someone with skillz takin' care of your girl.
beerchug.gif

Steve would be better at explaining.  Something about the new sensor the dealer installed sending values that were causing the stock EMU to richen up the fuel mix.  It was great to see the Dr. in action.
reminds me of "doc" from "back to the future". good to see someone with skillz takin' care of your girl.  
beerchug.gif
The flux capacitor wasn't fluxing becasue she wan't generating the 1.21 Gigawatts of electricity needed.
laugh.gif

Glad to see you made it home OK. It was nice to be able to have lunch with you. See you in Arkansas.
ThumbsUp.gif

Dennis wish you could've stuck around for Smithers BBQ.....I bet there was 100 bikes there when Hal and I showed up around 8:30.....see you in a couple of weeks!!

Dennis wish you could've stuck around for Smithers BBQ.....I bet there was 100 bikes there when Hal and I showed up around 8:30.....see you in a couple of weeks!!
Me too. But it would have put me back home around 2 AM. I left home at 6 AM to get to Smithers. I didn't think it was such a good idea.

Back