The Bus has left the station!

Loki08

Registered
I was very hesitant at first, but yesterday decided that it time to switch bikes. I have found myself riding much more track and less street, and I was growing tired of having to physically exert myself twice what other riders were having to do to run the same times.

The Bus is gone. I moved on to a 2009 GSXR 1000. I do miss the Bus for its comfort, but the power is still there, and the weight difference is unmistakable.

Thanks everyone for all the tips, information, and fun stories on here. I'm not leaving, just switching rides. When the truck is paid off, I just might get back on the Bus for everyday/street riding.

Sorry for the crappy pics.

09gsxr1k072409f.jpg

09gsxr1k072409a.jpg

09gsxr1k072409b.jpg

09gsxr1k072409c.jpg

09gsxr1k072409d.jpg

09gsxr1k072409e.jpg

Glad to hear you'll be sticking around. That's just a sick color! By far the best for the 2009 1000. I mean no ones going to hate on you when you went out and chose the 2009 liter bike of the year. So good choice!
As far as you finding yourself doing more track time....that is definitely one expensive way to get lower lap times! :laugh: Here's to keeping her rubber side down my man. :whistle:

Last edited:
Gorgeous bike. I'd be tempted myself, but the riding position is a bit cramped for this 51 year old body.

One question though: How the bloody hell do you keep the front wheel down on that thing?

Awesome choice... after being at Mid Ohio last weekend, I too am thinking about a GSXR 1000. But I'll keep my Busa if I get one. I'd love to have an all black 1000 and black it out COMPLETELY. Again, sweet bike man. How about some action pics?!

You didn't leave home, you just moved into the next room. My son has a 1000 and I like it as much as my busa. I make up some lame excuse at times just to ride it.:thumbsup:

Back