The birth of a new bike!!!

This is a farewell to this board as an owner.  I have sold my Busa to one of the board members, but have come up with what I hope will be a suitable alternative.  After much effort, I have successfully mated the two bikes below to produced the third!
View attachment 765173  <span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>+</span>  View attachment 765174 <span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>  =</span>View attachment 765175

I think Yamaha is going to call it something like an FJR1300A.

But on a more serious note, I have really enjoyed the Busa and this board and want to say thank you to all the board members for sharing all their brilliant mods!

too_many_hobbies

FJR should treat you well.
smile.gif
But you'll want to tighten up that suspension a lot to take advantage of it's REAL abilities. Post a pic of it when you get it!

As far as a touring bike, your choice of the FJR1300(Automatic) can't be beat. I once owned a FJ1200 (1986) and loved that bike, smooth, reliable and fast.
Good luck and post a pic or two when you get her!

I ordered the conventional shift FJR1300A, not the FJR1300AE with the electric shift. I am always sceptical of new technologies when they first come out. Mine was ordered on September 28th within the first few hours of when the Priority Delivery program opened so I should get one of the first ones. My dealer says it is due in this month. European FJRs are already being delivered. I had never ridden a Busa when I bought mine and I have also never ridden an FJR. Time will tell...

too_many_hobbies

I am sad to see anyone leave , good luck with your new bike.

So you got rid of the Goldwing? Id love to know why!

<!--EDIT|BentValve
Reason for Edit: None given...|1141848488 -->

BentValve,

I  went to buy a BUSA in 2001 and ended up with the Gold Wing because my wife liked the back seat.  I kept the Wing a few years and sold it to buy the Busa.  My wife won't ride with me at all on the Busa and since I can't haul much on it, I can't ride it during the day for work purposes.  I therefore found myself not riding it much at all so I decided to compromise with my wife and order the FJR.

I have had several toys over the years and I feel guilty owning two bikes.  It is my kid's turn to have the toys.  I am buying my son one of the 200 HP Seadoos for his 14th birthday in April (Hayabusa on the water).

The problem I have is that I have way too many things that I enjoy doing and not near enough time or money to do all of them. I try not to get too much into any one thing.

Later...

too_many_hobbies

<!--EDIT|too_many_hobbies
Reason for Edit: "One other thought..."|1141855642 -->

You can still be part of the org. We like you no matter what kind of bike you ride. Don't be a stranger.

Thank you GSXcite!

Your post made me think of what I saw today. A guy and gal on a crotch rocket were riding along with another couple on a cruiser. That always catches my attention simply because they are two totally different looking bikes, especially when you meet them from the front. I have noticed that is becoming common around here. Different strokes...

Several of us went to the Honda Hoot last year, me on my Busa, other crotch rockets, Gold Wings, a cruiser, and my 21 year old cousin named Chad on a Harley Sportster. Who can go fastest in the curves sometimes comes down to whoever has the most nerve. Well anyway, I was behind Chad on the Dragon and saw him pass a 600 rocket on the outside of a curve. I waited to pass the 600 on a small straightaway. I had forgotten about passing the 600 by the time we got to Deals Gap and this guy came up and started asking all kind of question about the suspension and engine on the Sportster (which are stock). After a while, I realized that he was the guy that Chad had passed a ways back. I was ammused when the 600 rocket guy continued going around the crowd telling the story of how he couldn't keep up with this crazy guy on a Harley.

too_many_hobbies

I really like the Yellow Goldwing.
wink.gif
+1  if you ever ride one you'll want one
  wish it was in my budget right now
sad.gif
Jeese....really?...17 years ago I bought a new '89 Goldwing (first year of the 1,520cc if I recall correctly)...

gwnohand.jpg

and 6 months after the novelty of having Ted Nugent playing in the cassette deck and muted intercom system wore off?...I felt it one of the worst bike purchases I ever made...reasons why?...

1. It handled and felt like I was riding 1/2 of a honda accord...very un-exciting and...

2. It obviousely wasn't a good one bike battery of an "All-Arounder"...purpose built to the extreme of "TOUR" and..

3. It cost so freaking much I think I spent as much time washing and waxing as I did riding...you haven't lived until you get blasted by love bugs and hafta "Clean Your Wing"..
sad.gif
and...

4. You think we spend $$$ modding our Busa's?...you ain't seen shid until ya start "ACCESSORIZING" a GoldWing.
wow.gif

It was a torquer from he11 though and if I reved it too 5K at a 10 mph roll in first and dumped the clutch in 2nd?...it would lay down a good 60' rolling burnout...3,500 in 1st and drop the clutch would get the front wheel up pretty decent as well but..cornering that huge pig absolutely suxed.
laugh.gif

Sorry 'bout the rant but the experience sticks out to me..."Different Strokes" I guess.

too_many_hobbies:

The FJR is a solid choice....more emphasis on tour than sport as compared to the Busa's being more sport than hyper tour...but I think you'll appreciate that shaft drive as well as the added cargo space..they ain't no Busa but...sounds like it'll fitcher needs in "A Bike" a bit better.

Congrats and....L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

sad.gif

Wow, too_many_hobbies, you seem to have made wise choices on picking pass motorcycles in my opinion. I have been considering the FJR1300 too. Fits my riding mode lately. Wanted to test ride one just recently but the dealer informed me that they don't keep them in stock. They are pre-order only,.. yeesh. Said he would call me when one comes in so I could take a look at it before the owner came by to pick it up.
Congrats also, and good luck with your new purchase
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|motioncobra
Reason for Edit: None given...|1141868531 -->

motioncobra,

I was really put out by the special order program also. For one thing, I am a typical consumer, meaning that when I decide to buy something, I want it right now!!! I found though that most of the Yamaha dealers have extra FJRs ordered under family and employee names. So if you decide you want to add an FJR to your stable, start calling around until you find one they have coming in that is not spoken for. I know for a fact that there are still units like that available. From what I have read on one of the FJR forums though, dealers try to get top dollar out of those bikes.

One thing about the Busa, Wing, and FJR, is that there are more mods and accessories than anyone has time, money, or desire to perform/install. Modding and customizing (or just daydreaming about modding and customizing) the bike is half the fun of owning it. There are a couple of current posts of multiple Busas on this forum that are prime examples of impressive works of art.

too_many_hobbies

Good Luck with the Yammi , Hobbies ! Post some pics when you get her and keep in touch !
wink.gif

I really looked at the FJR before the Busa for my LD rides. One of our Famous members rides one and runs one of the FJR web sites. Out of Washington and goes by Warchild. Really knows the FJR in and out and is an unbelieveable rider along with being just a DOWN RIGHT WONDERFUL FRIENDLY GUY ! Good choice and I hope you really enjoy your NEW RIDE
cool.gif

Back