The Best Touring Windscreen & Riser Combo

get a powerbronze airflow screen. i have used the stock, zg db, and now the powerbronze. if you are a taller person u will like the powerbronze much more. it looks just like z g db but it comes up a little higher. check it out .

www.powerbronze.co.uk
biggrin.gif

Ilike the heli-bar ZG Sport touring windscreen if you really going long distances. the heli's give you rise and pull-back makes it a more comfortable ride. Also get a throttle lock- $9.95 it'll save your wrist the strain.

I had a GenMar 1 1/4", 3/4" and Heli Bars. To me the wider spacer is way better than Heli's. The straight angle of the Heli's is an unatural wrist position, the angle down much better. You retain the downward angle with the spacer. I'm 5'9", and the 3/4" spacer wasn't enough.

pure_ego...lemme see if I can help ya understand.

2 decades ago I may have felt just like you (no inference to your age or physical shape as I have no idea who or how old you are) but...I'm a former U.S. Marine who used to lift a lot of weights and did a lot of fitness training and am now an out of shape father of three daughters who's going on 47 years old. Now, If I had tbne mindset that everywhere I went on y Busa that I was gonna tuck and run WFO???....or if I'm not doing at least 180mph I might as well take the wifes mini-van???
laugh.gif
Then yes....screwing with the bikes aerodynamics may be a concern for me but at this stage of the game???....I'll sacrifice the couple extra top-end mph's for a lot more comfort everywhere else...but that's just me.

I've been riding since I was 14  and spent my last 5 years on Naked Supersports...an '00 ZRX1100 and a Yami FZ1....either bike I'd ride anywhere and all over all day long and then some with no problems...he11...I bought the FZ1 back in '01 over the internet....flew out of Palm Beach International one way to Newark..got off the plane wearing my alpinestars with packed tourmaster saddlebags in one hand an a HJC helmet in the other!!!  
laugh.gif
Bought tyhe FZ1 and then rode it 1,275 miles from Piscataway, NJ back home too Port Saint Lucie, FL in two days.

Point is...I ain't out to break any land speed records or brag down at the local burger joint on bike nights....but I do "Ride"...with a wife and three daughters sometimes I ride all freaking weekend!!!  And again..that's just me.  
laugh.gif

Sounds like the ZG Touring is the way to go and maybe some homebrew risers.

Thanks Folks & L8R, Bill.
I'm not too good with words... but if I were, I would have kinda put it like that
biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Jinkster, try lowering the rear with some dogbones. I don't mean slammed, just the middle setting(about 1.5-2inch drop), it helps out alot on the wrists.

I had a GenMar 1 1/4", 3/4" and Heli Bars. To me the wider spacer is way better than Heli's. The straight angle of the Heli's is an unatural wrist position, the angle down much better. You retain the downward angle with the spacer. I'm 5'9", and the 3/4" spacer wasn't enough.
Thanks meatgrinder...And I had just found some used Heli's for $85 but...I see what you're saying about the wrist angle and heli has just straightened out alot of draft angle causing the rider to...."wrists spun up/elbows out"...much like what is very right for a dirt rider but very wrong for hyper sport tour....as wrists should be light and natural and elbows should be tuckable....I can see that's NOT the case with the helibars..thanks for bringing that to my attention...in which case an inch or so or rise should do me just fine.

cool.gif

Hey Jinkster, I remember you from my days on FZ1OA. Nice looking bus you got there, you're going to fall deeply in love with that motorcycle.

I've got a light tint Puig DB and the .75 Genmar. I'm tall at 6'3" and couldn't see the clocks, but now I can. Wind blast hits me in the mid-chest, so my helmet is in clean air. The Genmars make a subtle but nice difference as well.

FWIW

Jinkster, try lowering the rear with some dogbones. I don't mean slammed, just the middle setting(about 1.5-2inch drop), it helps out alot on the wrists.
GMBusa...first???...thanks and I know what you're saying is true but...I hang and ride with a rather sporting crowd of middle aged Hoolies...and with the Busa already having issues regarding dragging hard parts in a curve???...I ain't "Lowering" anything.
wow.gif

Hey Jinkster, I remember you from my days on FZ1OA. Nice looking bus you got there, you're going to fall deeply in love with that motorcycle.

I've got a light tint Puig DB and the .75 Genmar. I'm tall at 6'3" and couldn't see the clocks, but now I can. Wind blast hits me in the mid-chest, so my helmet is in clean air. The Genmars make a subtle but nice difference as well.

FWIW
I was wondering if you was the "Same Chain"!!! LOL!!!

And yeah...I fell in love with this thing by the time I hit the end of the previous owners driveway and...that love was confirmed when I hit the first curve.
cool.gif

Small world.:)

well if you are still shopping, here's my .02 worth
wink.gif

helibars are great, my arms arent as long as others who have this bike, so the fact that they are up some and back a bit helps a ton. They also look very stock, unless you look directly at them you wont know they are there. I'm going with the Puig screen on the folks here recommendation that Puig is slightly better constructed than the ZG DB. Being 5'7"ish, I should fit nicely under the "bubble" of air blocking either provides
cool.gif

Back