The best new used bike I ever bought

LuapSouthFlorida

Registered
So here's the story on the new (to me) Hayabusa. It's a 2022 with 485 miles on it when it was delivered. It was originally bought as a show bike, and the owner did some work on it to make it even more badass with right around $3k in upgrades. New M4 carbon fiber / stainless exhaust (shaves 22lbs off the weight) and Sprint P08 air filter to get it breathing, then put it on the dyno to tune the air fuel, timing, etc. Also the factory restrictions have been removed to allow maximum horsepower and torque, while increasing smoothness and general "rideability" during normal rides. The bike is also lowered and an "Evil" 4" extended swingarm and new chain installed. Other extras include the rear seat "hump", LiON battery with trickle charger, bar end mirrors, and front and rear stands for washing and maintenance. I saved a bundle on this deal, and I love the bike and plan on keeping it a long time. I did get out today and take some pics as you can see below. I'm not trying to show off, I'm just very happy/proud/excited to be a Hayabusa owner again and wanted to share with y'all..
[UPDATE: Video story] https://youtu.be/O6OJZwDXwGU

DSCF1708_09_10_tonemapped (Large).jpg

DSCF1711_2_3_tonemapped (Large).jpg

DSCF1747_8_9_tonemapped (Large).jpg

DSCF1705_6_7_tonemapped (Large).jpg

DSCF1729_30_31_tonemapped (Large).jpg

DSCF1702_3_4_tonemapped (Large).jpg

DSCF1720_1_2_tonemapped (Large).jpg

DSCF1744_5_6_fused (Large).jpg

DSCF1723_4_5_fused (Large).jpg

Nice setup! Absolutely nothing wrong with being happy about getting a good deal. Mine's wasn't as near as good as yours and i'm still thrilled lol. How do you like the exhaust? Is there any drone worth mentioning while cruising?

Nice setup! Absolutely nothing wrong with being happy about getting a good deal. Mine's wasn't as near as good as yours and i'm still thrilled lol. How do you like the exhaust? Is there any drone worth mentioning while cruising?
The exhaust is great. A really nice sound on the Busa engine, and no droning or annoying harmonics at highway speeds. I cruised about 75 for several miles today and the only problem was there was a 1 missing in front of the 75 :thumbsup:

The exhaust is great. A really nice sound on the Busa engine, and no droning or annoying harmonics at highway speeds. I cruised about 75 for several miles today and the only problem was there was a 1 missing in front of the 75 :thumbsup:
That's good to hear. The price is right for that exhaust. I'm still on the fence about which one to choose.

Thanks, I was very happy to get the bike and the icing on the cake is that it's the color I wanted.
Now I gotta find some riding buddies around south central Florida
I'd imagine that there'd be plenty of riders still on the road in that area of the country. On a side note, if you haven't tried the OEM mirrors and they were included with your purchase, they're worth the look. Super steady at 100+ with no vibration and the width of viewability isn't terrible. You still get some shoulder but a lil lean easily clears the view.

That's good to hear. The price is right for that exhaust. I'm still on the fence about which one to choose.

I put a full M4 with cf muffler on the '18 gsxr1000R, over a year and a half ago.
High quality, bolted together easily, no fitment issues.
The carbon fiber still looks the same as new.
All M4 mufflers come with a short removeable baffle, and a long baffle is available, and both make a noticeable difference in sound.
I have both for the gsxr.

Back