the Best babysitter in the world

havoc

Registered
PS2, santa gave it to my 5year son this xmas, man, he doesnt even come out of his room, i have to force him to come down stairs and eat. i dont know if this is a good thing or bad thing. all he wants to do is play his game.

he will grow out of it. my 9yrold daughter has nintendo, n64, playstation, ps2, vcr, dvc, satelite, cable, and 32" tv.
biggrin.gif

she still kicks me off my pc and has to watch the big screen on occasion.
smile.gif

Grow out of it? I don't know about that. I still have to kick my 16-year-old son off of it sometimes.

You know it's nice to be able to provide this sort of entertainment for kids, but I remember the "good ole days" when our entertainment was only limited by our imaginations...
sad.gif

You know it's nice to be able to provide this sort of entertainment for kids, but I remember the "good ole days" when our entertainment was only limited by our imaginations...  
sad.gif
c'mon STUN, you cant be much older than me... playin with matchbox cars, g.i.joes ridin bicycles... then along came video games. I never had one but my step-dad did. It is our imagination that has brought us this far. Now if I could just play it out on the busa. Damn this weather!!!
mad.gif

sad.gif
haha..

"Back in the old days we were so poor we had to smoke weeds!... We used to get stoned and watch the radio!"

haha.. stolen from Robin Williams live@the met

You made me remember it Stunnah.

Oh.. dang I totally forgot.. I have a PS2 and I'm take spells with it... I play the Grand Theft Auto games like they are cool.. which they are.. Vice City is awesome!! .. and uhm.. Gran Turismo... other than those I don't much play it.. use it for a dvd player more than I actually "play" it at times.

sad.gif
c'mon STUN, you cant be much older than me... playin with matchbox cars, g.i.joes ridin bicycles... then along came video games. I never had one but my step-dad did. It is our imagination that has brought us this far. Now if I could just play it out on the busa. Damn this weather!!!  
mad.gif
crap my folks were poor...I was raised by my mom and she had a difficult time robbing Peter to pay Paul...

Havoc,
Just my 2 cents, but kids need to get outside, or do something else (if it's raining). He needs to use his imagination to find something to do. Maybe limit how long he can play the game. Play the game with him, then talk with him about it after you're done. Tell him he can come back to the game after a while. It's great that Santa brought him a toy that was a big hit with him, but he shouldn't spend all of his time in his room. Again just my 2c.

sad.gif
mad.gif
crap my folks were poor...I was raised by my mom and she had a difficult time robbing Peter  to pay Paul...
we were poor also STUNNAH but I do remember playing Atari and Intellivision at a friends house.. the good old days..

Havoc
Like bren said, you should actually limit his play time with the video games.. My Wifes brother is 11 and has to go to Silvan learning institute every night after regular school. He was reading at a 1st grade level and their saying it's cause he would play video games till midnight or so and sleep in school.
And I told them it was their own fault for not policing it. that's just my .02

bob, in that case it is the parents fault. theres a million cases around the country where a game is a good thing, and the parents are the worst thing. kapish?

bob, in that case it is the parents fault. theres a million cases around the country where a game is a good thing, and the parents are the worst thing. kapish?
read the last line in what I wrote..

I told them it was thier own fault for not policing it..

His Mom and Dad have recently divorced and where struggling for a couple years before and I believe they were to blame, but I also believe you have to limit your childs TV time or they will never expand thier minds...

sad.gif
mad.gif
crap my folks were poor...I was raised by my mom and she had a difficult time robbing Peter  to pay Paul...
we were poor also STUNNAH but I do remember playing Atari and Intellivision at a friends house.. the good old days..

Havoc
Like bren said, you should actually limit his play time with the video games.. My Wifes brother is 11 and has to go to Silvan learning institute every night after regular school. He was reading at a 1st grade level and their saying it's cause he would play video games till midnight or so and sleep in school.
And I told them it was their own fault for not policing it. that's just my .02
How many kids you got?

You're right, and you're not.

Policing is for the parents that care. There is also the version of parents that do care, but don't pay attention. your right, and your not. were all wrong and right at the same time. I'll shatap cus i may not make sense soon. just a thing i go through.
biggrin.gif

I have 1 kid... 3 and 1/2 going on 16 I swear...

She loves Music,Dancing, and Drag racing, and she tells me when she thinks a boy is cute.. now that ain't right she is only 3.

Cache
This would be a good topic starter. "How many kids you got?"

Sorry Busaben were crashing your thread. I'll take it somewhere else.

PS2, santa gave it to my 5year son this xmas, man, he doesnt even come out of his room, i have to force him to come down stairs and eat. i dont know if this is a good thing or bad thing. all he wants to do is play his game.
BTW

It is a great tool to keep your kid busy.. Don't get him that Vice City that Pureego mentioned though..

Havoc,
Just my 2 cents, but kids need to get outside, or do something else (if it's raining).  He needs to use his imagination to find something to do.  Maybe limit how long he can play the game.  Play the game with him, then talk with him about it after you're done.  Tell him he can come back to the game after a while.  It's great that Santa brought him a toy that was a big hit with him, but he shouldn't spend all of his time in his room.  Again just my 2c.
you said rain, i live in the NW thats all we get, but my son is very active, studying the martial arts now , getting pretty goood at it. we do limit the time he plays with it. hes in KD right now so where drilling education right now.

It is a great tool to keep your kid busy.. Don't get him that Vice City that Pureego mentioned though..
Thats a very good point Bob.... I'm 25 and I think Vice City is currupting me!!.. haha They even have motorcycles on this one!

looking for the rocket launcher

Seriously.. I would not let a kid of mine (if I had any) play some of the games they are making now. I would definatly be checking them out, and paying attention to the ratings on them.

Back