The baddest helmet ever

Just announced pricing today. $1300 for the low end helmet. $1999 for the Limited Edition.

CHA DANG CHING!!!!

I think all of the teaser Beta Tester offers was nothing more than a marketing campaign. Myself and how many others here get offers to considered for Beta Testing? None of us got it as far as I know.

I could not believe the pricing on these things, Ill stick to my dash mounted "TomTom" GPS and my Arai Profile Helmet and rear view mirrors for looking behind me. Very neat idea but until that price is cut by 50% your not going to begin to see these things around very much. Cool technology but drastically overpriced...especially considering their lack of even a Snell rating...DOT is a worthless stamp anymore...

Just announced pricing today. $1300 for the low end helmet. $1999 for the Limited Edition.

CHA DANG CHING!!!!

I think all of the teaser Beta Tester offers was nothing more than a marketing campaign. Myself and how many others here get offers to considered for Beta Testing? None of us got it as far as I know.

Sadly I have to agree. I signed up as I know many here did. The way they said they picked beta testers was by whoever generated the most buzz/posts/etc on social media. The thought being these people would be good to review the product and keep the buzz alive about how great the helmet was in real world conditions with everyday riders. Then when beta testers were picked I saw almost no beta tester postings/reviews/etc. Skully posted a "testimonial" on Facebook in response to people who wanted to see more feedback from beta testers.

Anyway, it's a good idea but I'm very disappointed overall. The price goes up $100 (on the $1300 helmet) if you don't pre-order. I think I'll just add a Sena 20S to my Scorpion helmet, be glad I have mirrors and keep on rolling.

Agree. Sweet helmet. Awesome features. But never buy the first edition of anything (besides copper hayabusa ) . And though the black is cool. I want more colors. I'll stay with my bell star carbon with smh10.

Remember when DVD players 1st came out?? The damn things were $500+ and was the size of an old school VCR....now you can buy 1 that's a 1/4 of the size @ walmart for $39.99 :laugh:

Just wait out the initial "gotta have it" frenzy/hype. The price will drop as will competitors mirror the technology and level out the market 4 them :whistle:

Neat Idea, fancy pants features that to me would be a distraction. Nowhere does it say anything about it's venting or serviceability. How much does it weigh?
I wish them well in success.

I think they blew it by not adding bike telemetry (tach, shift light). I suggested that they have a module that connected to the bike to send more stuff to the visor cam and include a break light on the helmet. Still this is a pretty nice effort. Also, a good waterproof bike GPS is $600 and a good Helmet $500 or so. Plus the visor is tinted electronically, which is good for another $200. If the helmet is good quality and doesn't have weight or noise issues, $1300 isn't that bad a deal for those who can afford it (unlike me).

I think they blew it by not adding bike telemetry (tach, shift light). I suggested that they have a module that connected to the bike to send more stuff to the visor cam and include a break light on the helmet. Still this is a pretty nice effort. Also, a good waterproof bike GPS is $600 and a good Helmet $500 or so. Plus the visor is tinted electronically, which is good for another $200. If the helmet is good quality and doesn't have weight or noise issues, $1300 isn't that bad a deal for those who can afford it (unlike me).

They have their own software development kit that will allow developers to build custom apps to interface with the helmet. It is not a stretch to think a talented programmer would be able to get the helmet communicating with a bluetooth OBDII reader to add telemetry to the helmet - essentially, anything that can be read via OBDII could be displayed.

I agree that the price is not unreasonable, but I am more interested in seeing if this functional prototype actually becomes a full production run, or just disappears quietly like all the other vaporware that seems to result from all of the Kickstarter and IndieGoGo funding campaigns. It would not surprise me in the least if the estimated delivery dates start getting pushed back further and further.

Yup. My feelings exactly. I would never pre-order something this out there as far as technology etc. I want it to get into people's hands and have them shake it down. Besides, I actually want a couple more functions before i buy one. Still going to put it in my wish list budget though!

Here is the heads up I got from the web. The helmet comes in at over 5lbs and there is a speedo on the helmet. The helmet can also link to your phone. That's all I got for now. I was hoping that the first 25 orders would take it down to 1k but I guess better luck next time.

I AM IRON MAN! !!!!!
Jarvis! or a Google Glass!
Seriously it looks awesome but with a learning curve

I almost broke down and paid for the helmet today. Until I saw the ship date. December seems a tad bit long for me to wait.

image.jpg

image.jpg

That's a lot of money to spend on electronics that can't be swapped to another lid once the suggest 5 year life span is up! I'm all for seeing what is behind me however I don't need any excessive crap taking my eyes off the road!

Back