The award of awards

Amode

Registered
I was in the haight SF today 22 min left in meter. The Punk cited for clear plastic lens over my lic plate. Ca law?????????. Sixty Bucks.:moon:

115-1522_IMG.jpg

That totally blows! Can not read my azz! How did they put your plate # on the citation then? Someone that has a woody for sport bikes! OR they are a Kawi owner:whistle:

It's a correctable ticket. Take the cover off, go to local PD and they'll clear it. Then you don't have to pay.

It's BS but they are crackin hard on riders in the bay area. What did we do to them I think it's just jealousy :laugh:. Sounds like he was itchin to ticket someone and you lost the raffle so to speak. (Thats what I got told once by LE)

PanadaNin is right this could just be a "fix it" ticket. Here in Idaho you can have a CLEAR plastic lens over your licence plate. You just have to make sure your plate is clear. On the other hand we can get an obstructed plate ticket for having mud and or snow on the plate. Normaly not ticked if you are are not a jerk about it.

The State is broke.

It needs money.

It wants your $60.

:laugh:

What a drag.

flame me but I am sort of glad you got that ticket... Seems that more and more I am seeing cars and bikes with plates you can not even read due to the "cover" they put on them...

WTH am I supposed to do when I get hit and runned by a guy with a plate that is covered? The law is pretty standard "NOTHING can cover the plate" PERIOD..

I had some azzhat in a BMW run my tail off the road (just changed lanes without much concern) and the smoked cover the plate pretty much guaranteed I was not going to see what the tag was..

take the stupid cover off...... no good reason to have your plate covered unless you are trying to hide the thing anyway...

AGREE with Bogus. No one is picking on you, you broke the law. $60 is cheap. Over $200 here.

Last edited:
(f) A covering shall not be used on license plates except as follows:

(1) The installation of a cover over a lawfully parked vehicle to protect it from the weather and the elements does not constitute a violation of this subdivision. Any peace officer or other regularly salaried employee of a public agency designated to enforce laws, including local ordinances, relating to the parking of vehicles may temporarily remove so much of the cover as is necessary to inspect any license plate, tab, or indicia of registration on a vehicle.

(2) The installation of a license plate security cover is not a violation of this subdivision if the device does not obstruct or impair the recognition of the license plate information, including, but not limited to, the issuing state, license plate number, and registration tabs, and the cover is limited to the area directly over the top of the registration tabs. No portion of a license plate security cover shall rest over the license plate number.

A casing, shield, frame, border, product, or other device that obstructs or impairs the reading or recognition of a license plate by an electronic device operated by state or local law enforcement, an electronic device operated in connection with a toll road, high-occupancy toll lane, toll bridge, or other toll facility, or a remote emission sensing device, as specified in Sections 44081 and 44081.6 of the Health and Safety Code, shall not be installed on, or affixed to, a vehicle.

Check the law. In SC it's unlawful to have a tinted cover. Clear is legal as long as it doesn't obstruct.

Why would you want to cover your plate? Just wondering :beerchug:

Keep someone from stealing your sticker. Hell a ton of people in Philly won't even leave their tag on the vehicle (car) but keep it in the rear window. I hear about a lot of plate and sticker theft... So there are reasons other than asshatery to cover your plate... I believe he said his plate was clear so it is probably just a revenue generator. But if it is state law to keep it uncovered so be it.
E

Back