The Art of Buying a Used Busa...

BoiseBusa

Donating Member
Registered
<span style='color:black'>Well, I've been searching everywhere for a good Busa with a fairly low price, and after several missed bikes in good condition, I think I have finally been able to start the motions for buying one. The gentleman I'm buying the bike from just called me this morning to let me know that he faxed info to my credit union.

I'm in Boise, ID and found the 06 Black Busa for sale in California. So, it looks like I'm going to take a road trip through Reno, and then on to California for this bike!! Anyone along the way want to meet?
beerchug.gif

I will be leaving Boise on Friday the 29th at about 2pm and driving to Reno. I'll stay the night there in Reno and then Saturday morning continue the rest of the way to CA. I'll get the bike, stay the night in CA, then cruise back to Boise on Sunday.

I'm hoping to post updates in this thread and let everyone know of the progress, then once I get the bike I WILL POST PICS!!

So, today's update is:
Got the call that the papers have been faxed to the Credit Union. Monday I'll check with them to make sure everything looks okay, and I will also contact my insurance company to find out how much insurance will be. (I'm using Progressive, unless anyone knows of someone cheaper!)
Insurance shouldn't be too bad, they gave me a quote last year for a 2004 Busa, so the 06 should be fairly comparable. (Yes, I've been looking for a Busa for over a year!)

I will keep you all updated! Thanks for your help!

-Nick</span>
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

I've never seen or heard of that helmet, sounds like a sweet deal. My preference is the Hayabusa Shoei. Most comfortable helmet I've ever owned. Congrats on the purchase hope it goes through.

I don't know about that helmet. I prefer Shoei or Arai but if you are looking for an inexpensive helmet you might want to look at helmets made by Scorpion. I have worn one and they are comfortable and rather inexpensive (around the same price as the one on E-Bay). Good luck on your road trip and enjoy the Busa.
beerchug.gif

Look at State Farm for an insurance quote. They are consistently the lowest for the busa....

Good luck!

(big jim @ Jun. 24 2007,06:02) you might want to look at helmets made by Scorpion. I have worn one and they are comfortable and rather inexpensive (around the same price as the one on E-Bay). Good luck on your road trip and enjoy the Busa.
<span style='color:black'>Thanks! I'll check those helmets out.

Nothing new today as far as the Busa goes...Since it's Sunday...I prayed about it!
cool.gif
</span>

(pward76 @ Jun. 24 2007,10:41) Look at State Farm for an insurance quote. They are consistently the lowest for the busa....
<span style='color:black'>Nice! I'll give them a call, thanks for the tip!
super.gif
</span>
super.gif

super.gif

I don't know about you, but buying a helmet from a no-name brand that I've never heard of before doesn't seem like the best place to save money. There are plenty of well-known brands that sell inexpensive models. I'd just stick with a name and corporation I've at least heard of before.

Most insurance quotes I have seen from Progressive are out of sight. I have state farm at a cost of $40 a month with full coverage.

<span style='color:black'>Yeah, Progressive is double State Farms!!
Holy Kleenex Batman! Right under my nose and I blew it.
laugh.gif

I called State Farm today and they want my car added to the policy if I do go with them... I may have to mull this one over...

-Nick</span>

<span style='color:black'>Need some suggestions... I want to seal the deal with this guy so the Busa isn't sold to anyone else. Is there some sort of way I could get a bank to pay him and hold the title for me? I'm in Idaho and the bike is in Cali, so I'm not able to pickup the bike until this weekend. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

-Nick</span>

<span style='color:black'>Looks like everything is going great!  Finally got the chance to talk to the credit union.  They are going to do everything with the title and payment, so I don't get scammed.  Called the seller and let him know that payment is being sent overnight.  So it looks like everything is ready to go.  All I have to do is go pick it up!  I found out the bike has upgraded exhaust, and a double-bubble windscreen too!  
I'm soo excited, I'm giving the office chair butt-hickies!  
beerchug.gif

-Nick</span>

<span style='color:black'>Actually, I didn't want to go with a brand spanking new 2008 Busa - Possibly too many mechanical kinks to work out and too expensive for me. (I also really like the older bodywork!)  

/However - I am getting an 06 with 3000 miles on it for
only $7500
beerchug.gif
</span>

That's a good deal IMO, just giving ya some shid brother. Always look for the smilies
laugh.gif

I'm not in the market, got a brand new '06 with zero miles at delivery. 16 K now. I hope they didn't change the body much and I pray they didn't put those faggot mirror signals on the new one. Dayum they're ugly.

New_Image_3__Small_.JPG

I doubt very much there will be any major bugs to work out, sounds like most of the technology upgrades are already operating on the 1K.
Have a little faith people!
beerchug.gif

Back